Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am I the only one who would be really bummed if IT didn't make the cut?
No. I would be really bummed. There aren't a lot of other recent horror properties that the event hasn't done. Conjuring sounds like it's still on hold for another year, and they've done a lot of classics fairly recently. If we didn't get TrT or IT I would be disappointed.

Luckily a houses quality isn't usually dictated by property, and even a lame property can become a stellar house. But it is fun when it's something recognizable and a quality IP.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
No. I would be really bummed. There aren't a lot of other recent horror properties that the event hasn't done. Conjuring sounds like it's still on hold for another year, and they've done a lot of classics fairly recently. If we didn't get TrT or IT I would be disappointed.

Luckily a houses quality isn't usually dictated by property, and even a lame property can become a stellar house. But it is fun when it's something recognizable and a quality IP.
Now that I think about it, what you said here is 100% true. I think I was just so caught up in the potential of IT, that I didn't really give anything else a chance to be great.

I guess I'd be most disappointed if we didn't get Stranger Things or The Thing. One is a lock and one is a Universal property, so hopefully that bodes well.
I'm trying not to jump to conclusions. ST definitely lends itself to some cool atmosphere but the scare options are limited. But after American Werewolf and Exorcist I'm keeping an open mind.

Idk… seems a bit weird WB would pull all of their properties at once at this point. IT would be understandable but TrT isn’t nearly as popular. Could it just be misinformation?

Reactions: Robert Bliss
I hope the scare in the Byers house is Will's frantic Mom lunging and screaming at us. That'd be great. Too bad it can't just be Winona Ryder.

My prediction:

A terrified Joyce paces around the room, lunging at guests as a distraction. The alphabet lights flash "R-U-N", the Christmas lights overhead start going off, and a Demogorgon pops out. "Should I Stay or Should I Go" echoes from another room.

So are we going to have a few quick replacement houses this year? I'm assuming since they've probably already designed the houses, they can't go back and make a new design.

Idk… seems a bit weird WB would pull all of their properties at once at this point. IT would be understandable but TrT isn’t nearly as popular. Could it just be misinformation?

I mean, the WB movie lot in Hollywood had a few haunts last year around Halloween (IT being one of them) and I heard it went over well. I am curious if they pulled their properties because talks broke down over them wanting to once again mount the houses and they were considering adding T’rT to their lineup. I imagine Universal would not want to share.

Before anyone says T’rT might not be popular enough, it is a known property in Hollywood with lots of merchandise and a very popular recent home haunt that had hour+ lines every night

So are we going to have a few quick replacement houses this year? I'm assuming since they've probably already designed the houses, they can't go back and make a new design.

The quick replacements happened because construction was already well underway when things hit a snag. Last I heard they were only staging so it should not be as drastic as the last few replacements. They also always have a few backup ideas/designs or could make another requel if necessary

I mean, the WB movie lot in Hollywood had a few haunts last year around Halloween (IT being one of them) and I heard it went over well. I am curious if they pulled their properties because talks broke down over them wanting to once again mount the houses and they were considering adding T’rT to their lineup. I imagine Universal would not want to share.

Before anyone says T’rT might not be popular enough, it is a known property in Hollywood with lots of merchandise and a very popular recent home haunt that had hour+ lines every night

Ik TrT’s popular, I was just saying it isn’t in the same league as IT. Not sure about the legalities but is WB allowed to “back out” from Universal’s event if they already signed contracts? Conjuring was a different situation given the legalities but IT & TrT don’t have any legal issues

Reactions: CoopF22
Ik TrT’s popular, I was just saying it isn’t in the same league as IT. Not sure about the legalities but is WB allowed to “back out” from Universal’s event if they already signed contracts? Conjuring was a different situation given the legalities but IT & TrT don’t have any legal issues

Contracts and negotiations are different and we do not know what stage they were in. I will say this on the T’rT front, why was it an Orlando exclusive when it is very popular in SoCal?

There is also the chance that Universal or WB tried to impose rules after the contracts were signed that led to the other side walking away