Future of Star Tours (DHS) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Star Tours (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

So they only announced Ahsoka (and I think that's very purposeful since the show is on right now), but earlier this years they had already announced "new adventures" coming to the ride in 2024. To which I said:
Gotta think we're looking at Mando, Grogu, Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, etc for this update.
I still think we're looking at something around there although you almost definitely have to throw in Thrawn, Ezra, Sabine, and Boba Fett into that mix of candidates as well.

Reactions: tankart150
Given they got Ahsoka out at Disneyland for the premiere it would be cool if they could get this up and running by the finale.

Hopefully they make multiple options for every sequence, since I imagine they’ll lock into this timeline for a while like they did when the sequels came out.

Reactions: tankart150
I’d imagine they’d wanna use this ride system for a cheap overlay to give the resort something to advertise in 2025? I just can’t see it staying as Star Wars for very long

Not gonna lie - the ride tech is dated as hell, but I find Star Tours immensely enjoyable and still far better than Smugglers Run. The new updates to the ride films is great too, I love going and never knowing what I'm going to get.

I hope there are still OT-themed scenes in the randomized rotation.
I'm going on April 6th.

I'll do my best to report back, but going to try to ride it like 4-6 times that day and see what results they have the Hoth segment is one of my favorites

I also hope Andor is the Meteor shower from the "eye" episode

Reactions: belloq87
This is great, but Smuggler's Run could really use the randomization a LOT more.
GE in general...I don't get

I know we got new characters but....like why haven't they made a show for the land...like both were set up with area's for shows and....they just dont use them. But ST in its 10 years seems to get more updates then a land that cost them billions...I don't get it

Reactions: mccgavin
This is great, but Smuggler's Run could really use the randomization a LOT more.

While I do agree, I have a feeling it's a bit easier for them to make new programs for Star Tours for a multitude of reasons. One of them being that ride isn't tied to a particular timeline in the SW universe, as long as they make the ride film fit within the time constraints of the actual ride, they're pretty much good. New film, new motion programming, perhaps some lighting effects in the cabin and you're good.

Meanwhile for Smugglers Run, it's not as straightforward as making a new ride film, they have to essentially program a new game/mission to fit with the gimmick of the ride, and still fit with the story/timeline. Just several reasons why I can't stress enough how much they botched a Millennium Falcon ride.

Another reminder is Disney doesn't have the best of track record when it comes to updating a very interactive ride like this. Remember when they updated Toy Story Mania once with one game and proceeded to never update it again? (And if I recall, they've touted TSM can be changed without significant effort!)

While I do agree, I have a feeling it's a bit easier for them to make new programs for Star Tours for a multitude of reasons. One of them being that ride isn't tied to a particular timeline in the SW universe, as long as they make the ride film fit within the time constraints of the actual ride, they're pretty much good. New film, new motion programming, perhaps some lighting effects in the cabin and you're good.

Meanwhile for Smugglers Run, it's not as straightforward as making a new ride film, they have to essentially program a new game/mission to fit with the gimmick of the ride, and still fit with the story/timeline. Just several reasons why I can't stress enough how much they botched a Millennium Falcon ride.

Another reminder is Disney doesn't have the best of track record when it comes to updating a very interactive ride like this. Remember when they updated Toy Story Mania once with one game and proceeded to never update it again? (And if I recall, they've touted TSM can be changed without significant effort!)
At this point GE is no longer just in the sequels

If we can have characters from only a few years after return of the Jedi they could have updated the ride by now.....and if that was the plan in the first place then no idea why we haven't seen it updated at least once