General Reality TV Thread | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

General Reality TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The cast is largely pathetic, with a few exceptional standouts in that cateogry.

No one this season to me is screaming winner. It’s a weird vibe with this cast.

The cast is largely pathetic, with a few exceptional standouts in that cateogry.

No one this season to me is screaming winner. It’s a weird vibe with this cast.
My wife and I were talking about it.
I’m sure the first 2-3 days of the show is mostly the players complaining about how it’s so much harder than they expected and they want to quit. The difference is that it’s never actually resulted in a Day One quit. Because it did, that would naturally be the story of the episode. What made the perception of it WORSE, was Brandon’s absolutely trainwreck performances in both challenges. But, again, if Hannah hadn’t quit (and assuming Emily hadn’t gotten voted out), I feel like the edit would’ve been “Biggest underdog ever makes it through the first Tribal,” instead of “Everyone wants to quit.”

My wife and I were talking about it.
I’m sure the first 2-3 days of the show is mostly the players complaining about how it’s so much harder than they expected and they want to quit. The difference is that it’s never actually resulted in a Day One quit. Because it did, that would naturally be the story of the episode. What made the perception of it WORSE, was Brandon’s absolutely trainwreck performances in both challenges. But, again, if Hannah hadn’t quit (and assuming Emily hadn’t gotten voted out), I feel like the edit would’ve been “Biggest underdog ever makes it through the first Tribal,” instead of “Everyone wants to quit.”
This is a fair take. I just feel the edit overall wasn’t positive for anybody, preseason I didn’t feel like it was a stellar cast and the premiere more than lived up to that billing. I hear your point however.

This is a fair take. I just feel the edit overall wasn’t positive for anybody, preseason I didn’t feel like it was a stellar cast and the premiere more than lived up to that billing. I hear your point however.
The issue with this cast, so far, is that none of them appear immediately entertaining. Carolyn and Yam Yam were a LOT the first few episodes, but were still entertaining in a train wreck sort of way. Midway through the season it became apparent their ridiculousness was genuine and not editing or an affectation, and they became stars. This first episode didn’t have “that.”

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
The issue with this cast, so far, is that none of them appear immediately entertaining. Carolyn and Yam Yam were a LOT the first few episodes, but were still entertaining in a train wreck sort of way. Midway through the season it became apparent their ridiculousness was genuine and not editing or an affectation, and they became stars. This first episode didn’t have “that.”
I’d argue the S43 cast was just okay, but at least Jesse, Cody, Karla, Owen, and James were entertaining, with extremely compelling stories. The rest of the cast was solid with some great stories as well. All engaging.

This cast so far does not seem very made for TV. I also simply do not care for Bruce. He seems super nice but is very boring tv. Not really sure why he is back.

Quick comment on Big Brother Reindeer Games: It's actually very fun and the competitions are actually fair to everyone. Please make the competitions more even like this during regular seasons!

Also, Traitors Season 2 trailer is out! It's all reality stars/celebrities this time though... I really liked that there was people that actually needed the money last time. Made Cirie's decision to take the money at the end even more intense imo. Cast is filled with legends though. Dan Gheesling, Janelle, CT, Parvati, Sandra Driaz-Twine, Johnny Bananas, etc. Also Michael Jordan's son Marcus is on, Deontay Wilder, a bunch of Real Housewives, and another Bachelor (Peter).