Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking forward to classic monsters. Maybe trick or treat.

But browsing around other forums the fan base is winding down every year.

Some are saying it's murdys fault. While others are saying it' the event in general.

I'm done with HHN. That's all I'm going to say. Prepare for a super sh---y line up, and from what I'm hearing prepare for Stranger Things to be the ONLY quality maze. What a waste of a once great event.

Oh no. Guessing a budget slash that’s gonna cause black walls and another maze lost?

Edit- I’m hoping the even Year good luck sticks. If AHS Asylum and Halloween disappoint I don’t think I’ll be coming back since AHS & Shining(and originally Conjuring) were the only reasons I went last year. I like the event but Orlando is knocking HHN out of the park and Hollywood can’t fail again

Last edited:
I'm done with HHN. That's all I'm going to say. Prepare for a super sh---y line up, and from what I'm hearing prepare for Stranger Things to be the ONLY quality maze. What a waste of a once great event.
Oddly enough, I'm actually relieved to hear this. I'm going to be headed into a new career around that time so I'm glad to hear I won't be tempted to lose some sleep.

This will be my tenth year attending HHN. It's a shame that what I'm afraid of is likely going to be the case this year: Black walls and crap quality. Have the yet-to-be-announced changed like last year?

*sigh* So does anyone know if WB event is gonna have NoES, It, & Conjuring again? Still hoping this year will turn out good but from what Chris is saying that’s not good news

So wait what would cause the reception to this year do a total 180? Just a few days ago we were still sort of hopeful even though it was revealed The First Purge was taking over for IT and that seemed like the worst it could get? Only things I can think of to make it worse would be blackwallapalooza in every maze and Asylum turning into Cult and Purge getting a SZ

So wait what would cause the reception to this year do a total 180? Just a few days ago we were still sort of hopeful even though it was revealed The First Purge was taking over for IT and that seemed like the worst it could get? Only things I can think of to make it worse would be blackwallapalooza in every maze and Asylum turning into Cult and Purge getting a SZ

I'm gonna guess it's fears of budget cuts. Makes sense, honestly; there's talk about Comcast-NBCUniversal going lean budget-wise in order to clinch the Fox deal. But I don't know if that's directly related to Universal Studios P&R or if its only limited to Uni/Comcast's main divisions.

EDIT: Gallinado said ST will be a quality maze! the glass is 1/7th full! /s

Well that escalated quickly.

I have to admit when it became clear we weren't getting The Thing my heart and excitement for this year sank. The Thing is my Frankenstein and I was not going to HHN back when the last The Thing maze came out. So it could have been The Thing and 6 other black wall mazes and it still would have been F'en Citizen Kane to me.

However I am still going to hold out hope that they do the best with what they have. I was not expecting to enjoy Insidious as much as I did and Krampus was fun, not the best but just plain fun. My point is while we may not be getting It, The Thing, The Conjuring, Krampus II - Electric boogaloo and every scare zone is Clute but I still have hope.

Who was the one who cautioned us not to go ballistic when all the hyped IPs fell by the wayside. Now that is what is happening.