Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 219 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Halloween looks great, and I love the closet scene at the end of it. Still kinda hoping they don’t do it this year, but I won’t be mad at it if they do. I guess I’m just hoping for TrT to be the only repeat to get a house. Also-does anyone know whether they’re opening the store in the Mummy queue(?) again? If so I hope they can theme it to your typical 80’s shopping mall.

And this doesn’t have anything to do with this year but does anyone think Universal will ever take on anything from A24 eventually? It’s arthouse so I never thought they would but they have been gaining steam in the horror genre and what they’ve been putting out has been, IMO, fantastic even though it’s a much different kind of horror than Blumhouse.

Like Hereditary, I know it’s crazy early but anybody else see it already? Cause I’m at a loss right now I don’t even know what I just witnessed
M1uKM4k.gif

Reactions: faceleg
Halloween looks great, and I love the closet scene at the end of it. Still kinda hoping they don’t do it this year, but I won’t be mad at it if they do. I guess I’m just hoping for TrT to be the only repeat to get a house. Also-does anyone know whether they’re opening the store in the Mummy queue(?) again? If so I hope they can theme it to your typical 80’s shopping mall.

And this doesn’t have anything to do with this year but does anyone think Universal will ever take on anything from A24 eventually? It’s arthouse so I never thought they would but they have been gaining steam in the horror genre and what they’ve been putting out has been, IMO, fantastic even though it’s a much different kind of horror than Blumhouse.

Like Hereditary, I know it’s crazy early but anybody else see it already? Cause I’m at a loss right now I don’t even know what I just witnessed
M1uKM4k.gif
I would love a Horrors of A24, but their type of Horror is more slow build and translates less to a haunted house. Although Exorcist and Shining were like that too and happened so it could be possible. Would love to see Hereditary and The VVitch in haunts

ugh if HoB 2 is HDD, Purge, and Halloween. Would be a waste of HDD and Halloween as properties

I would love a Horrors of A24, but their type of Horror is more slow build and translates less to a haunted house. Although Exorcist and Shining were like that too and happened so it could be possible. Would love to see Hereditary and The VVitch in haunts

ugh if HoB 2 is HDD, Purge, and Halloween. Would be a waste of HDD and Halloween as properties

i will be furious if they waste halloween on a HoB type of house...... specially since it looked so amazing in the trailer. the trailer along had enough scenes to fit the house. specially if they recreated Michael being chained in that asylum, plus the bathroon scene, the escaped convicts.....
yeah the trailer alone would fit a house very nice.
i would be sad if they do something like that...

i will be furious if they waste halloween on a HoB type of house...... specially since it looked so amazing in the trailer. the trailer along had enough scenes to fit the house. specially if they recreated Michael being chained in that asylum, plus the bathroon scene, the escaped convicts.....
yeah the trailer alone would fit a house very nice.
i would be sad if they do something like that...

If Shrek were HoB 2, then WTH would MIB tent be?

Reactions: tankart150

Exactly, and if they hadn't done The Exorcist & The Shining (and done them so well) I wouldn’t even mention it. There are portions of both of those movies I could see translated into a verrry creepy house. Some of the imagery in Hereditary I can safely say I will never forget so to encounter that in person?!?! It’d be horrifying.

I can’t wait to see Hereditary. Heard nothing but good things about it!

If you’re like me and you loved The Witch then you’ll love Hereditary. So unsettling and a really uncomfortable watch, definitely the creepiest movie I’ve seen in a long time.

As for a potential HoB 2-ugh-maybe they’d put in Truth or Dare??

Hereditary was overwrought, and somehow predictable with a deux ex machina. Completely overhyped.

EDIT - Just like The VVitch.

Reactions: Clive
If you’re like me and you loved The Witch then you’ll love Hereditary. So unsettling and a really uncomfortable watch, definitely the creepiest movie I’ve seen in a long time.
Eh, I wasn’t a fan of the witch (or vvitch). Decent enough concept, but far too much a slow burner for my tastes. By the time anything happened I’d already switched off mentally and was feeling very facetious about it. But always willing to give things a go. At least hereditary looks more engaging and interesting from the trailer at least.

As for HoB2 I don’t get the vibe that it could be a serious contender this year. Other than HDD which is strongly rumoured here (which I’m still not convinced will happen, yet happy to be proven wrong on), and most people wanting the new Halloween to be a house this year (which again, not convinced will happen other than a scene or two in a house), why would HoB2 happen this year?

