Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

I thought 20 Penny was fun. Didn't have a whole lot of re-watchability though. It was way better than the toned down Rocky Horror and the Incredible magician guy.

20 penny was decent, had it's moments but overall forgettable. Can we all agree that everything in 22 besides gothic and arguably dead end, sucked snd should never be brought up again?

20 penny was decent, had it's moments but overall forgettable. Can we all agree that everything in 22 besides gothic and arguably dead end, sucked snd should never be brought up again?
I didn't see the 20 Penny thing. I did also like Penn & Teller and that was one of my favorite years for Bill and Ted.

Oh goodness what a terrible show that was. 20 Penny Circus I believe it was called.

I thought 20 Penny was fun. Didn't have a whole lot of re-watchability though. It was way better than the toned down Rocky Horror and the Incredible magician guy.

Ironically the only thing worth watching was the chance lady (Ironically since we were talking about her to begin with)
The magic of the show was lame, and the humor was not funny. The attitude of the guys was pretty cool and i loved their costumes but the show was pretty bad.

All magic shows at HHN are bad, All of them. they have absolutely no re watchability value at all and most of the magic tricks they do are like 20 years old, (Most of the tricks have been revealed too to begin with, nothing about them is surprising) The Icon shows like Jack's show has "magic tricks" in them too but at least it had jack playing with the audience and it had the clown dancers.

2012 for me has been the darkest year of HHN. and not in a good way either, was not a great year.

The first time zones were removed, first time Walking dead touched ground here, first time most of the houses were all bad IPs.
2012 marks the year when Hollywood and Orlando truly became one, and it marks the year when Hollywood started dictating how both events had to share everything (that year was also the year that the people from Hollywood came here to work on the houses) I have no idea who worked on what houses or what happened, but you could see the change inside the houses as well.

2012 for me has been the darkest year of HHN. and not in a good way either, was not a great year.

The first time zones were removed, first time Walking dead touched ground here, first time most of the houses were all bad IPs.
2012 marks the year when Hollywood and Orlando truly became one, and it marks the year when Hollywood started dictating how both events had to share everything (that year was also the year that the people from Hollywood came here to work on the houses) I have no idea who worked on what houses or what happened, but you could see the change inside the houses as well.

After wanting to attend HHN since Islands of Fear, I won a sweepstakes to HHN in 2012. Gone every year since. While I agree 2012 is the weakest of the years I've attended, I disagree with all the houses being crappy IPs.

The two originals, Dead End and Gothic, were great houses. The latter still being one of my favorites. Penn and Teller was very creative and felt like an original house; the 3D worked against it. House of Horrors was alright. I'd say the true duds were Alice Cooper, Silent Hill, and The Walking Dead.

In my opinion the IPs used in 22 were actually pretty good. Silent hill is awesome, Alice cooper is a legend, penn and teller were questionable but I love them so I'll be biased and the walking dead at the time was new and promising. It's just the houses themselves sucked

I got a lot of garbage for saying this but it's my opinion so whatever, I personally think 24 had the worst IP line up. Besides halloween and questionably AVP since it's more sci fi, it was digging at the bottom of the barrel. I mean from dusk till dawn the tv series? Dracula untold? The third friggin year of walking dead? The houses were awesome but by god the stuff they were based on just sucked

In my opinion the IPs used in 22 were actually pretty good. Silent hill is awesome, Alice cooper is a legend, penn and teller were questionable but I love them so I'll be biased and the walking dead at the time was new and promising. It's just the houses themselves sucked

I got a lot of garbage for saying this but it's my opinion so whatever, I personally think 24 had the worst IP line up. Besides halloween and questionably AVP since it's more sci fi, it was digging at the bottom of the barrel. I mean from dusk till dawn the tv series? Dracula untold? The third friggin year of walking dead? The houses were awesome but by god the stuff they were based on just sucked

Definetly agree with Dracula and Walking Dead, but Halloween is my number one house. AvP is up there too because it was so much fun (damn you egg room from making this an incredible house!!). I really enjoyed Dusk Til Dawn because of the original movie. As a whole, I would rank HHN24 as my top year of the four I've attended. IMO, they got two incredible IPs, one questionable remake, and two from the bottom of the barrel.

Even if Silent Hill is a great IP, the house was weak. Probably would have been better if it wasn't originally intended for AWiL.

