General I-Drive Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

General I-Drive Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A bit of an update on Pointe Orlando. PBR Country Bar and Sports & Social will be accompanied by The Houndsman (a British bar), Shark Bar (which sounds like a throwback to the old Pleasure Island Beach Club), and a pizza joint. Supposed to open this Fall, tho they still hadn't really done much the last time I was at the Regal.

A bit of an update on Pointe Orlando. PBR Country Bar and Sports & Social will be accompanied by The Houndsman (a British bar), Shark Bar (which sounds like a throwback to the old Pleasure Island Beach Club), and a pizza joint. Supposed to open this Fall, tho they still hadn't really done much the last time I was at the Regal.

Interesting. I wonder if the Houndsman is just an update to the The Pub: The Pub • Pointe Orlando

It would be a bit much to have two British pubs in the same plaza, especially when there are several others on I-Drive.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Interesting. I wonder if the Houndsman is just an update to the The Pub: The Pub • Pointe Orlando

It would be a bit much to have two British pubs in the same plaza, especially when there are several others on I-Drive.
It's a great question, not sure -- it sort of sounds like these would all be together on the second floor but who knows? Shark Bar renderings look like Lafayette's, and sports bar almost has to be BB King's (which had tiered seating already) so that leaves Adobe and the old Hooters to fill.

Reactions: GAcoaster
Hopefully all of I-Drive (specifically north of Sand Lake) start to receive major changes/facelifts with Epic coming online.

The area between Epic and current UOR is an ugly mess of motels and abandoned buildings.
Between Epic and the "Secret Squirrel" entrance to I-4 Express it's just a matter of time before the area is gentrified. Already high-end apartments going up around Carrier.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Between Epic and the "Secret Squirrel" entrance to I-4 Express it's just a matter of time before the area is gentrified. Already high-end apartments going up around Carrier.
That's my hope, area needs a major facelift. Some of the newer apartments are nice... but the area leaves a lot to be desired.

The Sand Lake/Palm Parkway building spree over the last few years have pretty much filled in any remaining empty plots of land... only way to build anything new close to tourists now is to start replacing older/abandoned lots.

Reactions: SeventyOne