Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood and gore and violence? "Awesome! Give us more, Universal!"
Bare buttcheeks? "Shame on you, Universal! Think of the children."
"We're gonna have the cooked family member clothed so they can rejoin the holidayz in hell thanksgiving scene but this time it's their child. Why? Because f*ck em, thats why!"

• Haha
Reactions: queenmetroid
I respect that Universal takes surveys seriously, but this is one I wish they wouldn't have paid attention to because it's such an absurd thing to focus on. The event is going to sell out anyway because (shocker) the house quality is what matters.

I've found it interesting that Universal Hollywood tends to cut more offensive material ever since the Purge barker incident and I've always assumed that it was in part because they allow video in the houses.

Off the top of my head: the new york street purge scarezone years ago had an actor portray a purge auctioneer handing off victims and being nasty to guests(?). Like a tame chuckys emporium.
I remember the Ringmastger from the Klownz scarezone in 2010 roasting me by pointing at me and saying "Ohhh look at that. That's only a face a mother could love!" Man there was a charm to the HHN of old from the late 00's early 2010's that we'll never get to enjoy again. I miss getting roasted by the barkers.

I remember the Ringmastger from the Klownz scarezone in 2010 roasting me by pointing at me and saying "Ohhh look at that. That's only a face a mother could love!" Man there was a charm to the HHN of old from the late 00's early 2010's that we'll never get to enjoy again. I miss getting roasted by the barkers.
I miss the gogo dancers. But people had to be absolute menaces to society and ruin it.

Ah yes. I remember the go-go dancers. And the barker, and some of the jokes in B & T a dozen years ago would give PC snowflakes a complete meltdown.
it’s strange for me to see anyone nostalgic for this era of the event. the lazy, punch down jokes that littered bill and ted and the what-does-this-have-to-do-with-the-event dancers are certainly not missed by me.

i think it’s easy to confuse cruel or mean with edgy.

it’s strange for me to see anyone nostalgic for this era of the event. the lazy, punch down jokes that littered bill and ted and the what-does-this-have-to-do-with-the-event dancers are certainly not missed by me.

Guess it just goes to show anyone can be nostalgic for anything with enough rose tinting and time.
Gotta agree though, as much as I can appreciate the more haphazard grit a lot of the earlier events had, the weird meanspirited raunch and kinda frat boy mentality a lot of horror, and the event, had in the 2000s is something I'm glad to see dead and buried.

This really shows how little we have to go off of with current hhn speculation. C'mon, Universal. Please.

I thought the go gos were fun but there was one year when they had them in the NY backlot area with cameras above them and the footage was projected to watch while in line for the mazes? Odd

Also was funny when the question of male go go dancers used to be brought up and everyone including Murdy would be weird about their answer.

The bill and Ted shows were never funny
For that matter, I never really saw the appeal of The Hanging at Knott's. I realize it had a cult following (much like BaT), but for every joke that landed, there were maybe 10 that were painfully bad, predictable, and missed the mark.

Also was funny when the question of male go go dancers used to be brought up and everyone including Murdy would be weird about their answer.
And if go-go dancers were okay, there should be no reason not to have male ones. The fact that male go-go dancers made them uncomfortable speaks volumes about why and who they were really there for... straight males only need apply.

And if go-go dancers were okay, there should be no reason not to have male ones. The fact that male go-go dancers made them uncomfortable speaks volumes about why and who they were really there for... straight males only need apply.
Yea there was always a round about way of answering when it really felt like the answer was "IDK thats kinda gay" :skull: :sob:

I knew one of the dancers. they enjoyed the job, but the groping from guests is was caused them to go away. now with alcohol allowed at the event, we probably will never see them again
We can't even ask guests to not lose their minds and tackle peformers like they're peyton manning when they're just doing their job.

Reactions: HydraGen2299

No nostalgia intended or endorsement that the jokes were good. Like I said, that stuff would go down a lot worse now, like crazy worse. Back in 2009 when I first went, I was quite surprised how un-PC Americans were for Halloween (I'm a foreign tourist from the opposite corner of the Pacific). I guess things have re-calibrated now.

Back to speculation: I have no idea. Uni must be running a tight ship. I'd like to see Evil Dead Rise, and maybe if they did the new Exorcist (I know HHN might be too early and spoil it) there might be a fresh set of elements to introduce; and Exorcist 3 had some cool elements to it (let's not talk about Exorcist 2).

Reactions: Jake S
Back to speculation: I have no idea. Uni must be running a tight ship. I'd like to see Evil Dead Rise, and maybe if they did the new Exorcist (I know HHN might be too early and spoil it) there might be a fresh set of elements to introduce; and Exorcist 3 had some cool elements to it (let's not talk about Exorcist 2).
….or yet there is the option I’m sure none of us want: Just bring back the OG Exorcist as is for round three.

As bad as that option would be, it would be a huge budget saver as it was 75% black walls, it would promote the new movie when it would be too early, and they essentially have the rights to it. Not to mention it was hailed as HOTY in 2021 (Ugh). It would be super marketable for the GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.