Awesome work, some really cool shots in here.
I agree as I mentioned. FMTW is by far a great competitor for the best maze to come to HHN. My runs were insanely amazing and so scary and fun. It’s by far a 10/10. Or maybe since we both went last night they were popping last night more than ever. Who knows? But props to Murdy and the team alongside Slash.Finally got to go last night, and let me tell you this year definitely rivals 2016 as best year for me. Some of the lows of this year are pretty bad, but the highs MAN they’re high.
9.Stranger things 2 (1 time): Now I only did this maze once, but wow was it awful. I didn’t think they could do worse than last years maze but man they really are 0/2 on this series. The first scenes are okay, but the middle section of this maze DRAGS on and is super uninteresting. The season 3 portion was okay as well, but they should’ve just not had it in here. Also there’s 0 scare actors for the first 2 minutes of the maze, why are they so scared to make this property scary? I just don’t know how they thought this was okay and I would rather some other property take the soundstage next year. 2/10
8. Pandora’s Box (2 times): I really want to like this one more than I do, but I just can’t. The first room with the door opening is super cool, but the rest of the maze feels thrown together to fill a spot. I don’t absolutely hate it, but the scares and scenes just don’t leave an impression on me, I feel like they could’ve done a better job. 5/10
7. House of 1000 Corpses (1 time): While I hate the movie, the maze wasn’t that bad actually. I thought it was going to be a lot better, but I got a few good scares and the sets were pretty decent. Overall it’s a middle of the road maze, kinda feels like a maze from 2017. 6/10
6. Holidayz in Hell (1 time): This maze was a lot of fun, the sets are really detailed and cool to look at, I surprisingly liked the soundtrack and I loved how the jumpscare effects would go with the music, super creative and the cast was having a blast. 7/10
5. Creepshow (2 times): This maze is really conflicting for me, it was my most anticipated maze of the season and as far as sets go, it’s really really cool. I love how this maze captures the movies style and I love the scenes they decided to do from the movie. Both of my run throughs of this maze were really bad, I barely got a scare, however the group I was with that was in front of me hit every single one so I know this maze is solid, I just can’t say it was super scary personally. Overall I know the potential is there, if I got a good run it’d most likely be higher for me, but for now it’s at #5. 7/10
4. Us (2 times): I wasn’t the most excited for this maze to come to the event, but I was surprised by how well done it was. The sets in here are gorgeous and the actors are AMAZING. The way they Keep eye contact with you throughout is really creepy. I didn’t think this was the scariest maze out there, but I’ll be damned if it wasn’t one of the prettiest. 8/10
3. Ghostbusters (2 times): I was fairly skeptical about this maze at first, but after going through it I really had no reason to be. The effects in this house are SO good and it’s fairly scary as well, I got 2 great run throughs on this one. Sure there’s some black walls, but I didn’t really mind since the sets that are there are really really good. The stay puft scene is one of the coolest things I’ve seen at HHN so far. 8/10
2. Killer Klownz From Outter Space (1 time): Okay this was the maze I was most skeptical about going in. WOW was this amazing, the colors in here are super vibrant and the scares are really creative. I didn’t think that the klown costumes would work in a maze, but they actually work super well and are intimidating since they’re so big. I only got to go through once, but I got a lot of scares and the double klown scare made me drop to the floor. Arguably the best mummy que maze I’ve ever been in. 9/10
1. Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman (2 times): This might be the best maze I’ve ever been through at HHN no joke, last years monsters was really pretty but I thought it was kind of overhyped. THIS MAZE worked wayyy better for me. The score is sick, the tone of this maze is dark as hell and super dreadful. The sets are really detailed and hauntingly beautiful (side note the first scene with Talbot transforming is so well done and the make up is so cool I just have to mention it here.) The SCARES in this maze while not entirely original got me good both times. This might be the scariest maze I’ve been through at the event as well, the last scene with the movie posters made me drop to the floor for a few seconds until I could come to my senses and run out of the maze. I love everything about this maze and I haven’t been obsessed with a maze like this in a long time. 10/10
This year BLOWS 2018 out of the water and is MILLIONS of miles from 2017. I am so happy that this year was amazing, sure there was a bad maze and some mediocre ones but the highs of this year are so high it doesn’t even matter. Other things to note here, All Hallows’ Evil is an amazing scarezone, the best in that spot so far. The other scarezones are just okay.
I really love the new maze locations and I hope terror tram doesn’t come back. Having this year being this good makes me hopeful for the future of HHN.