Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
This thread is dedicated to all Speculation & Rumors for this year's Halloween Horror Nights 30 event at Universal Orlando.

Just like last year, we ask that all speculation comes from realistic expectations and adds to the discussion. Please keep discussions about wishful/dream properties to the HHN Wish List threads. Official news will be shared on the News & Info thread.

DISCLAIMER: This thread contains discussion centered around rumors and sometimes could include baseless speculation, and should be treated as such. Posts are not confirmations. Any official announcements for HHN will be shared on our main site, InsideUniversal.net

Since we are starting fresh, let's lay out what we already know so we can avoid any unnecessary chaos.

CONFIRMED HOUSES
-Beetlejuice
-Puppet Theatre Captive Audiance

LIKELY CONFIRMED HOUSES
-Wicked Growth
-(S)Carey Ohio (30th anniversary house)
-Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Icons Captured

UNKNOWN
-The Haunting of Hill House
-The Bride of Frankenstein Lives (please stay, please god)
-The Revenge of the Tooth Fairy

SCRAPPED
-Billie Ellish

I put "The Haunting of Hill House" as unknown because apparently there were some issues with Netflix right before the date of cancellation.

Scare zones were in early development and we are not exactly sure when and even if we will ever get information on them. But I think it's safe to say we will get some form of Scare zones this year.

I think it's also fun to think that Universal may keep some elements we had in 2020's Halloween experience and push them over to IoA, but at the moment this is not important.

The only thing we should really be Speculating about at this point is what will replace Ellish.

It's good to have everyone back!
Happy Spec season!

It’s interesting to think this year is fully planned with pandemic in mind, rather than it being a midway curveball.

Desperately hoping we make it out this year.
Not really. This year will likely be 90% the same event we were supposed to get last year. It’s not really getting “re-planned” to account for the pandemic. I suspect Universal is pretty optimistic the event can happen with minimal safety measures this year (masks, mostly).

Not really. This year will likely be 90% the same event we were supposed to get last year. It’s not really getting “re-planned” to account for the pandemic. I suspect Universal is pretty optimistic the event can happen with minimal safety measures this year (masks, mostly).

I probably worded that wrong, but pandemic thoughts will run alongside any decisions made.

Had seen this photo a little while ago and decided to wait for the Spec thread to get an answer.
Screenshot_20210105-065037.png
Anyone have any ideas what this dumpster looking thing is?

EDIT: WAITTTT, Is this a joke by TM's? Fml.

Last edited:
What's the likelihood of transition curtains and no plexiglass in the houses?

1610744540492.png

-Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I thought the rumor was that this was the one that was lost?

As far as food themes go, I guess we're probably not getting a Starcourt Mall this time; what do y'all think they'll have? I'm assuming they'll keep or expand the Beetlejuice stuff

The curtains are, literally, one of the very last elements put in the houses, and only takes three-five days per house (about three weeks total. The plexiglass can get removed fairly quickly as well. They probably won’t decide on those elements until July.

And Eilish is the only house I’m not expecting from last year. I expect Hill House to still be there.

The curtains are, literally, one of the very last elements put in the houses, and only takes three-five days per house (about three weeks total. The plexiglass can get removed fairly quickly as well. They probably won’t decide on those elements until July.

And Eilish is the only house I’m not expecting from last year. I expect Hill House to still be there.

NGL I’m kinda excited to walk through Tooth and Brides again.

I know I was asking to look into the future of a tumultuous time haha

I hope to experience Bride and Tooth Fairy as they were originally intended to be experienced

Status
Not open for further replies.