Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 Auditions

Sorry for double posting does anybody have any idea when fitting and rehearsals are to take place? I had vacation lined up for Aug 29th - Sept 3 or should I just cancel my vacation plans?
Could I call HR and get an estimate on this?

Sorry for double posting does anybody have any idea when fitting and rehearsals are to take place? I had vacation lined up for Aug 29th - Sept 3 or should I just cancel my vacation plans?
Could I call HR and get an estimate on this?

Could be hit or miss. Each location usually has one rehearsal that lasts an entire evening, but it doesn't usually start until after Scare Academy (last weekend in August, typically). What did you mark on your sheet?

Anyone who auditioned on the 27th hear anything back yet? I got the golden ticket but no one I know from the audition has heard anything yet. It’s only been 2 weeks now but I’m hoping to not have a repeat of last year where I got my ticket and never received a casting email. Anyone know anything?

Anyone who auditioned on the 27th hear anything back yet? I got the golden ticket but no one I know from the audition has heard anything yet. It’s only been 2 weeks now but I’m hoping to not have a repeat of last year where I got my ticket and never received a casting email. Anyone know anything?

I'm told a few from that group have heard but they're still casting a few things. I wouldn't give it up yet.

So I got cast and did my costume fitting everything was fine until I started thinking that my costume might be uncomfortable for me for long periods of time compared to a regular costume. Is there any way I can tell anyone during orientation or scare academy about this issue?

Anyone else have Orientation today?
I got my role today. I'm a blackout performer. I'm hoping that I'm not just pushing a cart all day or something as I also didn't have a fitting. What all entails as a blackout role? I wanted to be able to really get out there and scare people.
But my mind comes back to the clowns in the mirror from Clowns 3D so maybe not? Is that considered blackout ?
Without leaking anything, I am a 6'1 African American male.

Anyone else have Orientation today?
I got my role today. I'm a blackout performer. I'm hoping that I'm not just pushing a cart all day or something as I also didn't have a fitting. What all entails as a blackout role? I wanted to be able to really get out there and scare people.
But my mind comes back to the clowns in the mirror from Clowns 3D so maybe not? Is that considered blackout ?
Without leaking anything, I am a 6'1 African American male.
A blackout preformer helps move things like puppets or other effects (like furniture shaking and moving).

A blackout preformer helps move things like puppets or other effects (like furniture shaking and moving).
Oh well that sucks. :/
Guess I'm shaking things and pushing karts all day. Totally not what I wanted.
Can I ask to be recasted to pool or should I wait until Rehearsals just in case it is a mirror gag?

Oh well that sucks. :/
Guess I'm shaking things and pushing karts all day. Totally not what I wanted.
Can I ask to be recasted to pool or should I wait until Rehearsals just in case it is a mirror gag?
Don't worry. I mean, look at this. This is all puppeteer by blackouts.

If it's what im thinking, then you can ask to be recasted. If you want of course.
Thanks, I think I'm going to just straight up just ask during Scare Academy and if so ask for a recasting. I know my maze, Murdy said something about being effect heavy. It's sort of hard to discuss this as I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk specifics even though my maze was announced. In either case though, thanks