Future of Star Tours (DHS) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Star Tours (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They really need to expand/move the build-a-lightsaber there. Too often the line will stretch out outside in the sun.

Probably a good guess. Another place that comes to mind that needs to get rid of the movie set theme is Sci-Fi Dine in.

I'd sure hate to lose that. It's my favorite restaurant at DHS.

Reactions: therock
Exactly what is a "streamlined guest experience" supposed to look like? Can we decode that PR-speak?

Hopefully changing the flow so all the ST riders coming down the exit ramp no longer have to squash thru the shoppers and vice-versa.

Has always been a crush in my experience (school holidays)

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hopefully changing the flow so all the ST riders coming down the exit ramp no longer have to squash thru the shoppers and vice-versa.

Has always been a crush in my experience (school holidays)
100% agreed. It's a nightmare trying to get out of that store with everything they have going on in there.

Plus ST itself is a monster when it comes to capacity so people are constantly exiting.

Sorry, I was referring to an outline that you created in some thread and it equaled 10 acres... and now I cannot find your post. Nevermind!

This one?
With the update info, we're talking about almost 10 acres so that's at least 2 spinners and meet and greats.

View attachment 5038

But seriously, this is a lot of room to play with and makes the Grand Avenue development make a lot more sense.

I made a post about what I'd do with the land a few months back. There's definitely enough room for all of this, but it probably won't open in 2021.

Here’s how I would do it:

1. Have the Shanghai Pirates clone replace the Stunt Show and some backstage area.
  2. Demolish Backlot Express and Star Tours (ST is already going to get demolished in the near future, so why not now?).
  3. Put a clone of Big Grizzly Mountain on the cleared space, but change the theme to fit the IP.
  4. Fill in a portion of Echo Lake to put a quick-service restaurant in the land.
  5. Have it open in 2021 to align with the new movie and WDW 50th.

Reactions: Coasted
This, along with the new ending having us land in Black Spire, certainly implies Star Tours isn't going anywhere soon after 2019, no?
I’ve heard it’s staying until at least 2021/22, but this is certainly a large remodel/expense if it was just going to go away so I’m going to guess that they’ve put any Star Tours closure for a new IP on the back burner for the time being.

Besides, the park has more pressing needs.

Reactions: SeventyOne