General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

We'll have our video posted shortly.

Looks really cooI. Better than expected probably that INDO looks amazing and makes the changes worth it but I'm still iffy on the music before the drop. Idk the intensity of the of USH JP ride with the count down and the "ITS IN THE BUILDING" with the waterfall going and strobe, it cant be matched. More of a classic building to the final note.

Honestly the waterfall loss is still hardest loss to take. Something Orlando wouldn't have to mourn. It was the CLEAR best version of the T-rex at the end out of the 3. If only this ending could still use the waterfall shut off moment.

I'm assuming there will be more smoke/mist blocking the T-rex though than in the povs of day 1.

Edit: Most impressive animatronic on the west coast clearly. Which is going to a be a people pleaser.

Last edited:
I think it'll work well as a distraction before the drop.
Watching the POV for the first time, even after numerous times being on that ride (Orlando's anyway), I got startled at the drop like it was my first ride. I think it works too well. :lol: This is an amazing upgrade!

The new animatronic is stunning, but this ride still bothers me. The additions are definitely a marked improvement, but what's keeping me out of it is the lighting in the show building. It's so hokey and ham-fisted- I can't stand how things slowly illuminate as they want you to see them. Might just be me, but it's nearly immediately immersion-breaking.

What I do LOVE: The raptor holding the sparking wires. Pure b-movie goodness encapsulated in one theme park ride scene.

All of you who are planning on going in the next month or so I recommend hitting JW first. The thumbnail doesn't truly show how long the line is in the video.

Honestly its not bad advice but I will be interested to see what fills up

HP ride should also get a long line I'd think after all this time but we will see this Friday

JW was getting up to 2-hour waits when it first re-opened. I don't doubt it will be the same.

Did Universal end up going with virtual queue for SLOP? That might help determine which you should go first to depending on capacity.

Reactions: JawsVictim
Does anyone know anything about the timing and range of motion on that T-Rex? It seems like on some povs it lunges at guests like it did in the OG after roaring at the indo, and then in others it roars at the indo and quickly pokes back into the dark without lunging at guests. Could this just be the timing of the boat, or are they still messing with the programming? Personally I’d rather have it roar at the indo, distracting it, and then lunge and roar at the guests like the OG

Reactions: JaySalahi
Does anyone know anything about the timing and range of motion on that T-Rex? It seems like on some povs it lunges at guests like it did in the OG after roaring at the indo, and then in others it roars at the indo and quickly pokes back into the dark without lunging at guests. Could this just be the timing of the boat, or are they still messing with the programming? Personally I’d rather have it roar at the indo, distracting it, and then lunge and roar at the guests like the OG
Could there be different modes for each boat that comes through?

Do you have the video for the T-Rex going back in without lunging, I haven't seen that.

Based on what I’ve seen from my rides, there seem to be some different things going on from a timing perspective. I’m sure it will get cleaned up to have a more final look once the parks are in gear but you can get a slightly different show every ride. And slightly is the key word. It’s not like different animations or anything major...just some syncing and timing things

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicia and Tristan
This is insanely impressive, I still wish they did some more to Predator Cove but the Indo animatronics more than make up for that. This needs to come to Orlando ASAP.

Do you have the video for the T-Rex going back in without lunging, I haven't seen that.
It came up on my YouTube recommended from some b-list channel, so I’d have to go back into my watched list to find it, but I’ll describe it to you now: The indo comes out, does its thing, and then the TRex comes out and roars at it, but instead of lunging at guests, it stiffens back up and is pulled back into the dark