Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (HHN 2024) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (HHN 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope so

I would love this house to be 30 mins....but we all know it will be 90-2 hours....so unless its under 60 mins its all talk

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Seriously, the first one is bad and now they’re gonna make a maze based on the worst GB movie? Yes, that’s including the 2016 one. My group and I literally walked out. The movie wasn’t popular or liked, so what gives? What’s the play here? Did they make the deal before the release? Are they just that tone deaf with HHN’s audience? Or is this based on scores for the previous maze they thought we’d want this? Did people even like the last maze? I am so baffled by this pick.

This is one I was praying would be the one wrong on the spec list. With this AND Weeknd coming, that’s two of my least favorite mazes in the last 10 years returning getting a sequel. This year feels tailored made to be the opposite of anything I want lol but oh well.

The frozen environments may be able to get the edge up design-wise compared to the first house. That’s the only positive I can think of so far.
Agreed on all counts, except The Weeknd, which I liked but don’t want a sequel to lol. That being said, I think this only adds to my biggest issue with the event in recent years, which is the babyfication of it. Nothing about this property to me is scary or belongs at the event. Shame, but at least I have a house I could skip.

• Love
Reactions: DTH and TableYe
The sequence in the movie where there are all of the various ghosts in containment could be cool in a haunt, and the ghost that pops into objects and possesses them could give them a chance for some major creativity if they have gnarly statutes and stuff that come alive. I'd even say that both the big bad Garraka and the ghost played by Emily Alyn Lind could look cool in haunt form. I can't say I'm all that excited by this one, but I think it could exceed expectations.

Reactions: Clive
Exorcist: Believer was a solid house on both coasts. Frozen Empire arguably has better environments and character variety. Sounds good to me!
I agree with you on the house. To clarify, I said oh boy cause it sounds like Frozen Empire was a disappointing film as well.

Won’t hurt the event much if at all, but if I were a Uni exec concerned with HHN merch sales, I’d be pretty worried right now.

FE was the worst thing a film or HHN maze topic can be - bland. There have been worse overall movies represented at HHN, but perhaps only Dracula Untold matches it for blandness.

Won’t hurt the event much if at all, but if I were a Uni exec concerned with HHN merch sales, I’d be pretty worried right now.

FE was the worst thing a film or HHN maze topic can be - bland. There have been worse overall movies represented at HHN, but perhaps only Dracula Untold matches it for blandness.

I think your taking it a bit extreme (also from the convos, it kind of seems like they have made a backdoor in this house to allow other elements of the franchise to be present).

There might be more to the surface than you may be thinking here.