Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

I definitely audited the fact that I wasn't able to get the full bang of my buck, even if it was the cheapest option of attending.

I gotta say, House of Horrors improved tremendously since opening weekend. Easily the scariest this weekend.

I continued to be underwhelmed by Alice Cooper, really hope we don't get a sequel.

When I came out of Walking Dead twice there were a ton of walkers waiting outside the exit in like a line. Was that the cast change? One said "Welcome to Miami" :lol:

End of the event overall rankings for Orlando and Both

Orlando
1. Gothic
2. House of Horrors
3. Dead End
4. Silent Hill
5. Alice Cooper
6. Walking Dead
7. Penn and Teller

Overall Rankings from both Events combined

1.La Llorona
2.Alice Cooper (Hollywood)
3.Texas Chainsaw
4.Gothic
5.House of Horrors
6.Dead End
7.Silent Hill (Hollywood)
8.Silent Hill (Orlando)
9.Alice Cooper (Orlando)
10.Walking Dead (Orlando)
11.TWD (Hollywood)
12.Monsters Remix
13.Penn and Teller

99.Terror Tram

Awesome article…I have to agree that the two park event would be a dud though. Granted, I didn’t go to the event in 2004, but in my experience working there and making the trip between parks quite a bit I can confirm it was long and boring.

Question—what did losing the Transformers soundstage/IOA have to do with removing the NY scarezones? I always thought the parade excuse was a cop out so figured there’s gotta be more to it. Also, if anything, wouldn’t losing a venue in USF make IOA more attractive?

Awesome article…I have to agree that the two park event would be a dud though. Granted, I didn’t go to the event in 2004, but in my experience working there and making the trip between parks quite a bit I can confirm it was long and boring.

Question—what did losing the Transformers soundstage/IOA have to do with removing the NY scarezones? I always thought the parade excuse was a cop out so figured there’s gotta be more to it. Also, if anything, wouldn’t losing a venue in USF make IOA more attractive?
Good question, and I don’t have a “verified” answer for it. Speculating, I’d say budget was a part of it. They had already spent a good bit of money building the house in SS44 (Herc/Xena). When they lost it, they would have had to divert funds from somewhere to build the new house in Parade. Historically, it’s the streets that see their budgets slashed in those situations (as streets are approved/contracted later).

As for why they didn’t move the whole event to Islands, Islands by itself is not as attractive a location for HHN. The only “clean” venue they have is Carnage Warehouse, which is a critical storage location. Everything else requires closing stuff to daytime guests. Studios has Parade and the tents, as well as easier access to the soundstages.