Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the ride vehicle will be, but I know Hagrid will have an important role in this ride. Lots of outdoor coaster parts, some indoor scenes and creature AA's.

We already know from @Disneyhead on that Gwamp seems to be one of the creature AA's to be seen, but I am curious to know how big Hagrid's role will be. Nevertheless, I am glad to see him in the spotlight, as I do love his personality in the films.

Reactions: snayberry
I'm guessing Hagrid will be the "host" for this attraction. He's taking us into the forest for some sort of Care of Magical Creatures Tour on a flying motorbike/Ford Angelia/whatever else they want.

Outdoor sections for this coaster are surprising for me. I was assuming it'd be entirely indoors to prevent having another IOA attraction that has to close in bad weather. Would the outdoor sections be seen from Hogsmeade or would they be elsewhere?

I'm guessing Hagrid will be the "host" for this attraction. He's taking us into the forest for some sort of Care of Magical Creatures Tour on a flying motorbike/Ford Angelia/whatever else they want.

Outdoor sections for this coaster are surprising for me. I was assuming it'd be entirely indoors to prevent having another IOA attraction that has to close in bad weather. Would the outdoor sections be seen from Hogsmeade or would they be elsewhere?
Not to mention Robbie still seems willing to play the role so they can film new scenes.
I agree with the outdoor portion, why would they do that???

Going to give a blind question; what stops them from doing a completely shaded area for the Forbidden Forest, similar to how Osaka and Singapore have the canopies (or for better example, how Shanghai has an overhang for Tron)?
My question would be why would they do that? Money?

Going to give a blind question; what stops them from doing a completely shaded area for the Forbidden Forest, similar to how Osaka and Singapore have the canopies (or for better example, how Shanghai has an overhang for Tron)?
At that point... just have it inside. Unless they really want "natural" scenery from outside.

Reactions: Mike S
Surprised to hear that there might still be a good chunk of the ride taking place outside. I was under the impression Universal wanted more rides in IOA that can operate at all times regardless of the weather.

Yea, I was surprised when we were told it'd still go outside. I'm all for it, but I was shocked.

That's why this will take less time to build, btw. The scenes that are there will be great, but this is still going to be a coaster. It will be more Big Thunder Mountain* than Gringotts

*Not in terms of thrill, IDK how thrilling it will be, just in terms of what people should be expecting from its coaster-to-scene ratio

Yea, I was surprised when we were told it'd still go outside. I'm all for it, but I was shocked.

That's why this will take less time to build, btw. The scenes that are there will be great, but this is still going to be a coaster. It will be more Big Thunder Mountain* than Gringotts

*Not in terms of thrill, IDK how thrilling it will be, just in terms of what people should be expecting from its coaster-to-scene ratio
I’m actually more than fine with that.

I’m actually more than fine with that.

I'm interested in the little I've heard. I think it'll be an upgrade to what was there, and I know the theming is allegedly ambitious, but I think some people might be over hyping what this is in their own head.

EDIT: Let me rephrase my other post, this will be more Mummy than Gringotts, though I think this one will fulfill its ambitions where Mummy came up on the short end.

I'm interested in the little I've heard. I think it'll be an upgrade to what was there, and I know the theming is allegedly ambitious, but I think some people might be over hyping what this is in their own head.
Maybe we're over hyping it in our heads, but that might be because of Universal's own descriptions in their announcement: Universal Orlando Close Up | New Generation of Thrill Ride Coming to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade - Close Up

"The new attraction will be one of the most highly-themed coaster experiences we’ve created."​

(Emphasis theirs, not mine.)

Inside/outside/whatever, I'm expecting a lot more than the flats of Revenge of the Mummy's third act on this one. And just like you said, maybe finally fulfill the full potential of what the Mummy could've been as far as a fully-themed coaster.

Reactions: Joel
Maybe we're over hyping it in our heads, but that might be because of Universal's own descriptions in their announcement: Universal Orlando Close Up | New Generation of Thrill Ride Coming to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade - Close Up

"The new attraction will be one of the most highly-themed coaster experiences we’ve created."​

Inside/outside/whatever, I'm expecting a lot more than the flats of Revenge of the Mummy's third act on this one. And just like you said, maybe finally fulfill the full potential of what the Mummy could've been as far as a fully-themed coaster.

I mean, that description is apt. I just think some people are expecting this to be more of a dark ride experience than it'll probably end up being. My Mummy comparison was not in relation to theming level, just that people should be expecting this to be a coaster before a dark ride.

I mean, that description is apt. I just think some people are expecting this to be more of a dark ride experience than it'll probably end up being. My Mummy comparison was not in relation to theming level, just that people should be expecting this to be a coaster before a dark ride.
I would like more coaster than ride personally, so this pleases me. :)

Reactions: anihilnation

"one of" is a vague term.

Technically HRRR is one of the most highly-themed coaster experiences they've created.

Reactions: Andysol
They could show a lifesize animated shot of the car pulling up and the screen would end at a post. The ride vehicle could then appear at the same time on the other side of the post and would look as if it were extending as the car in the screen slowly disappeared.

You could have a standard size car in the station and then have a puff of smoke as the standard car hides from view as the real train rolls into the station.

Status
Not open for further replies.