Goblin’s Feast (HHN 33) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Goblin’s Feast (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So now that cards are on the table -- any word on why this was going to be black and white? Old-school D&D Monster Manual vibe? Fairy tale wood prints? Or just differentiate it from Dragons last year?

Well, if it's closer to Dragons than WG - I would have to move it down my anticipated list. Dragons looked great but I didn't find it scary.

Same here, it was at #3 for me, now probably down to #9. Speaking of which, isn't it about time to start up the Hype List thread since we have everything semi announced? :)

My hopes are that this is the balls to the wall gore house and the podcast was just a rope-a-dope to fool everybody...and it was just a marketing ploy where there will be some dumb little cute goblin that they hope goes viral like Little Boo so they can make a killing off merch sales.

Same here, it was at #3 for me, now probably down to #9. Speaking of which, isn't it about time to start up the Hype List thread since we have everything semi announced? :)

My hopes are that this is the balls to the wall gore house and the podcast was just a rope-a-dope to fool everybody...and it was just a marketing ploy where there will be some dumb little cute goblin that they hope goes viral like Little Boo so they can make a killing off merch sales.
We will when the final drop officially hits. Just a matter of tradition. Haha.

So now that cards are on the table -- any word on why this was going to be black and white?

If I recall, when it came to info coming out of Sprung 2, it was relating to something possibly in Black and White. So folks were assuming whatever is inside Sprung 2 is a Black and White house, and for what it's worth, the rumor was for a completely different theme, creatures etc. It wasn't hinting at anything Goblin's or fantasy/medieval.

As it turned out, Slaughter Sinema 2 is in Sprung 2, so there's a chance the info they were gleaning was from one of the movies for that house.

I initially thought this would be a scary house, but this feels like Dueling Dragons and very whimsical.

What’s wrong with fantastical Goblins?

I understand why a fantastical approach might disappoint folks who prioritize scares, but as a scenery, humor, and atmosphere guy I’m into it. Fans of the more conventionally scary houses get all the soundstages besides GB, after all.

I guess I'm the only one that lives this idea. I will gladly accept a fantastical house if it's awesome. I'm actually excited about it now