Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OK... I know, I said I would rest my case... Well, I re-open my case :lol: I'm fighting for this and hopefully the Uni-powers that be, who we know have eyes in here, will make this happen :smiley:

My point is, I think the Wizarding World / Hogsmeade can be dressed up for Halloween and even be a full-on scarezone. Of course, I don't think it would be the typical gory scene, but not every scarezone has been gory. This could be the new home of the pumpkins, plus there are different creatures that would work well for scareactors, like dementors, death eaters, inferi, ghosts, even werewolves. And I could stretch it as much as having boggarts running amock, personifying your worst fears :p

Then also, about the space being tight... I think for scare zones, that's actually a positive. Maybe it'll be super crowded, yes, but as far as small spaces, I think those are best for scare zones. Especially small spaces with lots of nooks for scare actors, like there are in the WW.

If this happens, I will have a huge geek out. Harry Potter, Halloween, AND roller coasters all in one place? :faint:

OK... I know, I said I would rest my case... Well, I re-open my case :lol: I'm fighting for this and hopefully the Uni-powers that be, who we know have eyes in here, will make this happen :smiley:

My point is, I think the Wizarding World / Hogsmeade can be dressed up for Halloween and even be a full-on scarezone. Of course, I don't think it would be the typical gory scene, but not every scarezone has been gory. This could be the new home of the pumpkins, plus there are different creatures that would work well for scareactors, like dementors, death eaters, inferi, ghosts, even werewolves. And I could stretch it as much as having boggarts running amock, personifying your worst fears :p

Then also, about the space being tight... I think for scare zones, that's actually a positive. Maybe it'll be super crowded, yes, but as far as small spaces, I think those are best for scare zones. Especially small spaces with lots of nooks for scare actors, like there are in the WW.

If this happens, I will have a huge geek out. Harry Potter, Halloween, AND roller coasters all in one place? :faint:

It's far more likely we'll see a family themed event in Harry Potter before we see Halloween Horror Nights in Harry Potter. So many logistical issues with throwing Harry Potter into the mix.

^ It's TWO different crowds when it comes to HHN. I think a HHN takeover of Harry Potter would be fine. What I mean is you can have the families experiencing the non-terrifing (normal) WWoHP during the day and evening. However when HHN time starts, most of those families aren't there, which then it will not mess-up the image to those families of the WWoHP unless they go to HHN by mistake or Universal puts out scary props.

Also I think it would add a major plus to all the Harry Potter / HHN / Horror fans in that they can experience the "dark side" of Harry Potter in HHN with all the death, darkness, and terrifing creatures and people in the books/movies. Voldemort attack anyone?

Last edited:
I am not thinking the odds of it being in both parks are not high. Not to kill anyone's dreams but there is no large financial gain with Potter there at IOA and Attendance and more importantly, guest spending up for them to make money. While the studio gets set for HHN at 6:30. The families and those not wanting to go to HHN(such as those not into scary or with families) are spending money at IOA for its last few hours of operation.

I am not thinking the odds of it being in both parks are not high. Not to kill anyone's dreams but there is no large financial gain with Potter there at IOA and Attendance and more importantly, guest spending up for them to make money. While the studio gets set for HHN at 6:30. The families and those not wanting to go to HHN(such as those not into scary or with families) are spending money at IOA for its last few hours of operation.

Heres a idea: If Universal can get done with the decontruction of Jaws / Amity. They could open up a wide passing area (and maybe create a scarezone in it). As for the 8th house, Nazarman's?

Last edited:
Heres a idea: If Universal can get done with the decontruction of Jaws / Amity. They could open up a wide passing area (and maybe create a scarezone in it). As for the 8th house, Nazarman's?

We only have half that location now and to be honest the last Nazarman's house we had was pretty bad.

We keep discussing it as if IOA might not happen, but didn't they pretty much all but confirm that the two-park format would return? I thought I remember them being asked about it and they coyly confirmed without actually confirming.

If (when) IOA is used, I highly doubt WWoHP will be dressed up. People are going to flock to it at night anyways, so why put a bunch of money into a section that everybody will already gather? That budget money is better used elsewhere to disperse the crowds.

We keep discussing it as if IOA might not happen, but didn't they pretty much all but confirm that the two-park format would return? I thought I remember them being asked about it and they coyly confirmed without actually confirming.

If (when) IOA is used, I highly doubt WWoHP will be dressed up. People are going to flock to it at night anyways, so why put a bunch of money into a section that everybody will already gather? That budget money is better used elsewhere to disperse the crowds.

They said something along the lines of "Well the options are on the table, and if the event is right for it."

