The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 431 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So obviously this year is way different when it comes to announcements however the past 2 years they have never had a announcement in the beginning of July it was usually around 15-25 for one so I would say it’s probably a safe bet somewhere around then. But with that said since we have heard legit hardly anything this year I wouldn’t be surprised if the marketing team slowly starts teasing something could be coming soon

wHo iS bIlLy EyElAsH

Slightly back on topic - I'm interested to see how they utilize the fan tweets in this announcement video.
Probably something similar like the bucs did with announcing Tom Brady. The video started with all the “announce Tom Brady already” tweets. In this case it will probably start with all the “where’s the announcements?” Tweets.

Probably something similar like the bucs did with announcing Tom Brady. The video started with all the “announce Tom Brady already” tweets. In this case it will probably start with all the “where’s the announcements?” Tweets.
It'll probably be something similar to this. It'll start off with all the tweets asking for an announcement popping up on the screen, then at the end we'll probably get our first announcement.

Reactions: ModDesigner23
Part of me hopes the Tweets are used for just a general announcement video rather than a house announcement. Like you guys said, have the Tweets on the first screen altogether, then cut to Jack saying something me along the lines of "You'll be seeing me this Fall."

Part of me hopes the Tweets are used for just a general announcement video rather than a house announcement. Like you guys said, have the Tweets on the first screen altogether, then cut to Jack saying something me along the lines of "You'll be seeing me this Fall."
Then a few hours after the video is posted we get an announcement, that'll be a pretty cool idea to be honest.

Hi, just my 2 cents on the 2 biggest talking points here:

1) Announcements
Within this community, HHN is one of the biggest events of the year for us. But outside, as hard as this might be to admit to ourselves, the GP doesn't care that much at all. They don't get excited over the lore, they don't get excited over announcements (unless it's a MAJOR IP), and they don't get excited over small announcements about ticketing - the latter may be a slight exception since pretty much everything is up in the air but the point is... HHN would be insane to announce something even a few days either side of WDW's reopening. Even overseas where I live, people have been speculating about Disney's reopening in a lot of ways. It'll make big news, way bigger than HHN's announcements could ever hope to do.

2) Billie Eilish (and a slight detour onto other IPs)
I covered this topic months ago when she was first speculated, but Billie is by far the biggest IP this year. Not knowing about her is 100% on you, it's hard to avoid her honestly. Admittedly, I am her target age audience so I may be more exposed than most of you on here, but to think that the artist behind the best-performing album of 2019 in the US, and the biggest winner at the 2020 Grammy Awards is somehow a "niche" IP is straight-up lunacy. She has 65 million Instagram followers, anything she posts gets well over 3 million likes - so if we're focused on HHN getting as much publicity as possible, she is definitely the way to go. Beetlejuice could come somewhat close by bringing in both older adult audiences and younger audiences, thanks to TikTok and Broadway, but Hill House IMO won't come as close as you think. Like most Netflix properties, the hype disappears after 1 month of release - that's the big flaw in the Netflix model of releasing all at once... maybe something relevant to the idea of HHN announcing everything at once too.

Sorry if any of these points could be deemed "controversial", or if anything came across overly-harsh. I welcome any responses anyone might have to these ideas?

Billie Eilish (and a slight detour onto other IPs)
I covered this topic months ago when she was first speculated, but Billie is by far the biggest IP this year. Not knowing about her is 100% on you, it's hard to avoid her honestly. Admittedly, I am her target age audience so I may be more exposed than most of you on here, but to think that the artist behind the best-performing album of 2019 in the US, and the biggest winner at the 2020 Grammy Awards is somehow a "niche" IP is straight-up lunacy. She has 65 million Instagram followers, anything she posts gets well over 3 million likes - so if we're focused on HHN getting as much publicity as possible, she is definitely the way to go. Beetlejuice could come somewhat close by bringing in both older adult audiences and younger audiences, thanks to TikTok and Broadway, but Hill House IMO won't come as close as you think. Like most Netflix properties, the hype disappears after 1 month of release - that's the big flaw in the Netflix model of releasing all at once... maybe something relevant to the idea of HHN announcing everything at once too.

Not addressing the OT stuff, as @Brian G. has asked us all to keep on topic, I’m guessing out loud Billie would be the headlining announcement (IMO, I wouldn’t be surprised if the first announcement was simply regarding safety procedures) but generally speaking she is the biggest thing they’ve got going for them this year.

Reactions: Darko and Tbad556
I'm a Billie fan so I am bias but a Billie post would generate far more impressions than any other celebrity Universal could get to promote Horror Nights. There is not a single horror icon that has a larger fanbase than her right now. Not even legends like Robert Englund or Bruce Campbell. She almost has double the amount of followers the lead of Stranger Things has.

Do we know if the HHN creative team was effected by the lay offs? I know Legacy speculated that Marathon of Mayhem could have been played for those being let go in Entertainment and his comment about Patrick's opinion not mattering...

Reactions: Amsterdaam
Billie is by far the biggest IP this year. .....(stuff deleted)...She has 65 million Instagram followers, anything she posts gets well over 3 million likes .

Holy $&@?!!!

With those numbers I wouldn’t be surprised to see a significant number of visitors who attend simply to see her house only and then do the rest of the park while everyone else lines up for houses. Billie superfans or whatever. Crowd mix could be pretty interesting to see.

I'm a Billie fan so I am bias but a Billie post would generate far more impressions than any other celebrity Universal could get to promote Horror Nights. There is not a single horror icon that has a larger fanbase than her right now. Not even legends like Robert Englund or Bruce Campbell. She almost has double the amount of followers the lead of Stranger Things has.

This really is completely new and unprecedented for HHN. While they’ve had musical acts before, IMO none have ever reached her level of success or global recognition.

The response to her inclusion outside of the HHN bubble (especially on stan Twitter) is gonna be interesting.

This really is completely new and unprecedented for HHN. While they’ve had musical acts before, IMO none have ever reached her level of success or global recognition.

The response to her inclusion outside of the HHN bubble (especially on stan Twitter) is gonna be interesting.

Even in music, nobody saw her huge rise coming. I first saw her in 2018 at a House of Blues for $25, her 2018 fall tour also sold out right away at similar prices. She had one of the largest crowds at Lollapalooza that year. Once her album came out and her Coachella performance was streamed she just went up big time. Her summer 2019 tour sold out right away but those dates came out before the album, so the first that went on sale tour post-album release was all arena dates that also sold out super fast.
I saw her in October at ACL fest and she had a larger crowd than The Cure. Once she was done literally like 60% of the front crowd left that stage with only an hour away from The Cure starting their set. So crazy. Not even Lorde was that huge when she won Grammy awards at like 17 or 18 years old.
The only other name I could think of that had a big rise is Post Malone, but he attracts a different crowd.

I agree too on the last part, I saw PopCrave or a similar stan twitter acct share one of the speculation maps and I saw plenty of billie stans surprised and many of them didn't even know what Horror Nights is all about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, that’s going to be real useful for them in a year with limited capacity.

I'd beg to differ a little - Billie has a ways to go to match the careers of both Alice Cooper and Slash, though neither were anywhere near their peak of relevance when they worked with HHN.

Status
Not open for further replies.