Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Ehh, it was raining pretty solid most of the night + Frequent fear blackouts. All in all the event was still pretty busy, just not as busy as Saturdays used to be. And all Saturday's so far have been September as well.
Ironically Sundays are pretty busy this year it seems....

And Frequent Fear has blackouts??

triggered

Ironically Sundays are pretty busy this year it seems....

And Frequent Fear has blackouts??

triggered

Honestly, I think it is that SEPT is different than OCT. I've have been every year since 22 and i believe I have always been on the 2nd week (though not always all nights).

To me, 22 was the hardest to deal with...my first time since 7, first time with my wife, I think we went two nights...there were only 7 houses and the streets did something, roaming maybe...that was the hardest year for us, but I started paying attention.

FF does not allow FRI or SAT (but FRI can be added aka FFplus).

I have been saying for a couple of years now that SUN is the busiest and SAT is the slowest. I feel the higher daily price, the lack of FFplus fans (they do get first SAT and again near the end or something)...be me, I just always hope for the RoF and four straight nights within.

Now that it is OCT and RoF is done, I think things start getting to what most folks expect or remember or something and I guess that means SAT's start getting busy next week.

my $.02 anyway.

Went this Sunday after 8pm and it didn't seem too busy, but that may have been because it's only the 3rd week. It did rain for a bit, but it wasn't too heavy. The longest wait time I saw was 60 minutes for Scarecrow and I think Dead Waters

So I will be going on the 25th and 26th! I was so disappointed with Hollywood’s, I’m flying outta town to see Orlando.

I’ve gone for 20, 23, and 25. So what are the best food stands and where are they?

So I will be going on the 25th and 26th! I was so disappointed with Hollywood’s, I’m flying outta town to see Orlando.

I’ve gone for 20, 23, and 25. So what are the best food stands and where are they?

This year, there are none. I think the food is really awful this year. There was a lot of hype about pizza fries, but they were not good at all. I think HHN is really missing out by not treating food as a priority.

Do they still have the chicken stingers booth right across from where they are now selling the pizza fries in Kidzone? Always found that a handy stop for relatively decent, quick snack!

I loved the Pizza Fries, had them several times and will definitely have them again! I also tried the Garlic Chili Chicken sandwich at Richters, it was good not great. I tried the Fiery burger at Mel's I liked it, had a nice spicy taste and worked well with their large onion rings.

Which place has the best burgers? I've been going to HHN for years but I still don't know which place has the best ones.
I usually prefer Richters. They always seem to be made fresh and they have a topping bar. Mel’s are pre-made and wrapped up sitting on the back counter. I’ve gotten some pretty dried out ones that way. I was skeptical of the Fiery Burger because it was at Mel’s, but they apparently make that one when ordered. Monsters has one with a thicker beef patty, but not much variety, I usually get pizza or chili cheese fries when I’m there so haven’t tried their burger in a while.

You could just go to Finns?

I know I might get lynched here,but I'm actually not the biggest fan of Finns :shh: maybe it's because I'm Irish and it literally is just like walking into a local at home ( which I guess is a good thing theme wise!). Also,tried the chicken things before and they came slathered in a hot sauce which we definitely didn't like,but perhaps we could ask for them without it! Thanks for suggestion though :cheers:

Currently posted up at Finns in S&S. Really disappointed with the changes this year and watching them turn away guest after guest asking to order food at the bar and being told they have to go to the restaurant side. Gone are the days of sitting at a table by the bar listening to the music and having something to eat. As many have already stated the Finns vibe is totally different this year and I'm not a fan.

Currently posted up at Finns in S&S. Really disappointed with the changes this year and watching them turn away guest after guest asking to order food at the bar and being told they have to go to the restaurant side. Gone are the days of sitting at a table by the bar listening to the music and having something to eat. As many have already stated the Finns vibe is totally different this year and I'm not a fan.

Go check out The Wharf.