Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Man, tough break for AoV. I mean i'm sure having a steady gig is cool, but they've really been screwed this season so far. have they even done the full version of their show this year?

Not for anything other than rehearsal.

That's too bad.

I do feel bad for them as well, what I have seen of them (this year and last year), they seem like they are dedicated to their art and they aim to entertain. They also seem like nice, approachable people.

I took a survey when I got home, sort of felt bad that I couldn't rate the show high, but there was another question where I was able to say I saw then because they are an HHN must do...so I hope that helps as I feel confident they probably had a show this year that better fit the event, a show that would have won some of us over that do not care about dance troupes...but I will never know.

why haven't they been able to preform? Has it been raining every weekend or something?
The last two weeks they performed "Hurricane Shows" on a temporary stage in front of HMU. They couldn't use the big stage initially installed for them because Irma damaged the truss. They've now set up a modified version of what-was-suppose-to-be the original show in the spot where the original stage stood.

Looks like no Afterlife show at all this year.

It is a shame, but what can you do. I recalled that they used video or screenz rather well last year (I guess that is the art that dance troupes use these days). From what I could tell last year, it seemed like they didn't have a chance to know the UoR HHN crowd, but I have a feeling they had some cool stuff for us in Afterlife....seeing them adjust, seeing how approachable these kids are, I do not know, I really respect it. I hope they are a part of 28 as I just get this feeling that they blend in, check out the event, then they have a better idea of how the show should roll...just seems a shame we didn't get to see what they had in store for us!

Blumhouse was evacuated 30 mins ago bc someone pulled the fire alarm, which is inflating it's wait time (and the wait times at Hive and Scarecrow).

The house just went operational again.

Went last night and was a bit confused about the exit strategy employed at the end of an AOV show. As we were walking from Trick R Treat to Festival, the show ended and we were held in the 6 foot wide corral until everyone exited the show.

Felt unsafe and of course people started jumping and moving the barriers which made for a mini-riot.

Just didn't seem safe at all. I get the impact of hundreds of people walking in different directions being unsafe as well but thought it could be handled better.

It seems like another light Saturday....

Saturdays are the new Wednesdays
Ehh, it was raining pretty solid most of the night + Frequent fear blackouts. All in all the event was still pretty busy, just not as busy as Saturdays used to be. And all Saturday's so far have been September as well.