Goblin’s Feast (HHN 33) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Goblin’s Feast (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Based on what's been discussed in the Discord, and just a gut feeling, I think this could wind up being a lot darker and less-for-laughs than a lot of people are thinking it'll be.

We've had, what, two zones and two houses featuring goblin-esque creatures (plus Fallen, Tooth Fairy and Dusk Til Dawn even if they were technically demons, fairies and vampires), and they've always played them straight.

Yeah I agree, its as if they are bringing The Hallow, Wicked Growth together and making this idea but I do hope the quality level in design shows the similar scenery to those as well as those mentioned by GA-MBIT.

Reactions: JunoSynth
This is really giving Dungeons and Dragons... but don't tell Hasbro, or else they'll do to this what they did to Ouija...
Ha ha, yeah, they had their own legal entanglements with the Tolkien estate back in the 70s (there's a reason hobbits are called "halflings"). They barely kept the right to use "orc" in the game. I think they'd sit this one out.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Can’t help but feel like they turned the LP of Kate Bush Hounds of Love over after stranger things last year. Not complaining. Bloody awesome album and very fitting for fantasy tavern! All for this

Reactions: Ahmanet
Wondering if we will walk right into a castle / tavern facade ... or be kidnapped travelers early in the house ?

This is #1 on my hype list, I just hope it lives up to it or at least doesn’t let me down to much. Think it can be very cool but needs to be done in only one way. If they try to play it straight but also lean into some comedy, I can see this being a let down.

Would having actors playing captured humans make it unintentionally funny?

Seems all the Non Believers at the moon festival last year were dummies.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think there's room in a Horror Nights house for both, but it's certainly a mistake to primarily lean on protagonists when the majority of your guests have signed up to get scared by monsters.
some scenes definitely require a victim on it, and its usually accompanied by a monster actor, but im ok with victims being dummies

Reactions: theuberguberman
some scenes definitely require a victim on it, and its usually accompanied by a monster actor, but im ok with victims being dummies
Yeah, I tend to agree. I think victims can be great dummies (distractions) to create a misdirection scare. I also think some houses benefit from protagonists to create a vibe, whether that be dread or something else. As a storytelling bit, I think it can work great. But it's incredibly hard to pull off a scare as a victim character.

Yeah, I tend to agree. I think victims can be great dummies (distractions) to create a misdirection scare. I also think some houses benefit from protagonists to create a vibe, whether that be dread or something else. As a storytelling bit, I think it can work great. But it's incredibly hard to pull off a scare as a victim character.
i guess for me it depends on how many creatures it has, if theres a lot of monsters then victims are good