Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, GT had a corpse for each scareactor. An event that doesn't have stories doesn't put details like that. :shrug:

I hope there is little question Ghost Town was an "old school" house. It clearly had the most attention out of all the houses, as well. To paraphrase Kevin Yee, I'm talking changing by degrees. It's not a kid-friendly event, but it does a lot more to cater to Disney lifestylers than it did a decade ago. Because that is the market who buy tickets these days.

Either way, HHN needs to remain an intense event if Universal wants to provide contrast with Disney. You're not going to beat Disney at its own game.

I agree.

Halloween is definelt becoming as big as Christmas. Not so much the holiday, but all the events leading up to it. I see way more people involved in my school that want to go to haunted houses now than 5 years ago. And I'm happy for it. I mean stores used to wait till late September to put out Halloween stuff now I'm already seeing it. So it's definelty getting bigger

Reactions: SeventyOne
Is it a serious possibility that they just leave it a mystery for guests as they enter? Because as someone said it's starting to feel like it. I know that the excuse this past weekend was that MNSSHP was starting. Well this weekend F&W is starting.

^I assume A&D isn't in charge of announcements? Because if so, then we don't have to worry about this being an indicator of the quality of the event itself. This mess is hopefully marketing's baby, even if they've had to deal with some factors beyond their control (VB, the sudden announcement of B&T)

Reactions: ChaseTuff
^I assume A&D isn't in charge of announcements? Because if so, then we don't have to worry about this being an indicator of the quality of the event itself. This mess is hopefully marketing's baby, even if they've had to deal with some factors beyond their control (VB, the sudden announcement of B&T)

Marketing has shoved things into A&D that they didn't want. There are bad sides to every coin.

Reactions: ChaseTuff

Marketing makes all decisions on when to announce what and how. A&D can only comment their perspective, but marketing has the final say.

Looks like it will be Thursday for the full reveal, if nothing today. At this point, I'm already ready for the event, can't wait for some good haunts.

Reactions: JMalez
Just waitin on that announcement...BTW, what would you guys think of a Rick And Morty house. It's got a diverse amount of sets, and would work as a comedy house. With a bunch of interactive stuff. I'm trying to do a sketchup treatment for it rn and it's actually coming out pretty well.

Just waitin on that announcement...BTW, what would you guys think of a Rick And Morty house. It's got a diverse amount of sets, and would work as a comedy house. With a bunch of interactive stuff. I'm trying to do a sketchup treatment for it rn and it's actually coming out pretty well.

You could put it right next to the Five Nights at Freddie's house, and then I could ignore that entire section of the park! ;)

You could put it right next to the Five Nights at Freddie's house, and then I could ignore that entire section of the park! ;)
Daaaaannnggggg harsh. What's wrong with seeing some different IP's in there. I'd rather see them get creative with IP's that aren't necessarily Horror then see random crappy horror movies show up.

Daaaaannnggggg harsh. What's wrong with seeing some different IP's in there. I'd rather see them get creative with IP's that aren't necessarily Horror then see random crappy horror movies show up.

I'm all for getting creative. It's just that those two franchises seem to be super popular right now, and I just can't understand why.

I've given them both a solid chance, and they just don't appeal to me at all.

Reactions: MattA