Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hall of Presidents quietly reopened today. The thread is open for responses, but will closes quickly if things stray into political territory. Keep it on the attraction.

Trump actually looks almost like himself this time:

Hall of Presidents quietly reopened today. The thread is open for responses, but will closes quickly if things stray into political territory. Keep it on the attraction.

Trump actually looks almost like himself this time:

Glad I can go see this again. Did they do a whole new Trump AA, or just a reskin?

Glad I can go see this again. Did they do a whole new Trump AA, or just a reskin?
I believe they normally reskin the animatronic that has the fluid movement. So for example, just over the last few years, that would mean Obama --> Trump --> Biden, all being the same animatronic, just with a different outer skin.

The outgoing president I believe gets a new body with limited movement, meaning they have to create a new facial sculpt, so they were able to sort of fix up Trump a bit in that process from what he looked like before.

I believe they normally reskin the animatronic that has the fluid movement. So for example, just over the last few years, that would mean Obama --> Trump --> Biden, all being the same animatronic, just with a different outer skin.

The outgoing president I believe gets a new body with limited movement, meaning they have to sculpt a new facial skin, so they were able to sort of fix up Trump a bit in that process from what he looked like before.
How does this square with the rumor that Trump's misshapen face was a result of them expecting an HRC win? Or was that nonsense?

How does this square with the rumor that Trump's misshapen face was a result of them expecting an HRC win? Or was that nonsense?
They start creating a sculpt of both nominees before the election even happens I believe, so I think that that was just complete misinformation.

I think having the new/sitting President say the oath of office instead of a full speech is a good compromise of highlighting the current occupant without spending too much time on it. Let's keep that going forward.

Also glad to see the rest of the show is mostly unchanged, because that iteration is probably the best it's ever been.

This is the quietest I’ve ever seen Disney do anything. There’s big announcements for new cupcakes! And yet HoP opens with a new AA and it’s crickets.

As part of Disney’s rumored set of alterations they’re making to the older rides, I hope HoP goes. I don’t really want to think about anything remotely political when I’m on vacation.

Especially when I know there are some crazy people out there who are going to do dumb things in the show and in the parks in order to become a viral YouTube star

This is the quietest I’ve ever seen Disney do anything. There’s big announcements for new cupcakes! And yet HoP opens with a new AA and it’s crickets.

As part of Disney’s rumored set of alterations they’re making to the older rides, I hope HoP goes. I don’t really want to think about anything remotely political when I’m on vacation.

Especially when I know there are some crazy people out there who are going to do dumb things in the show and in the parks in order to become a viral YouTube star
Hall of Presidents was literally just altered. Like, reopened today. They had a chance to get rid of it or turn it into The Muppets or whatever, but they stayed course.

I completely disagree - I find it’s one of the few patriotic displays that still can bring a tear to my eye and make me proud of this country. It’s a political piece that can play to anyone and everyone, save for the few jerks who blow it by being loud and annoying when the presidents are announced.

I think by Disney shortening the current president’s speech, they nailed how to handle this moving forward.

Last edited:
I think Disney shortening the current president’s speech, they nailed how to handle this moving forward.
Yeah, by cutting the speech it cuts a minute of generic Presidential speak out of the equation and then there's nothing to be controversial about because all they are reciting is the Oath of Office. They went from a 90 second speaking part with Obama and Trump to exactly 20 seconds with Biden by only doing the Oath of Office.

Trump looks a lot better with that new facial sculpt. Agree that cutting the platitude-heavy speech was the right call - the Oath of Office is more than sufficient.

In case you guys don't remember how bad they screwed up the Trump AA the first time:
donald-trump-robot_via_wdwmagic_com.jpg

New sculpt:
E74-DO3WUAMuU1a

Status
Not open for further replies.