The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 430 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So all this time we thought we were getting B.J. and Billie Eilish houses.

But if MY sources are to be believed, wires got crossed and we're ACTUALLY getting a Billy Joel house. So scary it'll give you a heart attack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack.

Figured we oughta know by now that that's what it's all about.
Wait I thought it was (band who must not be named)?

Wall Street isn’t Jon Q. Public.

Again, different audiences. The general public is going to be a tad more interested in Beetlejuice, Hill House, and Billie Eilish than the inevitable reopening of a theme park.
I don't care what Wall Street thinks, but i'm telling you what major media outlets will be writing stories about in that scenario.

I'd like to play devil's advocate on the side of @Legacy on this one.

1. Disney has already announced their opening date and most of their health procedures have been covered in the Disney Springs opening. So, this is not news.

2. On a global scale, yes, Disney opening is a bigger story. However, we're most likely going to see people not traveling from out of state or country to come to run to Disney and rather wait for the kinks to get worked out.

3. On an Orlando scale, I would argue that HHN's announcements would get more play since they have announced nothing and it's actual news. Disney may get the lead on that day, but the more interesting, detailed and important news will be for HHN.(pending what that news entails)

Just thinking out loud.

I'd like to play devil's advocate on the side of @Legacy on this one.

1. Disney has already announced their opening date and most of their health procedures have been covered in the Disney Springs opening. So, this is not news.

2. On a global scale, yes, Disney opening is a bigger story. However, we're most likely going to see people not traveling from out of state or country to come to run to Disney and rather wait for the kinks to get worked out.

3. On an Orlando scale, I would argue that HHN's announcements would get more play since they have announced nothing and it's actual news. Disney may get the lead on that day, but the more interesting, detailed and important news will be for HHN.(pending what that news entails)

Just thinking out loud.
I agree with this. I feel like HHN announcing something is probably going to get more publicity than the grand re-opening of WDW. Since, as you stated, not many people are going to want to come to WDW (especially during these times) an HHN announcement is for sure going to be in the spotlight.

Reactions: Darko
There is no way that (in general) HHN news would or even could overtake WDW reopening coverage. Now, in tighter knit theme park circles like you might find on this forum or theme park Twitter, I’m sure that HHN will appear to be the bigger news, but HHN news will be local, and maybe national if lucky. WDW’s reopening is guaranteed international news on the level of Shanghai’s reopening. This is the reopening of the world’s largest vacation destination that has ingrained itself in world culture. That will not be swept aside by Universal confirming that they are still doing their Halloween event.

There is no way that (in general) HHN news would or even could overtake WDW reopening coverage. Now, in tighter knit theme park circles like you might find on this forum or theme park Twitter, I’m sure that HHN will appear to be the bigger news, but HHN news will be local, and maybe national if lucky. WDW’s reopening is guaranteed international news on the level of Shanghai’s reopening. This is the reopening of the world’s largest vacation destination that has ingrained itself in world culture. That will not be swept aside by Universal confirming that they are still doing their Halloween event.
It’s hard to care, on an international level, about Disney reopening when the US is on the “Do Not Travel” list for a large number of countries.

If the goal is to get max exposure I don’t know why HHN would be announced the one day their biggest competitor is reopening. It would be like introducing a new Jurassic Park movie the same day a new Star Wars is coming out. Seems that another day with less news competition would be easier.

It’s hard to care, on an international level, about Disney reopening when the US is on the “Do Not Travel” list for a large number of countries.
But it fills column inches.

Hardly anyone outside the fan community cares in July what houses will be opening in September. It takes billboards and radio spots to get most people to that point. I say that as someone who does care, then goes to the event in a small group for most of September until late Sept/early Oct when my GP friends start hitting me up to go... when it’s gotten crowded.

So all this time we thought we were getting B.J. and Billie Eilish houses.

But if MY sources are to be believed, wires got crossed and we're ACTUALLY getting a Billy Joel house. So scary it'll give you a heart attack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack.

Figured we oughta know by now that that's what it's all about.
As long as Christie Brinkley makes an appearance COUNT ME IN!!!

If the goal is to get max exposure I don’t know why HHN would be announced the one day their biggest competitor is reopening. It would be like introducing a new Jurassic Park movie the same day a new Star Wars is coming out. Seems that another day with less news competition would be easier.
Because it's fun to be a troll?

TrOll tWO hOusE C0nFirmED!#$$%

No they do that all the time...Especially post-Potter era

Reactions: Legacy
But it fills column inches.

Hardly anyone outside the fan community cares in July what houses will be opening in September. It takes billboards and radio spots to get most people to that point. I say that as someone who does care, then goes to the event in a small group for most of September until late Sept/early Oct when my GP friends start hitting me up to go... when it’s gotten crowded.
You’re presuming a lot about regional, international news. A country that has the US on a no-travel list isn’t going to cover WDW reopening because the message is, “Disney is open, but you can’t go because the US is the ongoing epicenter of a global pandemic.”

Universal did not reopen with a lot of fanfare. There was a national press release, some local/regional news spots, and a social media campaign. There was a reason for that; if they drew a lot of attention to themselves and their procedures flopped they would have been severe blowback (hi, SeaWorld). Similarly, Disney hasn’t made a big deal about Disney Springs being open.

Disney reopening was and is an inevitability. Because they weren’t first (by a while), a lot of the hype around a Florida park reopening (especially now) is tempered. HHN, conversely, hasn’t been a inevitable thing from the GP/media perspective. It may turn out to be the ONLY major Halloween event nation-wide since a lot of regional haunts may not able to pull them off. Throw in Beetlejuice and one of the biggest Grammy-winning artists ever, and HHN is going to garner attention.

You’re presuming a lot about regional, international news. A country that has the US on a no-travel list isn’t going to cover WDW reopening because the message is, “Disney is open, but you can’t go because the US is the ongoing epicenter of a global pandemic.”
The BBC dedicated coverage to Shanghai reopening when UK citizens were *checks notes* locked down in their homes.

one of the biggest Grammy-winning artists ever
:lol:

I had to google Billie Eilish when that was first rumored. I hope they haven't consumed the kool-aid like the people internally who honestly thought this summer was the golden opportunity to turn the tide in the Orlando market.

The BBC dedicated coverage to Shanghai reopening when UK citizens were *checks notes* locked down in their homes.

:lol:

I had to google Billie Eilish when that was first rumored. I hope they haven't consumed the kool-aid like the people internally who honestly thought this summer was the golden opportunity to turn the tide in the Orlando market.
Shanghai Disney was also the first major park in the world to reopen after the closing since the outbreak started. That was big news because the pandemic is big news.

And you not knowing about the youngest artist to sweep the four major Grammy categories and for only the second time in history (which was less than six months ago), while being one the biggest music names in the last year is a you thing. To the general public, she’s been inescapable.

Last edited:
Shanghai Disney was also the first major park in the world to reopen after the closing since the outbreak started. That was big news because the pandemic is big news.

And you not knowing about the youngest artist to sweep the four major Grammy categories and for only the second time in history (which was less than six months), while being one the biggest music names in the last year is a you thing. To the general public, she’s been inescapable.
I don't understand why this is still a thing that's being fought. Didn't we come to an agreement that Universal wouldn't announce on a Saturday anyway? So then all you guys are talking about is Disney. If anything, i'm thinking WDW gets press for negative reasons. You know, opening while the country is spiking at the highest case rate it ever has during this pandemic.

Either way though, it's off topic at this point if we're not bringing up HHN anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.