Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

I'm surprised they haven't offered either something opposite of RoF were you get the last week or made a pass where you get just non peak weeks. First two weeks and last week or something like that.
The point of ROF was to give a good value to pull people to the early non-peak weeks. The way crowds seems to work is busy opening weekend, second week is the least busy, followed by a weekly ramp up culminating in hell week/weeks, and then a drop off for the last weekend since people either think it will be busy and don't go or have parties/other commitments. I am curious how many people do actually bit on the rush of fear. I feel locals get one of the ff so that they can experience it over the entire event as stuff does evolve and change, so I would guess those are mostly people that are coming up for one weekend and want to get the value it has.

One idea, depending on how their internal data shakes out, is that if opening weekend is busier than the 4th weekend, they can shift RoF back a week since opening weekend draws enough people already. It could even be an enticement enough to make people jump up from the RoF to a FF. Another option would to just kill that ticket and offer weekend tickets and price them according to demand.

I am also curious how all this shakes up the ticketing if they alter how the event is run, such as running nightly. At that point you can offer true weeknight only tickets then have other degrees that add days. If they went to every night I could see something like this. M-Th $125, Su-F $225, All of it $300. Then have weekly passes that are good for multiple nights straddling a weekend and price those from $80-180 depending on the weekend.

The point of ROF was to give a good value to pull people to the early non-peak weeks. The way crowds seems to work is busy opening weekend, second week is the least busy, followed by a weekly ramp up culminating in hell week/weeks, and then a drop off for the last weekend since people either think it will be busy and don't go or have parties/other commitments. I am curious how many people do actually bit on the rush of fear. I feel locals get one of the ff so that they can experience it over the entire event as stuff does evolve and change, so I would guess those are mostly people that are coming up for one weekend and want to get the value it has.

One idea, depending on how their internal data shakes out, is that if opening weekend is busier than the 4th weekend, they can shift RoF back a week since opening weekend draws enough people already. It could even be an enticement enough to make people jump up from the RoF to a FF. Another option would to just kill that ticket and offer weekend tickets and price them according to demand.

I am also curious how all this shakes up the ticketing if they alter how the event is run, such as running nightly. At that point you can offer true weeknight only tickets then have other degrees that add days. If they went to every night I could see something like this. M-Th $125, Su-F $225, All of it $300. Then have weekly passes that are good for multiple nights straddling a weekend and price those from $80-180 depending on the weekend.
I could see them also maybe streamlining the tickets and just having varying degrees of blackout dates rather than identifying what days of the week the pass is good for so perhaps FFP, FFP+, FFP Ultimate and "FFP Value" replacing the RoF with more restrictive blackout dates.

Also your prices are a little high, I don't think the Ultimate ticket will see that big of an increase.

I could see them also maybe streamlining the tickets and just having varying degrees of blackout dates rather than identifying what days of the week the pass is good for so perhaps FFP, FFP+, FFP Ultimate and "FFP Value" replacing the RoF with more restrictive blackout dates.

Also your prices are a little high, I don't think the Ultimate ticket will see that big of an increase.
I'm talking about if they go to a nightly event. That would be a 30% increase of nights available. If it stays as is then I would say it would be the standard 5-10% increase.

I'm talking about if they go to a nightly event. That would be a 30% increase of nights available. If it stays as is then I would say it would be the standard 5-10% increase.
It seems like the pricing model has always been to make some form of FFP the better alternative to simply buying a ticket for two nights. For example when they added Ultimate the price difference to upgrade from the FFP+ is basically the same as a Saturday ticket. Honestly I think this is why the Ultimate ticket was added in the first place to discourage buying a Friday/Saturday combo. In that scenario if someone is spending that much I think Universal wants them to have as many days as possible. I think they'll just add those Mondays and Tuesdays in as a bonus.

Of course if they're adding more days they could be looking to significantly increase weekend ticket prices which could put that more in line with your pricing.

ROF is perfect for me and my wife. We prefer Saturday nights. Friday nights are possible but we can't get there before park close. School nights are not possible for us. I don't think FFP would have the same value for us as I doubt we'd go more than three times without some fatigue setting in.

I have gotten RoF the last few years and would hate it if it went away. That being said, I would find some other ticket option that worked for me, but RoF has made the most sense to me as someone who lives 3.5 hours away.