Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 393 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I heard another interesting suggestion by someone
What if they cancel the publix/ burger king coke discounts?
What if they make every day cost the same 89 dollars?
Sundays are a discount day, looks like they could just set one same price for every day

Reactions: SeventyOne
I heard another interesting suggestion by someone
What if they cancel the publix/ burger king coke discounts?
What if they make every day cost the same 89 dollars?
Sundays are a discount day, looks like they could just set one same price for every day

These have all been discussed before. I doubt they actually want to reduce crowds considering the amount of money they make on food and merch.

Dont cut crowds, add capacity...

How they are planning on doing that, idk... But id love two parks, especially if that'll allow them to do that potter show.

One way to add capacity and use IOA without being too much of a strain on OPS would be possibly to just open Hogwarts Express and Hogsmead only... no houses over there just the rides and contain people to that area.. and have it only accessible by Hogwarts Express. This could work especially because the new Potter coaster would be open next year.

These have all been discussed before. I doubt they actually want to reduce crowds considering the amount of money they make on food and merch.

But thats the question. With the amount of money they are making, why not cut all the discounts? Make weekdays and sunsay cost the full price?

One way to add capacity and use IOA without being too much of a strain on OPS would be possibly to just open Hogwarts Express and Hogsmead only... no houses over there just the rides and contain people to that area.. and have it only accessible by Hogwarts Express. This could work especially because the new Potter coaster would be open next year.

Would a regular hhn ticket allow to to travel in the train and visit hogsmead?
If they included hogsmead in the regular ticket, i could see the crowds get even bigger :lol:
A lot of potter fans would get a hhn to just be able to do the train and forbidden journey lol

They could open just Hogsmeade and Lost Continent. Put a house in Poseidon's Fury and a show in Sinbad. Plus scare zones between the parks and one in Lost Continent and you have a decent expansion to the event that keeps most of IOA open.

I would love this. Specially making a show in simbad,

That could be amazing

I think the people who have FFP and go every night (or more than a handful) is a minority of the purchasers, but UOR would know the actual data.

I think come October it's a minority of the crowd, as well. That said--49% is still technically a minority. Anecdotally, I will say almost every in-state multi-night ticket holder I know goes at least twice a week. And a not insignificant minority are there 3 to 5 nights a week. Same goes for the TMs who "sneak" into the event.

Obviously there is interest in the event. Would making the sixth night rather than the second the break-even point drive more guests to one visit a year? Hard to say. But I think it's the only realistic crowd-control option at their disposal. Ten houses has already stretched resources too thin.

Universal has no desire to lessen crowds. As much as I hate the FFP, it's continuously profitable. It's not going anywhere.

Teens are a noticeable percentage of the crowds, but they're paying the same amount as the adults to attend. They're not going anywhere.

This is an annual conversation that pops up because guests tend to forget that the event isn't for them - it's for making money.

I would love this. Specially making a show in simbad,

That could be amazing
Every time I've been since Sindbad closed I see people in vests and hats at that side door on the HE station side coming in and out. Not really doing anything but they are there. Can't see the other side so I don't know if they are using that one. Could be clearing it out or at least taking the high dollar things out.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Universal has no desire to lessen crowds. As much as I hate the FFP, it's continuously profitable. It's not going anywhere.

Teens are a noticeable percentage of the crowds, but they're paying the same amount as the adults to attend. They're not going anywhere.

This is an annual conversation that pops up because guests tend to forget that the event isn't for them - it's for making money.

I agree, of course. But this year you have a real problem of telling the one-nighters don't come spend $80 (+ merch), we have to reserve your spot for someone who spent $5 for the option to be here tonight. Wouldn't UOR want to at least get $20 a night out of that FFP guest if they could? And the number of "regulars" who have bought FFP with Express indicates yeah, they could.