Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

This sounds like a reaction to the negative posts on here about abusive guests. But of course, no one from UC or A&D or Marketing ever takes a peek at this website... ;););)
I would guess it has more to do with the major news outlets covering this.

HHN on Instagram just strangely shared a fan page that's dedicated to getting skipnot into horror nights. I guess this is a test to see if people would be interested in it but it still raises an eyebrow

The only way they can possibly fix the streets issue is by expanding to two parks imo. It would relax the crowds on the streets immensely, resulting in easier monitoring and less assault. Otherwise, the park is just going to act as a balloon, continuing to fill up more and more before it finally pops.

While I do feel it should go to 2 parks, I think it's also not having a scarezone in a tight-area that also happens to be an exit to a house. I love that zone, but the placement is a misfire - especially these days.

Debating to make a thread for this, but the collective may have some word today on their FB page. And from what it seems; they may be initaing their T.E.S.T. on a grander scale, unlike last year where it was located in the Mummy queue, it will be located at Sting Alley.

While I do feel it should go to 2 parks, I think it's also not having a scarezone in a tight-area that also happens to be an exit to a house. I love that zone, but the placement is a misfire - especially these days.
This isn't an issue that is limited to that one area. As I and many others who have worked the event have said, this is a regular occurrence in every scare zone.

Well, it shouldn't matter next year as there isn't expected to be a house there, correct? Or are they going to demo everything except queue?

I doubt there's a house there next year. Even if they didn't demolish that area (doubtful), it'll be way too close to an active construction zone.

My question is where they put the 9th house. I don't think they can go back to 8 again. I'm wondering if they finally pull the trigger on the MIB queue house.

I doubt there's a house there next year. Even if they didn't demolish that area (doubtful), it'll be way too close to an active construction zone.

My question is where they put the 9th house. I don't think they can go back to 8 again. I'm wondering if they finally pull the trigger on the MIB queue house.
How would a house work there? Similar to Disaster or would there be a tent? I know the extended queue is rather large, but I guess I just have a tough time picturing it. Either way i'd think it the 9th house would have to be back there somewhere... there's already basically 5 at the front of the park with 4 SS houses and Shrek.

Also, depending when they start work on Nintendo, the entrances to the Parade building and tent may have to be moved as has been discussed. I'd think if/when this happens, Parade entrance will go to the Hollywood parade gate and Tent entrance will start at the Simpsons gate. That's just speculation based on common sense though.

Debating to make a thread for this, but the collective may have some word today on their FB page. And from what it seems; they may be initaing their T.E.S.T. on a grander scale, unlike last year where it was located in the Mummy queue, it will be located at Sting Alley.
I was getting the notifications from the app yesterday near the Body Collectors queue entrance.

How would a house work there? Similar to Disaster or would there be a tent? I know the extended queue is rather large, but I guess I just have a tough time picturing it. Either way i'd think it the 9th house would have to be back there somewhere... there's already basically 5 at the front of the park with 4 SS houses and Shrek.

Also, depending when they start work on Nintendo, the entrances to the Parade building and tent may have to be moved as has been discussed. I'd think if/when this happens, Parade entrance will go to the Hollywood parade gate and Tent entrance will start at the Simpsons gate. That's just speculation based on common sense though.

Would be a tent. Was the plan this year, but budget cuts* made them get innovative - hence why you see Shrek now being used.

*Budget cuts meaning they decided to scrap the budget of building a new tent in order to provide more content elsewhere.

How about another tent or 2 in the parking lot that is next to the sound stage they use for special events, next to where Body Collectors is. I know parking is tight as it is but that space may work if they wanted to invest in more tents.

How about another tent or 2 in the parking lot that is next to the sound stage they use for special events, next to where Body Collectors is. I know parking is tight as it is but that space may work if they wanted to invest in more tents.
The problem with that is that would be more houses at the front of the park. There's already a ridiculous amount of people around that area at all times seeing that there's 4 SS houses and then Shrek nearby now.

As BriMan said, the original plan this year was to put a tent back there. I have to figure it'll be used next year, and Shrek will continue to be in use.

As for the KidZone stuff...I'm expecting to see lots of new queue configurations next year...but we'll see.

The problem with that is that would be more houses at the front of the park. There's already a ridiculous amount of people around that area at all times seeing that there's 4 SS houses and then Shrek nearby now.

Yea, I just don't think there's anywhere to put a queue for a house in that location.

Agreed, it's been largely impassable since at least 2012. I realize real estate is tight, but feels like it should be somewhere else.