Great Movie Ride Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Great Movie Ride Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you prefer?

• Total voters
You can also talk to the CM and if your nice wait for the one you want to see. (if they are running it at all at that point)

I could have sworn when I rode this as a little kid, we had the wicked witch take over our car once. Maybe I am just crazy.

Rode for the first time roughly a week ago after being strong armed by coworkers. One of the worst experiences ever. I mostly blame that on the AWFUL CM they had as the gangster, though.

I wouldn't mind it if they delivered consistent results by updating it without spieling CMs. I'd take narration and new formatting.

After all, Living with the Land got so much better when it went to recordings.

Rode for the first time roughly a week ago after being strong armed by coworkers. One of the worst experiences ever. I mostly blame that on the AWFUL CM they had as the gangster, though.

I wouldn't mind it if they delivered consistent results by updating it without spieling CMs. I'd take narration and new formatting.

After all, Living with the Land got so much better when it went to recordings.

Perhaps even better would be if they had more of an auditioned role for the attraction and paid the cast slightly better as actors. With so many unions and the cost that would not be likely. But just paying a tad more and auditioning would probably do wonders.

To counter balance the cost of that and a good refurbishment they could not run as many vehicles. I would always gladly wait a few more minutes for a really good ride than walk on a lackluster one.

Yeah, I don't think I could forgive them for taking away the actual CMs from this ride. I think that has been a major contributing factor to the downfall of the Studio Tour.

Unless they plan on completely reinventing the ride, removing the CMs is a terrible idea. If they were going to rework the attraction into a omnimover-type thing (which could allow for more show scenes), then I could understand and tolerate the removing of spielers.

Looks like we're finally getting the updates we've been waiting for! Disney announced that they'll be teaming up with Turner Classic Movies to re-vamp the Great Movie Ride. And so the DHS remodel begins!

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/2...er-to-promote-shows-and-a-ride.html?referrer=

This is exciting stuff. I can't think of a better company to pair with for this ride than TCM. It'll get the update it needs and still retain the spirit of the original ride. Total win-win.

Here's the official press release:

https://pressroom.turner.com/us/tcm/tcm-disney-team-share-stories#.VHYGu4vF_u0

Sounds like it's just changing the pre/post shows

Better than nothing--I like the ride as it is now, so I'm ok with them leaving the scenes and layout as is so long as they go through and spruce things up while they're at it.

Even if the remodel itself isn't big, the implications are. On paper there was no need to re-do the Great Movie Ride...this could be the first official step toward revitalizing the whole park

That's cool and atleast they got a sponsor that makes sense. Not sure if I like the idea of changing the trailers in the pre show but I guess we will see. I do believe some movies need to be taken out of the actual ride but hey, this is a great way to start of a park retheme, much needed

That's cool and atleast they got a sponsor that makes sense. Not sure if I like the idea of changing the trailers in the pre show but I guess we will see. I do believe some movies need to be taken out of the actual ride but hey, this is a great way to start of a park retheme, much needed
Hopefully down the road we will see the actual ride get at least a bit of a refresh (and by refresh I mean maybe replacing older animatronics, fixing broken effects, painting, etc). I can understand it not happening now though, as the park will be stretch so thin on capacity in the spring. It won't be able to afford losing GMR's capacity for awhile.

It also needs a new script desperately, so cringe worthy especially with a really bad gangster. But I definitely agree NBT, should be a quick fix until later when we truly need it

Hopefully the spiel will get a rewrite too!

"Whatever you say, Mugsy."

"Wait, how do you know my name?"

"I saw your film on Turner Classic Movies!" [Wink at car]

As stilted and out-of-date as the script is, I don't think rewriting it is going to help this attraction out any.

Am I the only one who thinks the script is a perfect companion for the ride in it's current state?
Nope, i've never had much of a problem with the ride as is, other than that the animatronics need to be updated to current standards and that the Tarzan scene should be replaced.

But overall I enjoy the ride.

Please get rid of the gangster actors along with the entire dialogue that comes with them. No offense to anybody who works there but some of you have completely ruined the experience for me from just being incredibly obnoxious, the cowboys are where it's at, especially with that awesome fire effect