Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

I’m not sure if I’ve been having bad luck, but the past few times I went on the attraction, the I-Rex wasn’t walking out of the bushes. He was standing in place, though the rest of his motion profile was working.

Went on this twice yesterday, once first in the morning after opening (and after hitting up SLOP) and again around 6:40ish (got in line a few minutes before closing).

Both times, everyone on the boat with us gasped or cheered when the Indominus walked out. So impressive! I’m already looking forward to how other friends I go with in the future react to seeing it for their first time.

There’s still something missing from Predator Cove; honestly, they could just put a variation of the Dilo in the boat right there in that empty space of water under the Predator Cove wall and it’d help, but ultimately this version of the ride is so close to well-rounded now. I also can’t wait to ride it at night again... that’s always been my favorite way of riding this since the ‘90s.

And to add on to what @indominuseric said, I’ve experienced that bump on the initial lift hill before, too, for years, and it’s always been so random. You could ride ten times and never get it, then get it twice in a row, but it never felt too bad. Yesterday, though, god damn, I had it happen on the first ride in the morning and I swear it felt like all the discs in my spine were shaken loose. My back and neck hurt all day afterwards, along with a massive headache. Pretty crazy (and unfortunate because when we rode it again in the evening, bracing for it to happen... it didn’t even happen.) But anyway...

Went on this twice yesterday, once first in the morning after opening (and after hitting up SLOP) and again around 6:40ish (got in line a few minutes before closing).

Both times, everyone on the boat with us gasped or cheered when the Indominus walked out. So impressive! I’m already looking forward to how other friends I go with in the future react to seeing it for their first time.

There’s still something missing from Predator Cove; honestly, they could just put a variation of the Dilo in the boat right there in that empty space of water under the Predator Cove wall and it’d help, but ultimately this version of the ride is so close to well-rounded now. I also can’t wait to ride it at night again... that’s always been my favorite way of riding this since the ‘90s.

And to add on to what @indominuseric said, I’ve experienced that bump on the initial lift hill before, too, for years, and it’s always been so random. You could ride ten times and never get it, then get it twice in a row, but it never felt too bad. Yesterday, though, god damn, I had it happen on the first ride in the morning and I swear it felt like all the discs in my spine were shaken loose. My back and neck hurt all day afterwards, along with a massive headache. Pretty crazy (and unfortunate because when we rode it again in the evening, bracing for it to happen... it didn’t even happen.) But anyway...
At night at the very lest they could play with Shadows in that area and make you think a Raptor or something is sneaking around the area

I honestly think the end of the ride is so well done it makes the rest of it kinda boring. The screens are fine in the front but nothing that makes me go wow because its Universal and for the past 10 years its all been screens. I really wish the rest of the ride had more wow factors but I doubt it ever will, the line is healthy and people like it so sadly I doubt much more will ever be added to this ride

I'd assume that it is an identical model. There's no reason for them to develop two nearly identical AAs completely independently.

I do wonder if it is, the one at USH definitely has a truck below that drives it forward while it's legs move to simulate it walking towards you, and then it slides it back into first position after the sequence. This one appears to be stationary on a platform, so no forward movement.

I do wonder if it is, the one at USH definitely has a truck below that drives it forward while it's legs move to simulate it walking towards you, and then it slides it back into first position after the sequence. This one appears to be stationary on a platform, so no forward movement.
Pretty sure there's two in beijing, one on a track and one stationary. I think the reason USH took so long is because they were making 3 of them at the same time.

Pretty sure there's two in beijing, one on a track and one stationary. I think the reason USH took so long is because they were making 3 of them at the same time.

Right, so the one pictured is likely the model that is "different", and then the one on a truck for forward movement is the duplicate.

I also noticed yesterday they were only loading one of the two loading platforms. So express and stand-by had to use the same one causing slower waits.
Timed some of the dispatches yesterday and they were averaging 1:02. Usually saw 6-9 people per boat so that means an hourly capacity of 360-540 people:faint:

I also noticed yesterday they were only loading one of the two loading platforms. So express and stand-by had to use the same one causing slower waits.
Timed some of the dispatches yesterday and they were averaging 1:02. Usually saw 6-9 people per boat so that means an hourly capacity of 360-540 people:faint:

Patently insane and unsustainable. Guessing they must be short-staffed, otherwise there is no justification for only using one loading bay.

They’re using both today