Guests Can Only Ride Toy Story Mania Via FastPass+ | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Guests Can Only Ride Toy Story Mania Via FastPass+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's a little insight on the test (From Lee over on WDWM):

If no one has said it yet...this is a test. The whole TSMM thing is a test. The idea is to see how it works as FP+ only, with a third track for Standby only, and with one FP+ and two Standby.
The results of these tests will determine how they move forward with other rides, specifically Soarin'. That third theater is directly related to the third Toy Story track. Proof of concept sort of thing.

So the world isn't falling down, TSMM isn't going FP+ only, etc, etc. It's just a test for the third track, as a matter of fact, the third track is a test for Soarin's potential third theater (which most thought was a sure thing).

Why do they need tests for this? The capacity for these are horrible. Increasing capacity can only be a good thing.

Why do they need tests for this? The capacity for these are horrible. Increasing capacity can only be a good thing.
Testing to see how FP+ only sides work as far as capacity (how many people DON'T show up), which if it shows too many people aren't showing up, they may determine they need to mix some of the stand-by guests in with the FP+ track(s).

It's really just all about how the tracks are going to be broken down from what i've gathered. It could be 2 FP+, 1 stand-by, 1 FP+, 2 Stand-by or there could be a mix. That's what this test is aiming to figure out.

Testing to see how FP+ only sides work as far as capacity (how many people DON'T show up), which if it shows too many people aren't showing up, they may determine they need to mix some of the stand-by guests in with the FP+ track(s).

It's really just all about how the tracks are going to be broken down from what i've gathered. It could be 2 FP+, 1 stand-by, 1 FP+, 2 Stand-by or there could be a mix. That's what this test is aiming to figure out.

Yep, it is a valid test and it was the first thing I said when this article came out about it being FP+ only for a period of time. They need to see if the logistics of a FP+ only line will work. Because like you said, what if people aren't showing up at their time and the line is empty at some point or they hand too many passes out and the line is 30 minutes long. They have to figure this out before the build out so that they know how they need to build the different lines.

Yep, it is a valid test and it was the first thing I said when this article came out about it being FP+ only for a period of time. They need to see if the logistics of a FP+ only line will work. Because like you said, what if people aren't showing up at their time and the line is empty at some point or they hand too many passes out and the line is 30 minutes long. They have to figure this out before the build out so that they know how they need to build the different lines.
I've suggested it be a viable option to reintroduce single rider to the ride to help fill any empty spots on the FP+ side. Or maybe a single rider that is in the middle and can split to either the FP+ or stand-by side, depending on need. I honestly think that's the best way to do it, but I know it isn't likely.

Also, seeing how many aren't showing up for FP+ is important because if data shows that for the FP+ only test 15% didn't show up, then they now will have solid data on how much they can overbook FP+ to ensure maximum capacity.

How long before this major managing means they do not let you just show up and buy a ticket to get in park.

You spend 100+ dollars a ticket and get in park only to be told you can't wait for a ride because you need a FP+ time to return.
How long before you Hear in the park "I have to go to the bathroom" from a child only to have to tell them we have to get a time to use restroom.
(that is sarcasm) But the point is Disney is killing spontaneity so they can get more people in.
You will not be able to say "I liked that ride I think I will ride it again" not without getting a time to return .

Here's a little insight on the test (From Lee over on WDWM):

So the world isn't falling down, TSMM isn't going FP+ only, etc, etc. It's just a test for the third track, as a matter of fact, the third track is a test for Soarin's potential third theater (which most thought was a sure thing).

Did anyone actually think this want a test? It was reported as a test.

How long before this major managing means they do not let you just show up and buy a ticket to get in park.

You spend 100+ dollars a ticket and get in park only to be told you can't wait for a ride because you need a FP+ time to return.
How long before you Hear in the park "I have to go to the bathroom" from a child only to have to tell them we have to get a time to use restroom.
(that is sarcasm) But the point is Disney is killing spontaneity so they can get more people in.
You will not be able to say "I liked that ride I think I will ride it again" not without getting a time to return .

Seriously, it is a test in the off season to see how they are going to expand the toy story ride and potentially Soarin. Not like Disney is looking to do this full time on any ride. Even they are not that dumb. I doubt anyone had issues getting fast passes for the ride since the parks are pretty dead this time of year.

I think they should make this wonderful screen based ride a hard ticket event only ride. You can ride it but you need to pay an additional magical 99 bucks, oh and you get a fat cupcake with Mr Potato on it, it'll sell like crazy.
For an additional 500 you get a Wii and the game so you only need to buy cupcakes to take the "magic" home.

You'd be surprised...

Interesting. What I saw was people not liking the test and what implications it could have down the line, but never "OH GOD WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO THE RIDE FOREVER". Only people I feel who have a legitimate gripe right now are those on vacation there.

Interesting. What I saw was people not liking the test and what implications it could have down the line, but never "OH GOD WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO THE RIDE FOREVER". Only people I feel who have a legitimate gripe right now are those on vacation there.

Agreed. No one else other than people at DHS during the test have a right to complain and probably the majority of those already got FP+ or will get it once they get to the park. So I am thinking being off season that not many people will be complaining. But people are complaining because they think this is a not a good move or it is going to cause bad things. But really I see this test as a good thing.

As theme park fans we have every right to criticize management decisions especially when they could lead to us being affected in the future. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and should be respected. If you don't see what all these tests are gonna lead to then your blind to what's going on. I'm hearing Be Our Guest restaurant is the next on the block to go through this sort of "test".

As theme park fans we have every right to criticize management decisions especially when they could lead to us being affected in the future. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and should be respected. If you don't see what all these tests are gonna lead to then your blind to what's going on. I'm hearing Be Our Guest restaurant is the next on the block to go through this sort of "test".

I respect your opinion and you have the right to them, I just don't think freaking out is needed. Many insiders have stated what this test is all about and not one insider has said that this is going to start to trend to a permanent thing on rides. BOG is a different beast. It is a place to eat which reservations are something people are used to with eating at Disney places.

The timing of the test falls in line with the construction timelines for the third track. If this was out of the blue and a third track was not being talked about, sure then I could see panic, but I don't see a need to panic when the test is to figure out if they need to ever have the standby line go into the FP+ line. You have to remember every ride out there today (Uni & Disney) the FP/Express people eventually merge, but if they do this a certain way, the lines will never merge. They need to see if a ride can handle this type of logistics before they go building it.

We should be worried about what WDW tests as it could lead to implementation on a larger level in the future.

We should be worried about what WDW tests as it could lead to implementation on a larger level in the future.

...if they're satisfactory. If the tests dont go well, they won't implement these sorts of things. Thats why its considered a "test" and not a "round 1 of FP+ exclusive rides". The whole point is to gather feedback and decide what the best course of action is from there. If this system sucks, nothing to worry about. If large-scale implementation of this policy does happen, then its because it strikes well with guests. There's really nothing complicated or worrisome about this lol.