Reactions: n i c k
Eh, I wasn’t a fan of the witch (or vvitch). Decent enough concept, but far too much a slow burner for my tastes. By the time anything happened I’d already switched off mentally and was feeling very facetious about it. But always willing to give things a go. At least hereditary looks more engaging and interesting from the trailer at least.

As for HoB2 I don’t get the vibe that it could be a serious contender this year. Other than HDD which is strongly rumoured here (which I’m still not convinced will happen, yet happy to be proven wrong on), and most people wanting the new Halloween to be a house this year (which again, not convinced will happen other than a scene or two in a house), why would HoB2 happen this year?

I have to warn you Hereditary is very much a slow burn, however some scenes that take place before the 0-100 final act are (IMO) much more disturbing than any imagery in The Witch, so it may slightly hold your interest. A24’s horror seems to be generally divisive, but in the end fear is subjective so you might end up liking it-just be prepared to for it simmer a while.

Editing to add another warning-the trailer sells it a bit differently than what it really is.

If Halloween were to be featured in a house I could see it going in HoB 2, especially if they wanna feature all their new stuff i.e. The Purge, Truth or Dare, etc.. However if HDD is really happening then I can’t see them doing another HoB house and a HDD house.

Last edited:
Reactions: faceleg
I’m pretty sure the bubbles hint for the last Scarezone is Killer Klownz. I could definitely see it as a scare zone. Not sure about the 5th one. Maybe Lost Boys.

Pretty sure lost boys rumours were relating to Vamp ‘85. So excited for this zone. Really hope they release a Spotify playlist for it like they did for the event last year. 80’s music is generally pretty good.

I have to warn you Hereditary is very much a slow burn, however some scenes that take place before the 0-100 final act are (IMO) much more disturbing than any imagery in The Witch, so it may slightly hold your interest. A24’s horror seems to be generally divisive, but in the end fear is subjective so you might end up liking it-just be prepared to for it simmer a while.

If Halloween were to be featured in a house I could see it going in HoB 2, especially if they wanna feature all their new stuff i.e. The Purge, Truth or Dare, etc.. However if HDD is really happening then I can’t see them doing another HoB house and a HDD house.

I’ll give it a go. Pretty open minded to things. I don’t mind a slow burner film as long as there’s stuff to keep you engaged along the way, or interesting characters to get to know.

From what I heard truth or dare was pretty bad and badly received. Purge has been done to death. What else could they do that would work in a HHN setting that hasn’t been done before?

Pretty sure lost boys rumours were relating to Vamp ‘85. So excited for this zone. Really hope they release a Spotify playlist for it like they did for the event last year. 80’s music is generally pretty good.

not always..........
there are a lot of stinkers... anything by Phil collins or A Flock of Seagulls is no bueno :lol:

not always..........
there are a lot of stinkers... anything by Phil collins or A Flock of Seagulls is no bueno :lol:
Meh you can say that about any era, genre, even band. I’m sure they will pick songs wisely.

Personally I’m hoping for Thriller but only if they make a big deal of it and have a huge choreographed dance party. Now that would be fun.

Has anyone seen a UK tv show called black mirror? They had an episode with a lot of 80’s music. It was brilliant. If you can look it up ep is called San Junipero

Reactions: Allison
I’ll give it a go. Pretty open minded to things. I don’t mind a slow burner film as long as there’s stuff to keep you engaged along the way, or interesting characters to get to know.

From what I heard truth or dare was pretty bad and badly received. Purge has been done to death. What else could they do that would work in a HHN setting that hasn’t been done before?

I definitely recommend seeing it with a friend if you can because whether you end up liking it or not there is A LOT to dissect.

I don’t know much about Truth or Dare-or really many other Blumhouse films besides Get Out-I just know it came out recently, and the next Purge is coming out pretty soon, so they were just blind guesses at what could show up if unfortunately HoB 2 were to happen.

Reactions: Drummanmatt
Cool. I did read the best way to watch hereditary was in a packed cinema to see how people react. Will see it when it comes out here next week with an open mind.

On HoB2 I hope it does make a return to HHN. Last year I really enjoyed it, especially the ending which was so disorientating I didn’t know where I was. I just think it should only make a return where there’s properties to use that make sense. As much as I loved Get Out I just can’t see it at HHN. I don’t think it would work unfortunately. My friend saw truth or dare and wanted her money back.

Personally I’d love a conjuring universe mashup, but with all the lawsuit history over it, and the fact uni got burned before with it would they take the risk on it? Unless they got iron clad contracts and total certainty then I think we won’t see it.