Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

Wow... I guess they really aren't going to extend it. Pretty heartbreaking, it's always my favorite time to go.
Because it's usually less crowded? in 2019 we went the weekend after Halloween and it might as well have been Oct 31 -- that's how crowded it was. Doubt this year would have been any different.

You figured with all the success and sold-out nights, there is a hunger and a demand for an extra week of HHN.. and Universal would take advantage of that
True, but it also costs money each night to run the event. If their bottom line ends up being ahead of what they forecasted (and it might be, based on how heavily attended it was), they probably wouldn't add extra days just for the sake of it. Pocket the dough and start working on next year.

You figured with all the success and sold-out nights, there is a hunger and a demand for an extra week of HHN.. and Universal would take advantage of that

As I have (and others) have pointed out several times, they are struggling to staff the event as it is. Adding another weekend is not likely to be doable unless you want half-empty mazes and streets.

We definitely would have heard by now, so safe to say it ends on 10/31.

Anyone going for this final weekend? Would love to hear some reports about any fun changes or shenanigans.

I’m glad the event won’t be extended personally. That means we can FINALLY move on from a mediocre year and have a clean slate for speculation come Nov. 1st.

This is the first year since 2010 where I only went once and didn’t buy the frequent fear pass. Haven’t been back since opening night and I still don’t feel the urgency to go back one more time this year.

I should also ask, any merch on sale this weekend? Or do you think they'll discount it heavy next weekend instead?

We went on Thursday, and nothing was on sale yet. We'll be stopping by on Sunday, though we can't stay late since we have to work the next morning.

Went last night for the last time of the season and it was easily the least crowded we’ve seen since opening night. Figured out that the regular FFP ticket was blocked, so that was probably why. Would maybe recommend people get a GA ticket for tonight or tomorrow if they really wanna go one last time. Or, if you have UFP, don’t be scared of the Halloween weekend crowds and give it a shot; you can always bail if it’s bad. That was our attitude and it worked out.

90 minutes was the longest wait I personally saw all night. Most hung around 40-60 and actually moved much quicker than that.

Glad I got to have a non-chaotic sendoff.

It turns out I will be attending tomorrow evening for the final night. Does anyone know where you can secure the wristbands if you have daytime tickets? Is it only at the front of the park?

Happy Halloween everyone!! With the final night approaching I would like to thank everyone on here. We’ve all been through a lot and I feel like the gap between HHN 2019 and HHN 2021 was so much tolerable thanks to all of you guys. I’d like to thank the mods for giving us all a safe space to talk. I’d also like to give a thank you to all the insiders on here like Legacy, Ringwraith,Chris, etc. you guys deal with a lot of stuff and the hints and rumors and info you provide often go thankless. But you guys are like the lifeblood of the forum so thank you you are very much appreciated. Thank you all and I hope to see you all on here next year.

Happy Halloween everyone!! With the final night approaching I would like to thank everyone on here. We’ve all been through a lot and I feel like the gap between HHN 2019 and HHN 2021 was so much tolerable thanks to all of you guys. I’d like to thank the mods for giving us all a safe space to talk. I’d also like to give a thank you to all the insiders on here like Legacy, Ringwraith,Chris, etc. you guys deal with a lot of stuff and the hints and rumors and info you provide often go thankless. But you guys are like the lifeblood of the forum so thank you you are very much appreciated. Thank you all and I hope to see you all on here next year.
Half the people on this website hate Horror Nights.

I really hope HHN 2022 everything will be better as well as the pandemic being better managed. Netflix's Haunting of Hill House is a great new addition, but the rest of the events feels so disappointing to me, especially with using Halloween 4 instead of the now-debunked Halloween 3 Season of the Witch.

Half the people on this website hate Horror Nights.

Hate's a strong word.

I love HHN, it got me into a lot of communities and groups because of it. I loved the three instances of when I have been to HHN, and I'm as GP white bread as I can be. But I do think Hollywood has issues that can be mended and fixed.

even in the current creative and executive groups that USH is at. I have hope that 2020/2021 gave USH a lot of time to think; especially as they'll be able to springboard 2022 into a completely new perspective.