Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 63.5%

• Total voters
This is off topic, but does anyone know why the Orlando version doesn’t use film-accurate sounds? In Hollywood the Ultrasaurs used the Brachio sounds from the movie, but the Orlando Ultrasaur has generic sounds. Same goes with Rexy and the some of the raptors. The soundtrack also isn’t used except for the gate opening. The rest of the ride is all Dino sounds and narration, while Hollywood had musical tracks for each scene. Does anyone have any insight on this? Did the ride have the soundtrack when it opened and Uni maintenance forgot about it? A theory I heard was that Hollywood was based on the movie while IOA was based on the book, but there are still enough movie tie-ins in IOA that this wouldn’t make much sense. Anybody got their two cents?
I've always wondered this about the T-Rex specifically

In terms of rides without upgrades the JP River adventure is IOA's ET. Except they are still making Jurassic's. Imagine if half Of Hagrids was either static or inoperable. I'm embarrassed by Ultrasaur lagoon and the raptors in the lift hill. How is that even acceptable for them to operate that way? Im all for an actual refurb and reskin to JW. The sooner the better.

In terms of rides without upgrades the JP River adventure is IOA's ET. Except they are still making Jurassic's. Imagine if half Of Hagrids was either static or inoperable. I'm embarrassed by Ultrasaur lagoon and the raptors in the lift hill. How is that even acceptable for them to operate that way? Im all for an actual refurb and reskin to JW. The sooner the better.
Exactly, for one of Uni’s biggest IPs, you’d think that they’d take care of it more. At least they’ve kept ET in somewhat decent shape over the years. The current River Adventure is even worse than Hollywood’s was before closure. Ideally I’d like to see Uni throw a bone to the OG fans and the retro market by giving this a massive refurb and combining elements of the Hollywood river adventure with the IOA version to create the ultimate version, but I’d happily take JW over the state it’s currently in. BTW this resort needs to have a massive, lifelike animatronic on the property that works it’s way into pop culture like the OG Kong, and the I-Rex from the Hollywood update would fill this void if we get the JW treatment

I was just there this week and they removed the raptor cage/box that used to almost fall on you before the lift hill. When I was there in March it was still there. I know it hasn’t worked for a while. I also feel like there were all these new raptor noises in that area now. Maybe something to tie it to velocicoaster where Claire says to check out the River adventure at the end?

I also really wonder about the music. The last part with the Rex is really begging for some tension music. I guess I’ll have to go hunting on YouTube for old POV’s of the ride.

As far as the Dino’s, I think this recent fix of the ultrasaur was good for now but man do they need to fix that 2nd raptor on the lift hill. He looks like he melted or something.

There's nothing wrong with this ride that an extensive refurbishment couldn't fix.
Should be less of a standard refurb and more of an overhaul like SSE is getting. Replace the ultrasaur and raptors, add the soundtrack with film-accurate sounds, and rearrange some scenes to combine the better aspects of Hollywood’s defunct version with the IOA ride to create the ultimate JP experience

Rode this (JPRA) for the first time last week. Man, it was not good. At all. Legit the most disappointing ride of the entire trip outside of Kraken at SeaWorld. It's so confusing, because you can see the pieces of a good ride here.

Bring on Jurassic World.
Side note: Kraken has a major rattle to it and needs to be retracked or replaced...neither of which are going to happen lol

Side note: Kraken has a major rattle to it and needs to be retracked or replaced...neither of which are going to happen lol
Oh, I know. I slammed my ear into the restraint during the cobra roll (I think) and had to keep checking it to see if it was bleeding. It sure felt like it. Ditched that ride to go ride the vastly superior Mako instead.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. SWO could easily pay for the Hulk treatment if they wanted to, and it seems like the bulk of enthusiasts rank it highly next to other floorless coasters. SWO knows this, and if you follow their social media, every other post seems to be Kraken related. It feels like Kraken is the SW equivalent to POTC, where it’s their big, old-school classic that won’t be going anywhere. It’s rough and in need of some track work, but I think that SWO would fork over the money for track work before breaking apart their infamous B&M trio, especially in the post-Black Fish era where they push their coasters harder than ever

Now that I’ve been on JW, I can compare it to the dozens of rides in JPRA I’ve had...and, yeah they need to upgrade. JW is far from a perfect ride, but it’s AAs put JPRA to shame.

One thing I’d like to see Orlando get is an upgraded Mosasaur. Maybe dangle a shark at the top of the tank and have a AA of just it’s mouth pop up and create the splash? Also, a rumble pad for when it swims under your boat. It’s better than Ultrasaur Lagoon, but still not quite right.

Now that I’ve been on JW, I can compare it to the dozens of rides in JPRA I’ve had...and, yeah they need to upgrade. JW is far from a perfect ride, but it’s AAs put JPRA to shame.

One thing I’d like to see Orlando get is an upgraded Mosasaur. Maybe dangle a shark at the top of the tank and have a AA of just it’s mouth pop up and create the splash? Also, a rumble pad for when it swims under your boat. It’s better than Ultrasaur Lagoon, but still not quite right.
Or they could always just build a new brachiosaurus animatronic to replace shaky the ultrasaur, and then they could build an apatosaurus to put in the dead spot to the right of the boat. Have one of them spray water like the Hollywood ultrasaurs used to, throw in some new music and narration, and you’re all set. They actually could build a preshow with the Mosasaur tank in the queue, as the Orlando queue seems like it has more space than Hollwood’s

Or they could always just build a new brachiosaurus animatronic to replace shaky the ultrasaur, and then they could build an apatosaurus to put in the dead spot to the right of the boat. Have one of them spray water like the Hollywood ultrasaurs used to, throw in some new music and narration, and you’re all set. They actually could build a preshow with the Mosasaur tank in the queue, as the Orlando queue seems like it has more space than Hollwood’s

That’s not a bad idea, but the Mosasaur plays a big part in JW. I can’t imagine it not being a stop on the actual ride.

I do think they could refurb and move the Ultrasaur to a different spot within the ride. No need to totally get rid of it.

That’s not a bad idea, but the Mosasaur plays a big part in JW. I can’t imagine it not being a stop on the actual ride.

I do think they could refurb and move the Ultrasaur to a different spot within the ride. No need to totally get rid of it.
What about where the falling crate is? Since it’s a big carnivore, have it be a part of predator cove, and after you pass the raptor cage, compies, and the I-Rex gates which would have to be reimagined to fit in Orlando, you turn a corner into a tunnel that lasts from the crashed JP25 to the base of the lift. Have alarms blaring and glitched-out narration to explain why the panicking mosasaur attacks the glass. Since the indo head’s pre-lift spot from Hollywood would be blocked by this scene, make the head lunge out and attack guests from the inside of the broken gates to mimic the ‘still in the cage’ scene from JW 1

D3B9B16F-DB19-4E45-9341-4CD5AF5C1380.jpeg
This is my idea for a mosasaur scene while keeping the opening lagoon: The yellow is the crashed gyrosphere/compies, the red is the indo gate that would have the head jumping out at guests, the raptor enclosure remains, and the light blue is the mosasaur scene. There’s more than enough room here. Eliminate the shark feeding aspect, and have the mosasaur in a panic with the alarms going off, making the boat-attack aspect more prominent D3B9B16F-DB19-4E45-9341-4CD5AF5C1380.jpeg