Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 251 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OK, ok, maybe uploading 200 photos is a bad idea. Instead, I'll just ask: how is this year looking in general? Set-wise, maze-wise, potential-wise? Rough estimate, on a scale from 2013 to 2016, how good a year is it gonna be?

This year is shaping up to be an incredible year. There is a maze that rivals Exorcist is uneasiness and scariness (Workers fear entering it). There is a maze this year that has a gore level that rivals TCM....UCM is gorgeous, TRT has Orlando quality, etc etc.

There is only one maze I've heard not so great things about, but I'll wait to share it until Wednesday. Even then, the maze isn't supposed to be THAT bad, it was just a mess to design.

My bet is the scariest maze is Poltergeist. Walking into a room alone with that clown and the coffin pool would be really unnerving.

This year is shaping up to be an incredible year. There is a maze that rivals Exorcist is uneasiness and scariness (Workers fear entering it). There is a maze this year that has a gore level that rivals TCM....UCM is gorgeous, TRT has Orlando quality, etc etc.

There is only one maze I've heard not so great things about, but I'll wait to share it until Wednesday. Even then, the maze isn't supposed to be THAT bad, it was just a mess to design.

The First Purge or Blumhouse most likely. Either those or H4 since that one seemed to be last minute

My bet is the scariest maze is Poltergeist. Walking into a room alone with that clown and the coffin pool would be really unnerving.

The First Purge or Blumhouse most likely. Either those or H4 since that one seemed to be last minute

I'm actually gonna guess H4 is the "mess maze," given everything. There's not actually that much substance in the movie (Michael kills a police officer and service guys off-screen and only really kills people onscreen in the last twenty minutes) and you move between different locations - a police station, power station, both levels of a two story building along with the attic and the roof, then a school and a highway for pete's sake - a ton, which means awkward transitions.

Meanwhile, there's not that much blood in the movie (only real big blood sequence is the shotgun kill and I guess the police station?), whereas Unfriended is practically marinated in blood, so I'm guessing that's the gory one. Meanwhile, First Purge is apparently gorgeous, and it's really hard to screw the Purge up, so I'm guessing that one's in the safe zone.

EDIT: Plus, apparently Orlando's H4 isn't looking too hot either. I think it's just a hard movie to translate, really.

Last edited:
I'm actually gonna guess H4 is the "mess maze," given everything. There's not actually that much substance in the movie (Michael kills a police officer and service guys off-screen and only really kills people onscreen in the last twenty minutes) and you move between different locations - a police station, power station, both levels of a two story building along with the attic and the roof, then a school and a highway for pete's sake - a ton, which means awkward transitions.

Meanwhile, there's not that much blood in the movie (only real big blood sequence is the shotgun kill and I guess the police station?), whereas Unfriended is practically marinated in blood, so I'm guessing that's the gory one. Meanwhile, First Purge is apparently gorgeous, and it's really hard to screw the Purge up, so I'm guessing that one's in the safe zone.

EDIT: Plus, apparently Orlando's H4 isn't looking too hot either. I think it's just a hard movie to translate, really.

Won’t be surprised if H4 ends up being a somewhat awkward maze. Being in Waterworld transitions are probably gonna be clunky but the tight spaces are gonna be pretty unnerving if Micheal ends up being everywhere. All I want in the maze is the shotgun kill and angry rednecks shooting Micheal:grin:

Reactions: rageofthegods
Won’t be surprised if H4 ends up being a somewhat awkward maze. Being in Waterworld transitions are probably gonna be clunky but the tight spaces are gonna be pretty unnerving if Micheal ends up being everywhere. All I want in the maze is the shotgun kill and angry rednecks shooting Micheal:grin:

I want evil Jamie, darnit! Though angry rednecks and Shotgun kill are also a requisite.

Reactions: horrornights789
- Halloween 4 is a apology for not having Michael last year.
So where's the apology for giving us H4 instead of 2018 (which is getting A LOT of praise)

- Hollywood Harry is extremely liked and is apology for the God awful theme and execution of Last year's tram.
That is clearly a personal opinion. Hollywood Harry isn't extremely liked. You're confusing HHN clowns. Jack is extremely liked (and hated). Harry has no substance or evolution.

