Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future Slide

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeaWorld trademark filing hints at new attraction

New filling for a ride name: Ray Rush, though it could be for anything, I wonder if this might be for a new Aquatica slide. Before Ihu's opened, Screamscape speculated about a proslide hybrid that would end in a section where you go by stingrays, so maybe we will finally get this.

They have a raft ride called stingray falls in San Antonio. The ride part is a little underwhelming as there's no height requirement- but it's a cool ending.

This is exactly the kind of stuff Seaworld needs to do. Incorporate animals within the rides or queues.

0486266fa5f54bd8963673c3aa8b35fd_stingray460x345.jpg

They have a raft ride called stingray falls in San Antonio. The ride part is a little underwhelming as there's no height requirement- but it's a cool ending.

This is exactly the kind of stuff Seaworld needs to do. Incorporate animals within the rides or queues.

0486266fa5f54bd8963673c3aa8b35fd_stingray460x345.jpg

They have been doing.

They have been doing.
Not nearly consistent enough. The last two rides haven't in Orlando (VR being one of them). Antarctica did. Sound like the raft ride might. That's one every three.

I can count the rides with 3 fingers that incorporate animals in Orlando.
2 in San Antonio.

I think with the inability to sustain their Commerson Dolphins population this may be their way of still having a ride that includes the animals. It may it's replacement in a way.

Would this go in the southern expansion pad? Because they'd have to move the exit road.

As mentioned on the 5 year plan thread, they missed the mark on incorporating real sharks I to Mako. Blown opportunity, period.

I hope to get get in the Commersons before they go away this upcoming spring break.

I've been to Aquatica San Antonio, the Sting Ray Attraction is expertly done. A repeat in Orlando would add more value to Aquatica
920x920.jpg

stingray-experience.jpg

If it's a raft ride I hope it's lengthy...nothing like waiting around for ages for a 15 second slide

Aquatica would be really smart right now to get a hydro magnetic mammoth slide with a continuous circuit like Miss Adventure Falls, that has a ride ending similar to the one in San Antonio.

A high capacity family raft ride, unique to the Orlando market, that has the signature touches of Aquatica. Book it :thumbsup:

Eh, technically Kraken VR did incorporate sea creatures. These kind:

07a9b10612992f8227c57fbf33b5c488.jpg

Yup, was going to post the same response

Sorry, that doesn't count. Should I have said "real animals" when I said "animals"? How about if they put a painting of a monkey in the queue of a ride- does that count? Or make the train of the coaster look like the fins of a shark- that's basically an animal, right?

No. An animal is an animal. Unless we're considering VR goggles authentic animal encounters all of a sudden.

Maybe this new slide you can wear VR goggles and "interact with real life dolphins" while you're sliding. :saywhat:

Aquatica would be really smart right now to get a hydro magnetic mammoth slide with a continuous circuit like Miss Adventure Falls, that has a ride ending similar to the one in San Antonio.

A high capacity family raft ride, unique to the Orlando market, that has the signature touches of Aquatica. Book it :thumbsup:
This PLEASE!!!

New for 2018: Ray Rush
Ray Rush Opening Spring 2018 | Aquatica Orlando
0c21acf39d164c33887b3397082d4e7b_ray-rush_780x439.jpg

"Triple your fun with the three-in-one thrills of Ray Rush, new at Aquatica Orlando. Ray Rush is the fully-loaded water adventure with three ways to slide, splash and soar like never before. First, water jets launch your raft from zero to awesome in just seconds. Your adventure takes a twisting turn as you spin inside a colossal water sphere. Finally, dive into the giant manta wings, swooping up and down a different path each time. Fill your raft with family and friends for three times the thrills on the exciting Ray Rush at Aquatica, SeaWorld’s waterpark."

Aquatica: New Ray Rush water slide coming up - Orlando Sentinel
"Aquatica, SeaWorld Orlando’s water park, is putting in a water slide, expected to be ready for visitors by spring 2018. The new Ray Rush will be a family raft ride on which passengers travel through enclosed tubes and transparent spheres before encountering an open-air half pipe shaped like a manta ray.

“It’s the first time that you’re going to see these elements combined, here in the state of Florida, on any water slide,” said Cathy Valeriano, Aquatica vice president.

Ray Rush will go up on the northern end of the attraction. It will take the place of HooRoo Run, a straight-shot raft ride, which will close permanently Oct. 31. The new ride will take off from the same existing tower as Walhalla Wave, which will shut down temporarily after Oct. 31. It will reopen with the launch of Ray Rush.

The footprint of Ray Rush will be wider than that of HooRoo Run. Construction will cause modifications to the perimeter road, but it won’t affect the attraction’s parking areas, Valeriano said.

Ray Rush also will share a splash-down pool with Walhalla Wave, she said.

“The trajectory in which you’ll come down does expand our bottom pool by 10 feet,” she said.

The ray-shaped section of the ride will be visible from the road that leads to the park’s entrance.

“We’re going to tease you a bit as you come through. You’ll hear the screams, for sure,” Valeriano says.

Ray Rush’s rafts will have a capacity of four people, and riders must be at least 42 inches tall.

“We have a very high demand for family thrill in our park,” Valeriano said. “We are very family-oriented.” She said about 75 percent of Aquatica’s attractions accommodate visitors who are 42 inches tall.

“If you experience that with your child and [are] able to see that expression on their face instead of maybe hearing it from down below … you’re never going to forget, and you’re not going to want to miss that,” Valeriano said.

Ray Rush will be the first new slide at Aquatica since Ihu’s Breakaway Falls, a multiple-lane drop slide, opened in 2014.

Aquatica’s announcement comes on the heels of news that Tampa’s Adventure Island is adding a drop-slide attraction. That water park, the adjacent Busch Gardens theme park and Aquatica are all part of Orlando-based SeaWorld Entertainment Inc.

Starting this weekend, Aquatica annual passholders can receive a one-time Quick Queue ticket allowing them easier access to say goodbye to HooRoo Run and “see you later” to Walhalla Wave."

Status
Not open for further replies.