Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General I-Drive Discussion

Aug 15, 2014
--Classified--
Self-explanatory. Not every I-Drive attraction deserve its own thread, and not every construction project has a known purpose when first seen.

Speaking of which, what's that cleared land to the right of the convention center for?

I can see both of these attractions being a huge success with the convention centre across the road and they've lucked out with their close proximity to when Universal starts building next door.

I see a bright future for both companies.

After passing by the one in Vegas, I'm so pumped for this opening in Orlando. I've not played golf in about 20 years but watching the promo videos, it looks like a fun afternoon and reasonably priced too.

Disney is seemingly helping to fund the Lionsgate World project (assuming it still happens) in a round-about way, given it's all done by the same guy. They're putting a giant LED billboard on the Mango's parking garage and will also be opening a WDW Store here.

KYHULGTRYBE3ZEXSLCSHYRTH3I.PNG

Disney is seemingly helping to fund the Lionsgate World project (assuming it still happens) in a round-about way, given it's all done by the same guy. They're putting a giant LED billboard on the Mango's parking garage and will also be opening a WDW Store here.

KYHULGTRYBE3ZEXSLCSHYRTH3I.PNG

Billboard? Not their preferred description I think :lmao:

They're getting more nervous about losing market share. Orlando is slowly going from "Come for Disney and stay for the other parks" to "Usually we only go to Disney, but this year we'll do Universal and spend a day or two at Disney since are kids are older". When Disney starts becoming the add on and they continue to lose market share they realize they need to do more advertising. Especially with Magical Express going away, they can no longer count on that captive audience that can't leave property.

They're getting more nervous about losing market share. Orlando is slowly going from "Come for Disney and stay for the other parks" to "Usually we only go to Disney, but this year we'll do Universal and spend a day or two at Disney since are kids are older". When Disney starts becoming the add on and they continue to lose market share they realize they need to do more advertising. Especially with Magical Express going away, they can no longer count on that captive audience that can't leave property.

Spot on. When Universal opens EU and you’re getting a similar experience as Disney for less money, it’s going to be interesting to see how things play out.

The more people I talk to inside the parks (not from Florida), the more they mention how they've split days between the two resorts now. It's also interesting to note that people aren't necessarily staying longer, just cutting a park or two.