Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

My past few rides on Jurassic World I've noticed the light blue gate right before you enter the Mosasaurus scene hasn't been working, it just stays open. What's even worse is once the narrator says were "cleared for entry" the sound effects for the gate still play but they're already open. Anyone know what's going on?
I saw that today. It was wide open and you could see part of the Mosasaurus end scene. Also the dilophosaurus next to Blue was down. Probably because it was missing it's head.

If anyone can clear this up I’ve been confused for a while: the indoor area before the drop is, at a storyline basis, an intentional route to show guests predator dinosaurs right? But why would they let them out? I didn’t see any broken bars on the inside area but if they did break out then why is there a fake landscape for them in their? I’m so lost

If anyone can clear this up I’ve been confused for a while: the indoor area before the drop is, at a storyline basis, an intentional route to show guests predator dinosaurs right? But why would they let them out? I didn’t see any broken bars on the inside area but if they did break out then why is there a fake landscape for them in their? I’m so lost
We pass the raptor pen and Indo cage outside. Those escaped, and apparently all wanted to hang out in the T-Rex Kingdom enclosure.

But why does the enclosure have nothing to hold the trex back?
Maybe the I-rex busted something in there?

I think at that point all bets are off. We've seen dilophosaurs spitting at us. Owen is purposefully sending the most skillful dinosaur killer our way, and the monster hybrid is after us... I guess, everything is just wrong at that moment.

The better question is... is the regular non-something goes wrong boat tour supposed to end with a drop? And if not, where is the regular non-something goes wrong boat tour's continued path at that point?

Maybe the I-rex busted something in there?

I think at that point all bets are off. We've seen dilophosaurs spitting at us. Owen is purposefully sending the most skillful dinosaur killer our way, and the monster hybrid is after us... I guess, everything is just wrong at that moment.

The better question is... is the regular non-something goes wrong boat tour supposed to end with a drop? And if not, where is the regular non-something goes wrong boat tour's continued path at that point?
For me, the ride having a drop makes sense as Jurassic World is a theme park itself and would market the T. rex attraction as ending with a trill

Last edited:
Gonna get on the ride again today. Doubt I’ll see anything new but at least I’ll see the current model in person.

Also, someone mistook me for JPland .-.

So I finally got to ride and see the overhaul for myself while at Horror Nights last Friday.
I think a lot of the discussion we've had here around the ride is all fair.

The gate into the Mosasaurus scene was fully open as previously mentioned. Blows my mind they cannot control this and it totally dampers the kickoff to the ride. Give me an arduino board with a few sensors and actuators and a six pack and I'll knock this out.
Mosasaurus scene is cool, but I still would of preferred a revamped lagoon of sorts.

Predator Cove is a waste of space and conflicting to the story. The raptor cage shows broken wire and assumed escaped raptors, but then Chris Pratt says he's sending Blue?? The detail around the Indo Cage is cool but you're just looking around waiting for something to happen around it.
It's a total cop out. The dead flying dinos (from WHERE??) should really just be removed.

New TRex area is a cool update I like the forest look. First IndoHead is still a head on a stick to me, add some smoke or something to make that feel at least a little surprising or dino threatening. Also if this is all now forest, add some foliage to help hide the head to reduce the black void.

Blue AA is cool, but he's just chilling? Talking smack to the Indo?

Holding off full Indo criticism because unfortunately A mode clearly wasn't ready and the stand in AA isn't worth beating any further, bummer I thought I'd get lucky. Getting to see the rock work structuring up close though, I have high hopes for the A mode setup. It may even make me feel better about superman flying TRex.

Overall I like the update and looks promising once its up all up and running. But I think they really missed the mark in some areas which creates more questions for the rider.