Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Reviews & Photos

HAHAHA yes I remember him saying that. He was 100% blowing smoke up our butts, like every year hah

So apparently I have bad luck going to HHN. The only ones I've been to so far have been 20 and 22, which seem like the years people have been let down. I think both years have been great, but I suppose that's due to the fact I have nothing to compare them to :lol:. I have a question though, can someone please explain the Frankenstein part of HOH (with spoiler tags if necessary) I went with 3 other people and none of us can remember seeing him, yet everyone is saying how amazing his scene was!

Thanks!

So apparently I have bad luck going to HHN. The only ones I've been to so far have been 20 and 22, which seem like the years people have been let down. I think both years have been great, but I suppose that's due to the fact I have nothing to compare them to :lol:. I have a question though, can someone please explain the Frankenstein part of HOH (with spoiler tags if necessary) I went with 3 other people and none of us can remember seeing him, yet everyone is saying how amazing his scene was!

Thanks!

In the Frankenstein room, Frankenstein is super aggressive, and from what I've seen, he actually appears to burst through a wall and charge at you right as you enter the room...it's pretty cool and startling.

And honestly, I think that 20 was a great year, and that was a good time for you to have checked it out! Hades, Legendary Truth, The Hallow'd Past, and Catacombs are all phenomenal houses that are among the best I've seen since I've been going in 2007. IMO, you picked a good year to go :) hopefully the next time you check it out it'll be up to par with some of the better years.

Thanks!

At the end of the house you might have seen a arched opening... He was back there and would break out and run at you down the hall. And yes it was the best part of that house

Thanks!

I'm thinking there referring to the circular room, sorry scareactors I don't know the name of the room outside of Frankenstein.

In the room their are openings all around you. Just to the left of the passage to the next room, their is an opening with what appears to be Frankenstein attached to his lab stable that's standing vertical. Its a mirror gag also made to make it appear as if he is a further away than he really is. Once the sound and lighting effect are queued by the actor Frankenstein breaks loose and charges straight towards you. With the mirror gag it makes it feel like he is charging you very quickly. It is an intense scene.

I didn't want to be portrayed as the dreaded one upper guy...

Thanks!

I actually thought that XX and 22 were great in terms of houses. The streets were lacking both years in some cases but they were awesome years other then that in my opinion, so you aren't alone.

So I went through HOH tonight (only house of my short night), and it just gets better every time I do it. Despite the simplicity and "cheapness" of the sets it is just barely behind Gothic and Dead End for me. I love the scares that the scareactors are making, and I get caught in a different room or in a different way every time, with the exception of Frankenstein gag towards the end, that one always gets me somehow. I don't know what it is, but I absolutely hate the final room (in a good, I'm genuinely scared way), I try to push through it as fast as I possibly can, and the Dracula room also creeps me out. Apart from Frankenstein, I love the Wolfman room, and tonight the two wolfs in there were teaming up for scares, and it was really effective.

Here are a few from this week :thumbs:

8122942143_e2079b63ff.jpg

8122960604_7ee6983ffb.jpg

8122963520_d344004dc0.jpg

8124062816_f1bb03bb42.jpg

8124062722_7f07ddd517.jpg

Honestly the trick is in the editing. The picture itself right out of the camera was nothing like that but with the help of Lightroom and Nik Color Efex I was able to bring out a lot of the details and colors.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so I may have gone a little crazy so far on this trip with taking a ton of pics with the fisheye lens. :lol:

HHN by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr