Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 25: Reviews & Photos

Enjoyed my first ever HHN event both last Friday and Saturday. Had a blast!

My favourite houses were Body Collectors and Monsters and Mayhem. Not that I have much experience to compare them to, but by far the best sets and scares in my opinion!

Can't wait to go back.

Last edited:
Wow, the carnage show was better than I expected it would be. I will have to check to find out if those were pro dancers and trapeze persons. Thanks for posting the video!

I decided to take my camera and get a few photos tonight. Never really photographed HHN before, but it was a lot of fun!
CLSkOgCl.jpg

FvWGIHwl.jpg

EB7MP7Ql.jpg

ro2Hnd5l.jpg

r6xaS8Gl.jpg

vMStm9Pl.jpg

9nUNRvwl.jpg

DFW4nN8l.jpg

OYBn70zl.jpg

Dtk76ljl.jpg

traZzUKl.jpg

qpzI4Ywl.jpg

d0I5wWgl.jpg

So, I returned to Uni last night after a year break. It's good to be back.

We had a short night, I had to work at 8am. We met up with UK-Trigg and Hockeyman and his brother. My daughter and I only saw two houses and one show.

Carnage Returns is great. I really liked the overall look of the show.

AWiL is as good as ever. Awesome house. My only complaint would be some of the wolves are over lit.

Asylum in Wonderland is a great 3D house. Best use of the vortex yet. There were a few dead spots, but the house was much longer than I expected.

I went again last night and oh my god it was the best time of my life. Got to meet the cheap seats, zombie chris and most crazy of all Mike Aiello and Micheal Roddy (who I most certaintiy gave a rock star reaction to). It was so nice to meet you all, hugs all around!!!! I also hung out with youtube vloggers discoliz, universallybritt, kpopnerd and thorsontv basically the entire night. Expect to see my skinny mug on all of their videos soon!!!

Alright now time for the houses I did and what I thought of them

TWD- I am happy to say I got an insanely great walkthrough of this house!!!! Got a ton of scares and it was just an overall blast, definitely ranking it higher than purge. Speaking of witch

Purge- the more I go through this the more I realize it's glaring flaws. The actors were still on point and we got the plant who seriously fooled us all. But other than that this house is just strobes in normal houses, need I say more?

Asylum- still really awesome but not scary whatsoever. I'm a baby and I walked through this house like another day at the magic kingdom. I love it but this is definitely one for the newbies

Monsters and mayhem- fantastic as usual and I have to say I am most certainly wrong for saying it's not for everyone. I was surrounded by newbies and they were clambering on and on about it. Great house, finally Jack got his make up!!!!

Insidious- beyond terrifying. That house is scary to the point where it's not even fun anymore. Insanely overwhelming, filled with awesome scenes, can't say enough about it. Just phenominal

Freddy vs Jason- last house of the night and it was even better than my first run through. So much energy and so many clever scares, I just love it from top to bottom. Definitely one for the books

So that's it!!! Probably not gonna go again this year unless I start craving for it in October but overall, one of the best years I've ever been to horror nights. Everything is so awesome and it's improving by the second. Hats off to everybody involved and PARTY ON DUDES!!!!

Purge- the more I go through this the more I realize it's glaring flaws. The actors were still on point and we got the plant who seriously fooled us all. But other than that this house is just strobes in normal houses, need I say more?

Yeah, it is just an sensory overdose house, but that is what I like about it, especially the strobe rooms at the end, I am a sucker for stuff like that :) And then there is the music, I basically walk through this laughing and headbanging :)

Yeah, it is just an sensory overdose house, but that is what I like about it, especially the strobe rooms at the end, I am a sucker for stuff like that :) And then there is the music, I basically walk through this laughing and headbanging :)
I can definitely see what you mean and in many cases it's a great house because of the adrenaline you get from it. Also I never mentioned this but it needs to be said, the music used in this years event is beyond incredible. Every track fits it's situation perfectly and they're just great songs period. We need a greatest hits of HHN CD ASAP!!!!

Monsters and mayhem- fantastic as usual and I have to say I am most certainly wrong for saying it's not for everyone. I was surrounded by newbies and they were clambering on and on about it. Great house, finally Jack got his make up!!!!

Glad to hear you had a great time! Nice to see you were able to see the reactions of others on this house. When my family went threw last night, I was trying to think what it would be like if I had no knowledge on the history of HHN and I felt I wouldn't be that lost.

The beginning has those spinning signs with the icons on them as if you're walking into a side show attraction at a big top, so I think it sets the story well as you enter the house...the Christmas scene seems a little out of left field, but that's ok (to me).

Glad to hear you had a great time! Nice to see you were able to see the reactions of others on this house. When my family went threw last night, I was trying to think what it would be like if I had no knowledge on the history of HHN and I felt I wouldn't be that lost.

The beginning has those spinning signs with the icons on them as if you're walking into a side show attraction at a big top, so I think it sets the story well as you enter the house...the Christmas scene seems a little out of left field, but that's ok (to me).
I absolutely agree, the settings are a bit jarring but then again diversity is what makes this house so interesting. I now see it as an HHN fan's wet dream and a newbie's first look into the awesomeness that was the past. It's just amazing

My first ever HHN, with little background knowledge of the event, and this was probably my favourite house.