Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We'll never get it confirmed by Universal till it opens. That being said it's probably best to table this as a rumor till opening day.
That’s what I’m getting at. I truly believe there are some saying this to try to influence Universal. There is no amount of ppl that will change the way Universal will operate. They aren’t even using it during the day. This is truly a year of go if your comfortable.

That’s what I’m getting at. I truly believe there are some saying this to try to influence Universal. There is no amount of ppl that will change the way Universal will operate. They aren’t even using it during the day. This is truly a year of go if your comfortable.
I have no interest in influencing Universal :lol: My source has never led my astray before and I've posted all of those accurate rumors on here (both HHN related and not) in the past. Simply sharing what I heard to share as always. Could it be wrong? Absolutely. I'm poking around to other sources out of sheer curiosity now, but there's no ulterior motive here. That's silly and insulting. Yet another case of "why bother sharing inside stories".

I have no interest in influencing Universal :lol: My source has never led my astray before and I've posted all of those accurate rumors on here (both HHN related and not) in the past. Simply sharing what I heard to share as always. Could it be wrong? Absolutely. I'm poking around to other sources out of sheer curiosity now, but there's no ulterior motive here. That's silly and insulting. Yet another case of "why bother sharing inside stories".

Yeah, no worries man I just don't want to repeat what happened last time!

Reactions: Tbad556
Yeah, no worries man I just don't want to repeat what happened last time!
Definitely not upset with you by any means. As it's been discussed ad nauseam on here, there's always the risk of scoops being wrong and some doubt is always healthy in such situations. I'm completely comfortable with being wrong. Just not a fan of being told I'm somehow trying to influence a billion-dollar corporation with a tiny little post backing a several-week-old rumor :lol: Anyhow, dropping the subject. Enjoy the commercial, y'all.

Reactions: RevFreako

I wasn’t referring to you. I know of a few elsewhere that have stated they are trying to influence decisions and are blatantly bragging about it.I wonder if that’s how you and I and possibly others are getting mixed info. I apologize if I offended you. That was not my intention.

I wasn’t referring to you. I know of a few elsewhere that have stated they are trying to influence decisions and are blatantly bragging about it.I wonder if that’s how you and I and possibly others are getting mixed info. I apologize if I offended you. That was not my intention.
Understood. Seeing as my second source just confirmed it as well (and additionally stated that it wasn't as noticeable as last year's and that it could be removed if cases improve), I think it may be that scareactors are physcially seeing one thing while higher-ups have heard otherwise. Neither of my sources are scareactors.

I guess we will all find out soon enough. Event is literally right around the corner. It is what it is at this point. It's still going to be a great time.

I hope you don't get mad at me, I just want to give my opinion about the commercial and maybe it is unpopular. I was really looking forward to the commercial and have felt disappointment. I was expecting to see more icons not just Jack (even if it was in brief images) and the commercial itself seemed a bit strong and dark, I understand it's a dark event, gore, etc but I was expecting something else. Also I didn't think it was the commercial they shot in 2020 but seeing that they didn't even remove the scene depicting Billie's house... Beetlejuice is represented? I've seen it a couple of times and I don't locate if any scene could refer to it

I hope you don't get mad at me, I just want to give my opinion about the commercial and maybe it is unpopular. I was really looking forward to the commercial and have felt disappointment. I was expecting to see more icons not just Jack (even if it was in brief images) and the commercial itself seemed a bit strong and dark, I understand it's a dark event, gore, etc but I was expecting something else. Also I didn't think it was the commercial they shot in 2020 but seeing that they didn't even remove the scene depicting Billie's house... Beetlejuice is represented? I've seen it a couple of times and I don't locate if any scene could refer to it

Keep in mind with Jack that he's not a draw to Joe Schmoe flipping through channels...even LESS so for the other Icons. This is a commercial to draw people to the event. Particularly the horror fans. And probably one of the #1 horror tropes is Scary Clowns. So he works. Old Lady in a rocking chair, Roman Polansky, Hot Ginger in a Green Dress, and Tree-Man don't have the same instant recognition and understanding.

You were expecting something else...Fair enough. We have the IP announcement videos that has the happy go lucky / wiseass Beetlejuice you were looking for. It exists, just not in this add because it doesn't fit. Going from Beetlejuice to Leatherface is a huge jump and doesn't make for a very cohesive story.

The fact that it had the Billie thing that wasn't pulled, clearly shows it was shot earlier. It's not cheap to do these and the imagery is still really freaky and spiders crawling out people's mouths is VERY popular. If you weren't uber nerds like us knowing that her house was originally RUMORED to be coming, you wouldn't pick up on it. Officially, Billie has never been announced to ever have anything at the event. That's just another horror trope. Feel like it's been an album cover in the past. Too lazy to look it up. The "Billie Font" could easily be from the movie Zodiac or The Ring (typing off the cuff, might be wrong, but I do visualize a similar font when thinking about it...didn't google anything). It's nothing tied completely to a single entity unless you want it to be. The guy who was carving into the cell wall looked like the blind guy from whatever sequel that just came out or maybe Michael Rooker's character from Suicide Squad, or any crazy babbling freaky homeless guy from countless horror movies. Again, a horror trope for horror fans.

And Beetlejuice is relatively considered to be a family friendly movie. Having him in a prison with bloody bars isn't something that the IP would want associated with it. That's business as usual and probably something negotiated in the contract for using it. There have been IPs that haven't appeared on the "IP group shirt", Beetlejuice wasn't called out for Marathon of Mayhem v2.0 so maybe there's something with that, etc.

I think the commercial is great for what it is and works really well. Throwing 20 different characters into a commercial for the general public would just confuse the hell out of everybody...and they want to SCARE the hell out of everybody with the ad :) A lot of people, myself included, think Lights, Camera, Hacktion is confusing and throwing too many un-related things into a zones. The Weeblewobble Soap People, Extras from Grease, and Mask-Wearing Chainsaw Dude who isn't Leatherfact? To throw all the icons into an ad for the general public would cause that kind of confusion but exponentially higher.

I kind of agree. I liked this one a lot but I preferred commercials like HHN29 where the IPs were individually represented. This felt like it’d do that with Hill House but everything else wasn’t there.
Once again though, I did really like this one. It just felt slightly messier than the prior years, likely because this has been a messy year haha.

On another note, I hope we get a BTS video like we did with HHN29’s House Party.

From what I’m seeing here and hearing from SA friends, it seems like some houses are mostly plexi-less and some are fully plexied up. Dropping that subject now but it’s so damn strange

Excited as hell regardless though

Reactions: SeventyOne