Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Reviews & Photos

Almost done with the review. :lol:

Here's a video to hold you over til later today.

[video=youtube;7t2OF8nOmDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t2OF8nOmDM[/video]

^ I agree, and knowing you shot them without using a tripod makes it that much more impressive :thumbs:

Looks like I may end up going Sat the 13th or Sat the 20th if things work out and really debating on whether or not I want to bring my tripod in. I can strap it to my bag and carry it around but still up in the air if I even want to do that.

I thought Adam The Woo's experience at HHN was fun to watch:

[video=youtube;YnEbimHoNZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnEbimHoNZk[/video]

^ I agree, and knowing you shot them without using a tripod makes it that much more impressive :thumbs:

Looks like I may end up going Sat the 13th or Sat the 20th if things work out and really debating on whether or not I want to bring my tripod in. I can strap it to my bag and carry it around but still up in the air if I even want to do that.

Even though I would love to see some shots via a tripod, I highly recommend not bringing one in especially on a Saturday night. You really won't even be able to use it that much minus the lagoon due to the extreme crowds. If you want any lagoon shots I recommend using the pillars around the lagoon to rest on. Other than that your gonna have to go camera to crowd combat with some free hand and creative techniques to get those shots.

here's a few shots from last night:

8037643452_747a27c82e_z.jpg

8037644716_16df12c630_z.jpg

8037644313_db4c4c25a8_z.jpg

8033292118_1fa4d7d228_z.jpg

and as always the rest can be viewed here: Cheap Plug

It is great the Pictures are better then the event this Year....Sorry Fan Boys this is just a bad year...Easy Review goes like this. Insane wait times, Roaming groups eh eh eh. The scare is No where HUGE EMPTY AREAS.....LOTS OF WALKING to get to a line. Most Houses are forgettable the later into the night the longer the express lines gets. Bill and Ted better then last year but piles of missed opportunities. I see that the writers liked Madmen better then Ted. I am sure you fanboys will say I am a hater but I spent 180 dollars for One night and a behind the screams tour and early entry so do you think it was worth 180 dollars for a day?

It is great the Pictures are better then the event this Year....Sorry Fan Boys this is just a bad year...Easy Review goes like this. Insane wait times, Roaming groups eh eh eh. The scare is No where HUGE EMPTY AREAS.....LOTS OF WALKING to get to a line. Most Houses are forgettable the later into the night the longer the express lines gets. Bill and Ted better then last year but piles of missed opportunities. I see that the writers liked Madmen better then Ted. I am sure you fanboys will say I am a hater but I spent 180 dollars for One night and a behind the screams tour and early entry so do you think it was worth 180 dollars for a day?

I may be an HHN fanboi, but other than Bill & Ted (see reply in that thread), I'm actually with you. Wait times have been crazy so far, considering we're not even in October yet--event popularity may contribute, but lack of capacity is probably an issue as well. In either case, it's up to Universal to address it, and fast. Other than Gothic, none of the houses has "wowed" me--had any of the other 6 appeared last year, it would have been my least favorite house by far. And the lack of defined scare zones hurts the event. Streets feel bare, and the Halloween theme feels less inclusive despite the new "no safe zones" meme.

So HOH last night seemed like it was missing a crap load of actors compared to other nights.

How many times did you go through it last night? If only once, you may have caught it during a cast change. If more, :shrug:.

To sum up this year... weak sauce! I give it a 3.5 out of 10.

The houses were overall short, lacking actors, and just bad.
The lack of Zones really hurt the event.
Thursday was packed and was a bad night overall! Friday was less crowded than Thursday, and Saturday was seemed even less than Friday or at least thats the way it felt... really strange.

The IPs were a joke and a waste of money, SH was incredably unremarkable, AC was nothing speacial (after all the Hollywood raving), P&T was just horrible (if it wasn't for Teller getting froggy in the vid and the light room it would get a 0/10), and the WD was only semi cool because of the sets from the show. But IMO a total waste of money that could have been spent elsewhere.

I've said it once already, but they really needed designated, themed streets this year for crowd control as well as keeping interests afloat. One less house and NO streets to go out of your way for? People just duck into the nearest house now and the lines are pretty long already (and it's only the beginning/dead part of the event). I'm not a fan. I can also say that, after a third walk-through, I'm not a fan of House of Horrors either. I thought I might like it the more I went through but no. Quite the opposite.

1) Pen and Teller-Hilarious and fresh.
2) Dead End- Love the story here and effects.
3) Gothic- Special effects at it's finest. Great costumes.
4) Alice Cooper- some stunning (if not sickening) imagery, kind of lackluster everywhere else.
5) Walking Dead- Generic zombie house with too few nods to the show. Some good scares, but all is typical.
6) House of Horrors- Very few scareactors and almost entirely dependent on lighting. Big time snooze (-), small time line (+).
7) Silent Hill- I walked through this house silent out of boredom, not fear.

B&T was awful as well. If you're into trash television, ill-written literature, and tasteless sex jokes then this is the show for you. I am not fifteen year old though and, as such, do not endorse this show.