That's a fair point I hadn't thought of, but maybe they'll cut their losses for the month of HHN. It's probably going to be a year or two of HHN at both parks anyways, until the new area opens at USF. Now, once that's open and the entire Studios is in full swing, there's going to be the same argument: Studios has to close early for HHN and they'll have to close the new popular area early. It's bound to happen that whichever park, or both, holding the event will have to close a few hours early for HHN. And anyways, September and October are not really the highest seasons for the theme parks, if I'm not mistaken. Even now during this slower season, the parks are closing at 6 -7 - 8pm depending on the day, so it's not that big of a difference.

We only have half that location now and to be honest the last Nazarman's house we had was pretty bad.

Yea, It would have to end at Sting Alley resulting in an awfully short experience. "Vampyr: Blood Bath" extended into what is now StarBucks. There were things about that house I loved and hated but that is neither here nor there...

The way it was layed out in that article, pure speculation by the way, would suck.
If they open Potter it would be a nightmare, if they don't they lose a coaster and make the event really long and stretched out with out any flow
Also they would not be using the lagoon show, the parade building, or MIB.
Of course that is just my opinion of what was guessed at in the link.

The way it was layed out in that article, pure speculation by the way, would suck.
If they open Potter it would be a nightmare, if they don't they lose a coaster and make the event really long and stretched out with out any flow
Also they would not be using the lagoon show, the parade building, or MIB.
Of course that is just my opinion of what was guessed at in the link.

I don't think the layout sucks that much... it's nearly identical to the peak night layout of 2005, with an 8th house in the disaster queue. Using MIB/parade building would create waaaay too much walking in my opinion, when there are plenty of other house location options.

Here's an '05 map for comparison... full IOA and part of the studios, and that year wasn't too bad...
ioa2005.jpg

I do agree that not using their shiny new lagoon show would be a bit of a miss though... and the fact that there's really only one spot for a crossover kind of makes the idea seem less than feesibe.

I am still saying besides a gimmick there is nothing JUSTIFYING the event go to two parks. There is a lot of work going on where the Jaws ride real estate was but nothing other than the walls in front of the games of Amity area to really create any huge traffic flow issues. Even if they still do a house at the old extended queue structure location they can make do because there will be no queing for a ride or exiting from a ride with Jaws no longer in the picture. I think the area will be able to handle Bill and Ted and that house just fine. there are tighter spaces within the park and without the jaws ride and games they can get away with having a wide walkway or potentially a scare zone in the area once the walls are moved back a bit to fit larger crowds after a lot of the heavy demo work is done. It is only early February.

I am wondering if they will even get creative and get one last use out of the old Amity games area by making that the ultimate Midway of the Bizzare. Really dirty the place up before starting demo work after HHN.

Something else to speculate on with HHN. How will Scare Zones and the like be affected by the Super Star Parade? I am guessing that moving show parade will end before the slower pre HHN season of early September rolls in.

Last edited:
I don't think the layout sucks that much... it's nearly identical to the peak night layout of 2005, with an 8th house in the disaster queue. Using MIB/parade building would create waaaay too much walking in my opinion, when there are plenty of other house location options.

Here's an '05 map for comparison... full IOA and part of the studios, and that year wasn't too bad...
ioa2005.jpg

I do agree that not using their shiny new lagoon show would be a bit of a miss though... and the fact that there's really only one spot for a crossover kind of makes the idea seem less than feesibe.

I was there in 05 and thought it was not as good as it is in US, I have said it before and I'm stickin to it,
It is a long walk from Disaster to JP.

--- Update ---

I am still saying besides a gimmick there is nothing JUSTIFYING the event go to two parks. There is a lot of work going on where the Jaws ride real estate was but nothing other than the walls in front of the games of Amity area to really create any huge traffic flow issues. Even if they still do a house at the old extended queue structure location they can make do because there will be no queing for a ride or exiting from a ride with Jaws no longer in the picture. I think the area will be able to handle Bill and Ted and that house just fine. there are tighter spaces within the park and without the jaws ride and games they can get away with having a wide walkway or potentially a scare zone in the area once the walls are moved back a bit to fit larger crowds after a lot of the heavy demo work is done. It is only early February.

I am wondering if they will even get creative and get one last use out of the old Amity games area by making that the ultimate Midway of the Bizzare. Really dirty the place up before starting demo work after HHN.

Something else to speculate on with HHN. How will Scare Zones and the like be affected by the Super Star Parade? I am guessing that moving show parade will end before the slower pre HHN season of early September rolls in.

I agree, they will tear down the games and retail that border the lagoon to make it more accesable to the new show and they could have a long scare zone there when the temporary walls come down.

Is the parade coing to follow the same path as the drum show from last year?