- UCM feels like a Apology for Blumhouse and how lackluster the maze was.
Here is another personal opinion.

- TrT feels like a White whale like the Shining but will make up for it with some astounding sets.
Its not really a white whale when Murdy could've done it any time, but kept using the postponed sequel as an excuse to delay it.

- First Purge feels like a apology for having AVED and the lackluster Purge Gaunlet last year and for the first time a Purge maze.
Lackluster Purge Gauntlet? Again, personal opinion..
Its almost like you didn't even try to enjoy the event last year :rolleyes:

Reactions: ush.hacker
Its almost like you didn't even try to enjoy the event last year :rolleyes:
I actually did but a good chunk of people including myself felt that it is was very underwhelming.

I'm pretty sure there's more than just "Spoilers" as the reason for why they couldn't use the 2018 Version for Halloween.

Hollywood Harry the GP actually likes a lot. It's a Tram that people enjoy a lot. So it makes sense to bring it back.

Blumhouse had tons of issues like a lot. Purge Gaunlet was a ton of reused props and although it was trying to tell a story it failed to do so. It was neither scary (On my runthrough at least) or intense. Sinister for the most part was just like Insidious walking around and around with nothing happening and then black walls and more nothing happening. And then you got that Awful ending that literally no one liked. Blumhouse was yes #2 highest rated but I do know a good chunk of people who didn't very much enjoy the maze so UCM in a way is kinda a apology to how bad the maze was.

This is a property that is very beloved by the HHN Community but very easy to obtain (At least to my knowledge) and now that they are finally doing it it does feel like a white whale even though it isn't because we have been waiting 10 years.

I enjoyed Shining a lot, Titans was good. I liked AHS Roanoke. Urban Inferno was perfect. I tried to like last year but it was extremely underwhelming. I enjoyed it though and I'm hoping that this year will know it out of the park.

Last edited:
UCM is an apology for HOB, you're totally right.....

It was such an apology that they brought back HOB because it was the worst rated maze last year. But yep "apology":huh:

The mazes have zero correlation whatsoever - Yeah kale taste bad, but I have cars to make up for it

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive
UCM is an apology for HOB, you're totally right.....

It was such an apology that they brought back HOB because it was the worst rated maze last year. But yep "apology":huh:

The mazes have zero correlation whatsoever - Yeah kale taste bad, but I have cars to make up for it
First off I don't even think they would have brought Blumhouse back if they could have done AHS but they couldn't because of the Fox/Disney Deal. And UCM is a apology in a way to the fans. Not the GP. Because the GP loves Insidious and Blumhouse. But the dead hardcore HHN fans were not fans of last year.

First off I don't even think they would have brought Blumhouse back if they could have done AHS but they couldn't because of the Fox/Disney Deal. And UCM is a apology in a way to the fans. Not the GP. Because the GP loves Insidious and Blumhouse. But the dead hardcore HHN fans were not fans of last year.

HOB and UCM have no correlation whatsoever expect for sharing a location...

Down the street from me was an old rundown crappy coffee shop, but it closed down and now it's a kickass burrito shop so THANK YOU LOS ANGELES COUNTY FOR THE APOLOGY!

Reactions: Clive
AHS has nothing to do with the Fox/Disney merger. If it did there would be a much bigger story like Universal suing Disney for breach of contract.

When one company buys another the contracts that are previously in place have to be honored. Is it possible that Disney settled with Universal to get AHS pulled, yeah it is possible, just as it is possible that HHN hired all of the original actors of Stranger Things to play their parts, but not likely.

Also I think UCM is being done becuase Murdy thinks this might be his last shot at doing it.

Reactions: Freak and HereWeGo
Really excited for the merch this year! Tons of cool new items. (Some definitely cooler than others though.) Production Central looks incredible with all of the UCM merch....Rip my wallet

Haven't heard much about that interactive thing in a while....hmmm:lol:

Reactions: Wesker69