Ironically the only thing worth watching was the chance lady (Ironically since we were talking about her to begin with)
The magic of the show was lame, and the humor was not funny. The attitude of the guys was pretty cool and i loved their costumes but the show was pretty bad.

All magic shows at HHN are bad, All of them. they have absolutely no re watchability value at all and most of the magic tricks they do are like 20 years old, (Most of the tricks have been revealed too to begin with, nothing about them is surprising) The Icon shows like Jack's show has "magic tricks" in them too but at least it had jack playing with the audience and it had the clown dancers.

"Chance" was forced on the 20 Penny guys by Universal. Not normally part of their act.

I thought the naked mentalist had a good gimmick, genuinely made me guffaw his first show. But it was the same joke every single show.

I worked HHN22 so I always want to defend it, but looking back, the only truly great houses were Dead End and Gothic. Add on roaming hoards and the magic show and it was a fairly weak event all things considered.

I'd add House of Horrors to that list, once it was finished and the actors found their groove. That was a couple weeks into the event tho.

If a house has to be repeated for 26, I wouldn't mind seeing that one re-done with enough lead time to make it truly great. Solid concept.

After wanting to attend HHN since Islands of Fear, I won a sweepstakes to HHN in 2012. Gone every year since. While I agree 2012 is the weakest of the years I've attended, I disagree with all the houses being crappy IPs.

The two originals, Dead End and Gothic, were great houses. The latter still being one of my favorites. Penn and Teller was very creative and felt like an original house; the 3D worked against it. House of Horrors was alright. I'd say the true duds were Alice Cooper, Silent Hill, and The Walking Dead.

well everyone loves Dead End and Gothic, they are fan favorites (including me) the only great houses that year, but besides those two houses the rest was bad

Silent Hill house was based on the movie, a movie that was not as good as the games, (And a movie with a lot of plot holes and confusing things in it) so to me it counts as a bad IP since the movie didn't do the games justice. (It was visually nice but the story is a mess)

Alice Cooper is a good performer and makes good songs, but it was such a terrible house...I hate to sound so petty and I hate to say this but the house made me dislike Alice Cooper in general. songs that I used to mildly like, i now cannot even stand to hear lol.
Penn And Teller was a weird house for me. the 3D ruined what could have been a really nice comedy house.

(From Dusk Till Dawn is probably one of the worst houses I have visited. not even exaggerating I know I just said before 2012 might be their darkest year, but From Dusk till dawn to me is also one of the lowest houses in terms of quality, every room looked exactly the same bsides the beginning and the end)

I can see what you mean about silent hill but that never really mattered for me, the fact I got to see those crazy monsters in person was worth it on its own. I agree about Alice cooper, the house sucked but the concept for it was a pretty great one and some parts (such as the black widow room) were awesome. There were shreds of creativity here and there. I thought the penn and teller house actually wasn't that bad, just mediocre. It had a funny concept with some cool scenes, but it got old insanely quick. Really obnoxious and tiring. House of horrors had havoc syndrome where the actors made it awesome. It was god awful the first weekend but it destroyed it the other ones manly because of the awesome cast.
Whatever I am so happy we are beyond this era, more houses, more originals, better IPs, actual scare zones, icons and most importantly, actual excitement from fans. HHN went from absolutely terrible to the best it's ever been within a couple dumb years that are fun to reflect on now. Very happy

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Sizzle Reel Universal Orlando Resort:

Spoken in the video: Michael Aiello - Director of Entertainment, Universal Orlando Resort

About Halloween Horror Nights: Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights is the ultimate Halloween entertainment event. Guests at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood are immersed in highly themed events inspired by blockbuster horror films and television shows as well as original content. The events feature film-set-quality haunted mazes, horrifying outdoor scare zones – and hundreds of specially trained, “scare-actors,” who help bring the event to life. Halloween Horror Nights is a separately ticketed nighttime event.

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Sizzle Reel Universal Orlando Resort:

Spoken in the video: Michael Aiello - Director of Entertainment, Universal Orlando Resort

About Halloween Horror Nights: Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights is the ultimate Halloween entertainment event. Guests at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood are immersed in highly themed events inspired by blockbuster horror films and television shows as well as original content. The events feature film-set-quality haunted mazes, horrifying outdoor scare zones – and hundreds of specially trained, “scare-actors,” who help bring the event to life. Halloween Horror Nights is a separately ticketed nighttime event.

Heh... "trained."