Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 63.5%

• Total voters
With Veloci-Coaster now open ... I would be fine if they tear down the lift hill part of JPRA and make it a Jungle Cruise type ride (with updated / fixed dinosaurs).

Bonus points if each boat had their own river guide.

With Veloci-Coaster now open ... I would be fine if they tear down the lift hill part of JPRA and make it a Jungle Cruise type ride (with updated / fixed dinosaurs).

Bonus points if each boat had their own river guide.
The drop is what the entire ride is leading up to and would be a tragedy if lost

Jungle Cruise is a ride everyone pretends to like, but we all realize it's terrible and waste of space, yet we don't want to hurt its feelings

Last edited:
I'm still for the switch over to JWRA

JP is my favorite film of all time, but gosh JWRA is great
It's tough. I'm in the same boat - JP is my favorite film of all time and JPRA is my favorite ride.

But if I had the choice between the current version of JPRA with no updated animatronics VS JWRA.. I think I'm going JWRA.

Besides the first scene, JWRA beats out JP by a long shot. Don't get why there's so much flack against them doing it.

Besides the first scene, JWRA beats out JP by a long shot. Don't get why there's so much flack against them doing it.

The conversion is probably inevitable if the rights to Park are indeed reverting to Crichton's estate. But gosh the opening is so great. The subtle buildup of herbivores to carnivores...it would be a shame to lose that. So keep first half as is and I'm all for it.

The Mosasaurus scene works great and makes sense in the context of what it's trying to do. I'd be so bold as to say those who complain about it...haven't been on Jurassic World. The Ultrasaur scene is old and busted, and every annual refurb this ride gets does nothing for it. The T-Rex is currently MISSING from the ride. I'm ready for it all to get redone.

Last edited:
The Mosasaurus scene works great and makes sense in the context of what it's trying to do. I'd be so bold as to say those who complain about it...haven't been on Jurassic World. The Ultrasaur scene is old and busted, and every annual refurb this ride gets does nothing for it. The T-Rex is currently MISSING from the ride. I'm ready for it all to get redone.

So we went from jaw not working > jaw working > T-Rex outright missing? That's a real shame.

I'm of two minds on the Mosasaur scene. On the one hand, it was designed to fix major sightline issues that are only present on the USH version - and to that end, it succeeds admirably. It also better foreshadows the park's operational failures/the forthcoming disaster.

However, overall, I prefer USH's ultrasaur sequence... when it worked as intended. The Islands iteration cuts one of the ultrasaurs, and the sole beast's animation cycle starts way too late to be convincing. You aren't honestly losing much by putting in the Mosasaur sequence. (Islands would presumably get to keep its two Hadrosaurs if it made the transition to JW, to boot.)

Is the T-Rex actually missing? I keep hearing so many different things from so many different people.

But yeah - if/when we get JWRA, it doesn't mean it has to be a full carbon copy of the USH version either. We might get the mosasaur, we might keep the Ultrasaur - who knows.

So we went from jaw not working > jaw working > T-Rex outright missing? That's a real shame.

I'm of two minds on the Mosasaur scene. On the one hand, it was designed to fix major sightline issues that are only present on the USH version - and to that end, it succeeds admirably. It also better foreshadows the park's operational failures/the forthcoming disaster.

However, overall, I prefer USH's ultrasaur sequence... when it worked as intended. The Islands iteration cuts one of the ultrasaurs, and the sole beast's animation cycle starts way too late to be convincing. You aren't honestly losing much by putting in the Mosasaur sequence. (Islands would presumably get to keep its two Hadrosaurs if it made the transition to JW, to boot.)

You have a point but the lagoon is beautiful.

I will say I don’t care about the Ultrasaur, but there is something magical about the gates opening (when they work) and William’s score. Truly feels like you’re entering the movie. I don’t know off hand - but does JW have a similar entrance or is it straight into the tank?

I will say I don’t care about the Ultrasaur, but there is something magical about the gates opening (when they work) and William’s score. Truly feels like you’re entering the movie. I don’t know off hand - but does JW have a similar entrance or is it straight into the tank?

I completely agree. The other thing that I thought is that you don't "drop" below the water's surface when you go into the "viewing section" of the mosasaur enclosure. So, that means that the entire JWRA ride is lower than the surface of the lake that the mosasaur lives in until you climb the lift hill. That may seem nitpicky and I'm not one that usually cares about such things but that was one of the first things I thought of when I saw the video on Youtube. I would prefer that they plus the JP ride and maybe create the scene from JW where the guests are going down a river with dinosaurs on each side. They could change up the reason why the boat gets knocked off course. Instead of the animals causing it, park officials changed the course to avoid interactions with the Ultrasaur. However, he some breaks into the building which sets up the showdown with the Rex. The raptors could still be used to sell the story as well.

Is the T-Rex actually missing? I keep hearing so many different things from so many different people.
An escaped T-Rex not being where it should be randomly sounds like good storytelling. It's Universal's Stoffel.

You have a point but the lagoon is beautiful.
You know, forget the AAs if they're that difficult to manage and throw in a bunch more plants.

Take out the big AA and replace it with another waterfall. Maybe then they could put another small herbivore on some rocks or more moving bushes.

I think this is also what I liked about Jaws, that openness while being on a ride that isn't replicated as well on a screen. I don't mind if they change the area around, just losing that reveal doesn't feel worth it for a fake fish tank.

The lift hill going through the tank instead would be a cool effect though if they were to put the screens there.

It's straight to the tank but the vibe is different so you don't really think about it (the gate also consistently works in JWRA). It's really the best use of a screen tunnel I've seen with fun water gags. JWRA as a whole is such an improvement and you won't even feel mad about it if you got exactly what USH has (and this is coming from a huge fan of 90s JP aesthetics).