Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely thinking we'll be getting at least Express this year.
Went to the park yesterday for the first time in a long while and you can really feel the hit in capacity without Animal Actors and Special Effects Stage. No doubt it's gonna hit even harder during HHN. I shudder to think about how the crowds are gonna be. They have to hit a record maze-count this year if they're not going to have a show but honestly they need a big compelling people eater like Jabbawankerz.
....and that's why I'm grateful that they're *supposedly* looking to have a show at Water World this year. When that arena gets full, it packs a lot of people in. Hopefully it will make the crowds feel just a little more bareable this year. \

What I'm worried about is trying to manage all of the houses this year with *again, supposedly* four in the lower lot this year. I'm hoping it will spread the crowds out just a little bit but I might have to utilize the method of running upstairs to the CG houses before the event officially opens. I really hate how Early Entry is now made first dibs by Day/Night combo people.

Reactions: nicodingus
I'm definitely thinking we'll be getting at least Express this year.
Went to the park yesterday for the first time in a long while and you can really feel the hit in capacity without Animal Actors and Special Effects Stage. No doubt it's gonna hit even harder during HHN. I shudder to think about how the crowds are gonna be. They have to hit a record maze-count this year if they're not going to have a show but honestly they need a big compelling people eater like Jabbawankerz.
Every year it gets more and more popular, bigger but not necessarily better! Lol. I agree, if you aren’t planning on going multiple times and don’t want to have to speed walk the whole event, it’s worth it forsure this year.

Reactions: nicodingus
depends on what you’re looking for — I would either do Oogie Boogie or Knott’s Scary Farm. if you’re looking for a good excuse to hit DLR, you have your answer. that said, Scary Farm is a fun event and it’ll be the 50th anniversary this year.
Question was answered for me; OBB doesn’t line up with my trip because it’s only Tues/Thurs/Sun

Currently thinking Delusion and Creep instead of Knotts Scary, anyone been?

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
Question was answered for me; OBB doesn’t line up with my trip because it’s only Tues/Thurs/Sun

Currently thinking Delusion and Creep instead of Knotts Scary, anyone been?

Delusion is typically excellent, even if its most recent editions have not been nearly as ambitious as prior years. It takes "haunt" to the next level in terms of immersion and active participation. Just be aware that the locations they use are often remote, so you will need a car (or be ready to stomach a pricey rideshare) to get there.

I have not personally done Creep - not sure if they ended up doing something last year? - but I've heard good things.

Delusion is typically excellent, even if its most recent editions have not been nearly as ambitious as prior years. It takes "haunt" to the next level in terms of immersion and active participation. Just be aware that the locations they use are often remote, so you will need a car (or be ready to stomach a pricey rideshare) to get there.

I have not personally done Creep - not sure if they ended up doing something last year? - but I've heard good things.

I believe that Delusion has settled into a permanent location in Pomona. It's definitely a drive - about 45 minutes east of Burbank.

I believe that Delusion has settled into a permanent location in Pomona. It's definitely a drive - about 45 minutes east of Burbank.
that’s my understanding as well. it’s actually relatively convenient from downtown LA (you can even take the metrolink to downtown Pomona if you want!) and a lot more accessible than in years past.

Reactions: Grabnar
Just be aware that the locations they use are often remote, so you will need a car (or be ready to stomach a pricey rideshare) to get there.
From Houston so I'm very familiar with the urban sprawl; planning to get a car for the trip regardless.

It looks like the group behind Creep did The Willows last year, so I'll check out what they're doing this year.

Back on topic though, is USH much smaller than UOR? Is one night enough with an RIP or should I plan on 2 nights? Also, do they do anything like the Unmasking the Horror tour here?

Reactions: Jake S
From Houston so I'm very familiar with the urban sprawl; planning to get a car for the trip regardless.

It looks like the group behind Creep did The Willows last year, so I'll check out what they're doing this year.

Back on topic though, is USH much smaller than UOR? Is one night enough with an RIP or should I plan on 2 nights? Also, do they do anything like the Unmasking the Horror tour here?

One night with RIP or express is perfect. Anything else is risking not getting everything done comfortably, you’ll need a really good strategy and a go go mentality to do one night GA.

Oh yes. The park is much smaller than UO. Bare in mind I haven't done RIP (Might consider it this year), but I think one night with RIP, assuming you'll get there early and stay the whole night, is perfect. Unfortunately, they don't really do any BTS tours for this event. Maybe in the near future the might!

as someone who (briefly) lived in Houston, say no more.

houston los angeles

urban sprawl

per your second question: I've done USH horror nights with express for the past several years (unlimited express last year) and it was never a problem. the event is very crowded but express solves most of those problems.

I do unlimited express when I go. I comfortably get 3 runs through every house, a run on the terror tram, a show and some food and then I leave. Depending on the price difference and the extra offering, I might consider RIP this year but I generally prefer to do my own thing instead of being led around with a tour group.

I'll jump on the bandwagon and say Unlimited Express is worth it's weight in gold. If you splurge on RIP, it has unlimited express when you're not doing the tour. My strategy was get the earliest RIP time, get all the special stuff out of the way straight away, then leave the tour and do a ton of laps on everything for most of the night; and refuel at the RIP Lounge from time to time.

Yeah the cutout is dang near identical, the only small difference is that it’s just a tiny bit lower.

It be Holidayz reunioning. Which makes sense as a week back some of the scenic from the Christmas scene was spotted from the Starway.

Now that the event has eight houses and the tram, and especially now that every night seems to be packed, I’m starting to be less bothered by repeats. Historically repeats are almost never as good as the original, but hey, that means that’s one less house I have to worry about on return visits.

Eh that’s fine I guess. If they had to repeat something I wish it was Creepshow. At least you would’ve had potential to include scenes from the other movies/episodes. I just hope that having an original that’s a repeat isn’t at the expense of a potential Orlando original transplant. I want Wicked Growth!

Status
Not open for further replies.