Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They honestly need little tv's with footage of a car spinning, something which Universal has done quite well for indoor attractions which you wouldn't be able to tell what's going on inside. (Revenge of the Mummy with it's neat lit up vehicle footage to show it's a coaster, Escape from Gringotts to show the cars will spin, Forbidden Journey to show you're gonna' be moved around like you do.)
Knowing Imagineering, there was one guy who asked for it, and another who said it would break the immersion to show footage of something that had yet to happen.

Back to GOTG: CR specifically, the ride is running extremely efficiently and seemingly has a rather high capacity, especially for a recent Disney ride.

It has a theoretical capacity of 2500 riders per hour, and even if it is only hitting 80% of that number, then it is still putting through 2000 an hour.

Due to this, I REALLY wish that they would just open this ride up to stand-by because imo there’s no reason it needs to be using a virtual queue. My hope is that they drop VQ from CR as soon as TRON opens, which could be as soon as October.

I’m going to Orlando next week, if this Was a stand by I would’ve gotten a ticket to go for a day and gotten 3 rides on this. However since I’m limited to one ride, 2 if I want to buy LL I can’t justify the price considering I have no interest on going on any other ride in EPCOT as I was just there in December. I also looked at doing a park hopper and also going to DHS, but again I can’t park hop until 2 and I’d be wanting to leave Epcot at 11. So instead I’m going to spend a day at Seaworld for the first time.

EDIT: Thinking about it more I actually see this ride turning out like VC or Everest where the wait time maxes at 60 minutes, which would be a major win for the park.

They honestly need little tv's with footage of a car spinning, something which Universal has done quite well for indoor attractions which you wouldn't be able to tell what's going on inside. (Revenge of the Mummy with it's neat lit up vehicle footage to show it's a coaster, Escape from Gringotts to show the cars will spin, Forbidden Journey to show you're gonna' be moved around like you do.)

Right after the teleport, in that L-shaped hallway, have a giant screen at the end showing spinning vehicles. Text succinctly explaining the ride and saying it's a roller coaster. Then have the same video playing overhead in the hallway up to the bridge that leads to load. If Disney's feeling frisky they could even get Terry Crews to do a little ADR for it.

Reactions: Tobias
If they feeling REALLY frisky, since the only way to get on this ride is via the app, make em sign a “waiver” or something letting guests know the ride spins, but then that feature may cost a few million to implement.

That Disney thinks they need these every ten feet tells me there have been significant issues.
And they aren't the push cans, they're the open top cans, meaning they are expecting the main use of those cans to be for people who need to barf.

I still don’t understand how Mission Breakout has a really cool sign out front, and yet this has none whatsoever.

I’m over this no ride name sign thing lately.
They can't play the "it's like old Epcot" card...cause old Epcot had some pretty cool ride signage that was reflective (no pun intended in regards to the Energy pavilion) of the vibe of the pavilion

You guys, you guys... there's no ride in that building! That's the Wonders of Xandar Pavilion. The pavillion is about the Xandarians teaching us stupid Epcot-Terrans about the history of Xandar. We only get sucked into an *experience* when the Guardians ask for our help!

You guys, you guys... there's no ride in that building! That's the Wonders of Xandar Pavilion. The pavillion is about the Xandarians teaching us stupid Epcot-Terrans about the history of Xandar. We only get sucked into an *experience* when the Guardians ask for our help!
Xandar is Epcot-adjacent

Just like Mission Breakout has a sign for the Tivan Collection that Guardians if the Galaxy Mission Breakout overlaps in a cool lighting effect, this should have been a Wonders of Xandar sign that has the Guardians and Cosmic Rewind fade in over top.

It was right there, and they missed the opportunity.

Just like Mission Breakout has a sign for the Tivan Collection that Guardians if the Galaxy Mission Breakout overlaps in a cool lighting effect, this should have been a Wonders of Xandar sign that has the Guardians and Cosmic Rewind fade in over top.

It was right there, and they missed the opportunity.

I was going to suggest something along the lines of the Hollywood Tower Hotel sign transformation.

And they aren't the push cans, they're the open top cans, meaning they are expecting the main use of those cans to be for people who need to barf.
Interesting trade off between the open-top barf cans and the push cans that all (or most) have a container barf sawdust stashed in the bottom.

Reactions: Nick