Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never experienced the original Holidayz, so I'll check it out. That said, the POVs haven't excited me very much. I agree that bringing over an Orlando original would be ideal. Scarecrow was very near the top of my list last year

My complaint with Holidayz in Hell was the same as my complaint about Bride at USH which was that it was almost completely uncovered, so it was hard to get the lighting right and create claustrophic spaces.

I never experienced the original Holidayz, so I'll check it out. That said, the POVs haven't excited me very much. I agree that bringing over an Orlando original would be ideal. Scarecrow was very near the top of my list last year
After last years super strong originals a copy paste of holidayz in hell is kind of unacceptable. Like horror hotel alone runs circles around holidayz in hell. I love the concept of holidayz in hell and would love to see it expanded

After last years super strong originals a copy paste of holidayz in hell is kind of unacceptable. Like horror hotel alone runs circles around holidayz in hell. I love the concept of holidayz in hell and would love to see it expanded
Tbf, I know I’m kinda contradicting my last post, but La Llorona was stellar last year and that was kinda a repeat. But that was because they took the liberty to improve upon the remaining scenes and changed some stuff, but I’m more concerned that this will be like Klowns where they just don’t care.

But agreed. I would say of all my years going, that year had the strongest lineup of originals. It’s would be a shame to do a straight-up repeat of Holidayz after how good the originals were last year.

Back on topic though, is USH much smaller than UOR? Is one night enough with an RIP or should I plan on 2 nights? Also, do they do anything like the Unmasking the Horror tour here?
One thing I will add to Freak's answer is USH *feels* very large most of the time because you're walking a very long distance between attractions in a straight line, unlike UOR's ring structure. Also, a lot of it is up and down fairly steep hills/stairs, so you're exerting yourself a lot more. I actually should do a bit of measuring just to get an idea of scale because I can't tell.

But as everyone said, get RIP because it's the closest thing to Unmasking the Horror that Hollywood has, plus it's impossible to do the event casually in a single night anymore without being lucky. And get it in advance because it sells out.

But agreed. I would say of all my years going, that year had the strongest lineup of originals. It’s would be a shame to do a straight-up repeat of Holidayz after how good the originals were last year.
I think it's a timing thing as well. La Lllorona gets a pass, but there's just not enough distance between the past (four?) repeats to really justify them, plus there's no appreciable improvements. Bringing back a repeat after a decade is more palatable then two or three years, especially when I feel like they just turned the corner with multi-year mazes like Aliens vs. Predator and American Werewolf in London.

Really hoping this is more of a murdy and the team deciding they can go back and make holidayz able to stand shoulder to shoulder with last years originals and not just a budget saving move.

From @HydraGen2299 to show further that it is very much looking to be Holidayz.

IMG_4328.jpg

If they want to catch my interest and change it up, then combine Holidayz In Hell with All Hallows Eve scarezone from 2019, cause otherwise, I know what maze I’m skipping to save some time.

I have to wonder if we will get a new scene within a returning Hoildayz in Hell, especially with the new location.

Hell, I wonder if this Presidents Day Tweet posted on a Holiday from Murdy was more obvious of a clue than some thought.

Wouldn't President's Day just be Independence Day?

Wouldn't President's Day just be Independence Day?
Considering President's Day is a completely different/separate holiday at the end of February, nope.

Also, when Orlando did H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror in 2011, both President's Day and Independance Day had their own segments.

Last edited:
Tbh, I'm extremely unoptimistic that any changes will be made to Holidayz, just given the treatment of Klowns last year, but at the same time I feel like the footprint down on the lower lot is significantly larger than the parisian courtyard, so part of me wonders if it's even possible for them to just repeat the layout without any additions and still be able to fill that whole tent.
That said, I'm also pretty curious if we'll see any iterations of scenes promised at the initial announcement that didnt make the final cut (the leprechaun pouring molten gold on somebody, the christmas tree monster etc.), also wondering how they'll handle not having the exit scarezone to pad out christmas. The realistic answer is itll just cut off after that tiny christmas tree lot scene, but that's just boring to think about.

Tbh, I'm extremely unoptimistic that any changes will be made to Holidayz, just given the treatment of Klowns last year, but at the same time I feel like the footprint down on the lower lot is significantly larger than the parisian courtyard, so part of me wonders if it's even possible for them to just repeat the layout without any additions and still be able to fill that whole tent.
That said, I'm also pretty curious if we'll see any iterations of scenes promised at the initial announcement that didnt make the final cut (the leprechaun pouring molten gold on somebody, the christmas tree monster etc.), also wondering how they'll handle not having the exit scarezone to pad out christmas. The realistic answer is itll just cut off after that tiny christmas tree lot scene, but that's just boring to think about.
Also, didn't they remove the stuffed human at the Thanksgiving table after the first or second week due to complaints? Honestly, that was the highlight of the maze to me...it was hilarious. Hopefully that's back in the reboot.

Also, didn't they remove the stuffed human at the Thanksgiving table after the first or second week due to complaints? Honestly, that was the highlight of the maze to me...it was hilarious. Hopefully that's back in the reboot.
Yep. Looked a bit too naked for some peoples tastes.
Only way I could see it coming back is if its much more obviously clothed.

Status
Not open for further replies.