Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 217 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You know it’s always kind of annoyed me that if you go to Publix and buy a one night ticket you get a great plastic card with nice artwork from the event and yet my FFP’s have always been regular paper Universal tickets.

I always love finding those publix tickets around the park. I keep one or two when i find them

Reactions: s8film40
I recall in past years people complaining that the nightly crowds were "too" large. If they're doing a few more nights to spread the crowds around, I would guess that makes for a more satisfying experience. Sounds like a good plan to me.

I recall in past years people complaining that the nightly crowds were "too" large. If they're doing a few more nights to spread the crowds around, I would guess that makes for a more satisfying experience. Sounds like a good plan to me.
It's still not a pleasant guest experience crowd wise if we're being honest.

I think the added weekends have made spread out the crowds a bit

It's probably not comfortable or functional to have the parks packed to the brim from an operations perspective

I am sure the staff feels the same way we do

I said before I felt like the crowds were spread out much better. I’m not surprised at all they broke records. I went 25 nights and while there were only a few that were heavily crowded there were also only a few that had light crowds. Wait times were also consistently balanced out amongst the houses.

Will universal ever get rid of frequent fear passes ?
What do they gain from them?

How many passes do they sell? Is it enough to negatively impact crowds?

Will universal ever get rid of frequent fear passes ?
What do they gain from them?

How many passes do they sell? Is it enough to negatively impact crowds?
FFP’s are a win-win for Universal. If they didn’t have them it’s not like the majority of guests would pay for more than 2-3 days anyway. They increase revenue and crowds which in turn drives demand for Express passes.

If you look at the pricing Universal pushes people who may only be planning 2-3 days into FFP. I’m sure the thinking is they aren’t going to be spending any more than that on admission but they might get a little more out of them on food, merchandise and possibly hotel.

FFP’s are a win-win for Universal. If they didn’t have them it’s not like the majority of guests would pay for more than 2-3 days anyway. They increase revenue and crowds which in turn drives demand for Express passes.

If you look at the pricing Universal pushes people who may only be planning 2-3 days into FFP. I’m sure the thinking is they aren’t going to be spending any more than that on admission but they might get a little more out of them on food, merchandise and possibly hotel.

Yeah I'm usually there a week so they are perfect for me to go Sun/Wed/Thurs.
I center my whole Orlando Trip around them.

I would be very disappointed if Universal took away the FF passes.

I doubt it would happen though. They make too much money off repeat customers on food & beverage, merchandising and hotels.

I think the added weekends have made spread out the crowds a bit

I still don't think you get that many non-lifestylers (for lack of a better term) early or after Halloween, unless they have a free ticket. The argument used to be at least all the FFP guests are spending $$ on alcohol. If they aren't, I don't understand how multi-night tickets help the event.

I get really tired of people blaming and attacking FFP for the park being crowded and having long lines. Every year theres always people that really really hate ffp holders and blame them for everything wrong at the park. Theres some real strong hate to FFP holders, pretty strong resentment.
But i never know if they have a point or not. I would really love to know how much ffp get sold every year.

Reactions: MattA
ALOT...people have started to catch on that if you go two nights it makes up the money itself. If they got rid of FFP I'd have no choice but to boycott. And I'm a die hard fan. It would be an absolute spit in the face to annual pass holders. Which is what makes up most of the FFP holders.

Most FFPholders I know go for at least a dozen nights on their $100ish ticket. Many go for 20 or more. I don't think the average Passholder visits the parks 20 times in a year with a $450ish AP. It's not a case of me hating the FFP--I've bought one every year since 2005--it's me being realistic that it is insanely underpriced. FFP should be at least triple its price.