Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Glad I avoided m&m getting into body collectors for house number 3.

Surprisingly rain stayed away completely.

Last edited:
Waits before 8:

FVJ and Insidious: 60
Body Collectors, M&M, and TWD: 45
AWIL: 35
Purge: 25
Asylum and Run: 10

A little past 7 waits weren't much different than my first check, these crowds seem on par or maybe slightly less than last Thursday. Next Wednesday and Thursday will be very interesting since ROF is done and FFP has two nights, so that should spread out some crowds.

Waits before 8:

FVJ and Insidious: 60
Body Collectors, M&M, and TWD: 45
AWIL: 35
Purge: 25
Asylum and Run: 10

A little past 7 waits weren't much different than my first check, these crowds seem on par or maybe slightly less than last Thursday. Next Wednesday and Thursday will be very interesting since ROF is done and FFP has two nights, so that should spread out some crowds.

Werewolf house said 20 minutes, I watited 45.
but
Walking Dead said 25 Minutes, I waited 25.

I dont know if i just have the worst luck or i get into lines just as they change the times, but most of the time the times are way off for me. And you are not even moving, at all. I must have spent half of those 45 minutes just standing still. Express keeps on coming and coming and the regular line just stays still for half the time it says.

I wouldn't mind if they let at least a couple of regular people with express. at least a couple, 5, 5 people per every 10 express.
that would at least get your legs moving a little bit

Did 8 of 9 houses by 9 and then waited for insidious so I could go home earlier. So tired.
I will say I enjoyed the event but could not imagine making it a yearly trip. I have had a better time for less money at other parks. There is just no house good enough to make up for the conga line. The one thing universal has is more new content each year. Im not complaining as i knew about this and given the location I suppose that's the way it has to be. I'm glad I did it once. I really wonder how overrated hhn is based off of the brand and lack of comparison to other events for many of the guests.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Werewolf house said 20 minutes, I watited 45.
but
Walking Dead said 25 Minutes, I waited 25.

What I saw with regular lines backs this up. Early in the night, watched Purge jump from 15 to 50 instantly. Soon after jumped in a 20-minute Run line with an Express-less friend that was more like 35 - 40. Around 12:30, Asylum was posted 10, but had 4 or 5 switchbacks full. In other words, reposting the wait times is meaningless if you're trying to get a feel for the crowd levels.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I will say I enjoyed the event but could not imagine making it a yearly trip. I have had a better time for less money at other parks.

Nothing personal, but I can't fathom paying full price for 1 night, just like I can't fathom paying $100 for a day at EPCOT or DHS. If you're not doing multiple days--I'd say even many days--I don't see the value in the event.

There is just no house good enough to make up for the conga line.

Biggest issue, has been for a decade. During a run-through last night, I had a theory: the wide-spread appeal of M&M is a reflection of the fact it's largely designed for a conga line. Fast resets, distraction scares (that work the best in that setting), lots of smaller rooms and quick corners. On the flip side, as impressive as Insidious is, it's hard not to get every scare ruined.

Biggest issue, has been for a decade. During a run-through last night, I had a theory: the wide-spread appeal of M&M is a reflection of the fact it's largely designed for a conga line. Fast resets, distraction scares (that work the best in that setting), lots of smaller rooms and quick corners. On the flip side, as impressive as Insidious is, it's hard not to get every scare ruined.

I think FvJ is in the same boat as M&M. Quick pop out/reset scares.

Reactions: SeventyOne

maybe Uni needs to evolve in the way they set up the scares

So for duff s&s they let us out at 5.30 and we can get in line for all 3 houses but they are going to stager the openings 5.30 for wd, 5.40 for purge, 5.50 for insidious. I'm going straight to insidious and will see when they actually open.

I will say I got SIGNIFICANTLY more scares this year than the last 3 years combined. I think they were pretty on-point with things this year, save for a few snags

I don't think it's the set up of scares but just how their implemented. I feel 25 had just insanely well designed houses, it had typical set ups but hiding places weren't as obvious and it just had more tag teams and other such tactics at every corner equalling to more scares. They did it smart

sounds pretty good then. I guess It will only get better as it goes