Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 281 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The word I recall was the only budget they got this year was for a single house and zones so I’m guessing something close to normal.

Didn't they get some money to "plus" already completed houses? I would assume that was in addition to a net-new house. Unless the "plus" money was from a rainy day jar / slush fund and not part of the budget allocation :)

Just checked my direct flight BUF->MCO in October and nothing has changed, yet... i wouldn't mind it honestly, we're trying to get into Orlando a day earlier, but prices are really high right now to switch!
if you are going to rent a car in Orlando, you might want to checkout flying into Tampa rather than Orlando.
I have found that flights to Tampa were much cheaper when i booked.
it is ~1.5 hour drive, but i saved enough money to make it worthwhile for me.

Didn't they get some money to "plus" already completed houses? I would assume that was in addition to a net-new house. Unless the "plus" money was from a rainy day jar / slush fund and not part of the budget allocation :)

I don’t recall that being mentioned. I mean, “plussing” like Bride / Tooth is no money since it’s more about actors, same with BJ based on what Legacy said since it was built early in construction.

If SCarey got plussed (I believe that was the other name), then…maybe? I wouldn’t know though.

I could see them doing a big “Originals” announcement and a big “Zones / Shows” announcement the next two Thursdays to have all the content out before August. Multi-nighters probably included in that.

Then a month to just advertise and reveal the tertiary stuff like food, merch, and the commercial.

If they do that I see that being mid-August. It would be more satisfying if they gave us a house a week, of course.

Tossing my hat in the FFP discussion, this year's trip with my Mom and Dad is 4 nights over at the Hard Rock. An with an event like this we're early entry to close every night, there's bound to be a good amount of snacks and drinks purchased each night. That's not including all the merch, dining at the other venues throughout the resort etc.

If there was no FFP, it would just be two nights and that's solely because we got the BOGO tickets last year. We'd also probably be looking at a night at HoS as well. As with any theme park, it's all about getting people to stay longer and spend that sweet moolah, FFP's have people doing that. Also, admission is merely a drop in the bucket compared to revenue from Food, Drinks and Merch. A higher single night ticket is not gonna' cover Merch/F&B revenue gained over multiple days. Especially since many folks including myself have made it clear, we wouldn't be attending nearly as long as we do with a FFP. Just as revenue can add up quickly when folks are there multiple nights, the loss of revenue can add up if they're not.

*=An yeah, I'm in the boat that's patiently waiting. It's been an abnormal couple of years, so it's no rush on my end.

Last edited:
Off topic from the FFP discussion, but is there a specific reason why the first Sunday (9/5 this year) doesn't have HHN?

Park buyout, historically a "get away" day for people traveling to hit opening weekend, etc? Feels like the demand is there this year to warrant it running on the 5th.

The crowds at Universal these past few days have been insane! Also just by watching the NBA finals tonight and seeing the crowds I really don’t see them not doing FFP at HHN this year. Every major event is basically a normal crowd. Unless things get really really bad Covid wise (Please Please No) things should be pretty normal this year. I think FFP announcement is coming soon! Universal is just waiting and watching. We will all buy it anyways whether it comes now or later lol

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Status
Not open for further replies.