Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
tenor.gif

You're not wrong. Bear in mind that I know Rick and Morty fairly well, so my reference may go beyond what's immediately available through words. Sometimes, the words may not be important at all. After all, if each clue set followed the same rules, then they would be WAY too easy to figure out.

That said...

Clue Set 5 (Part 1):

q2MRHgCy4sv2x_QVwbaJKGwXqnc=.gif
Clue Set 5 (Part 2)
UmaCc-rDTwLqBm4QzY5-cxOJmjI=.gif

Reactions: Robert Bliss
Ok, so assuming the text isn't important in the GIF set, the most prominent item in each is a switchblade and a beer, which makes me think of some kind of biker bar. Actually, that would connect to the code name of poison, as in "pick your poison." If it's original, maybe a Demon Cantina revisit? Or just some kind of bar setting.

Ok, so assuming the text isn't important in the GIF set, the most prominent item in each is a switchblade and a beer, which makes me think of some kind of biker bar. Actually, that would connect to the code name of poison, as in "pick your poison." If it's original, maybe a Demon Cantina revisit? Or just some kind of bar setting.
From Dusk Till Dawn perhaps? But that wouldn’t be because they did From Dusk Till Dawn back in ‘14. Unless they’re revisiting Demon Cantina from 2005

Question: where did the every other pattern come from for Original vs. IP with the clue structure?

My reason for asking is that, were this to hold true, that means we would have five Original concepts this year. Not that I am complaining (the Originals are often my favorites), I just want confirmation that these are the rules of the game.

Granted, if there is a tenth house, then we could have an even split

Question: where did the every other pattern come from for Original vs. IP with the clue structure?

My reason for asking is that, were this to hold true, that means we would have five Original concepts this year. Not that I am complaining (the Originals are often my favorites), I just want confirmation that these are the rules of the game.

And?...

Legacy mentioned before the most recent clue set that this was the pattern for clues 1-4. As for whether or not it holds up going forward I don’t know, I just assumed once we run out of originals to guess the rest will just be for IPs, not that there’s an even split between the two.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Legacy mentioned before the most recent clue set that this was the pattern for clues 1-4. As for whether or not it holds up going forward I don’t know, I just assumed once we run out of originals to guess the rest will just be for IPs, not that there’s an even split between the two.
That’s assuming I run out of originals first.

Final! Part 3

o2KhY4SN0_O_NK8aNfE_osgrebo=.gif

Clue Set 5 (Part 2)
UmaCc-rDTwLqBm4QzY5-cxOJmjI=.gif

BAH GAWD ALMIGHTY KING, THAT’S THE RATTLESNAKE’S MUSIC!

As ridiculous as this sounds I’m kinda getting Blade Runner vibes from this set. It’s been a minute since I’ve seen that movie, but it’s kinda reminding me of the guy Sebastian who made all the toys(?) to keep himself company? And (if my memory serves me right which it’s probably not) even how the replicants flipped out & turned on everybody? Maybe it’s like an original based on an AI revolt??

This whole set has been giving me Lost Boys vibe with the switchblade, Beer, and then surrendering mortality. Maybe this is the original house that was getting confused for an IP?
This is the last thing I'll say about "confused IP/original" stuff:

There's no confusion. Misinformation/bad information doesn't affect the houses. It's either an original or an IP.

Everyone desperately needs to forget the "leaked" list. Less than half of it is accurate. None of the originals "fit" with an obvious horror IP.

Last edited:
This is the last thing I'll say about "confused IP/original" stuff:

There's no confusion. Misinformation/bad information doesn't affect the houses. It's either an original or an IP.

Everyone desperately needs to forget the "leaked" list. Less than half of it is accurate. None of the originals "fit" with an obvious horror IP.

This.

This whole set has been giving me Lost Boys vibe with the switchblade, Beer, and then surrendering mortality. Maybe this is the original house that was getting confused for an IP?

On HNN a few pages back Legacy said “Lost Boys was a decent idea that always felt like a long shot.” TLB is the IP I want to happen the most, and while I won’t give up hope for this year until the entire lineup is released, I also don’t think it’s a good idea to hold our breaths for it either.