Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Tips & Tricks

In-park update: Unlimited Express passes were available, so I went ahead and got one. An expensive pill to swallow, but since I only come once a year now, it had to be done.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to upgrade a FFP that includes Express to an Unlimited Express, if it is available for that night?

I'm using my first night (10/13) to try to do as many houses as possible, is this a good plan?
Halloween and Spirits at S&S, line up for DMP to do it ASAP, book it to Weeknd and then work my way counterclockwise around the lagoon, leaving Chupacabra and Hellblock for the end of the night. Food and scarezones aren't planned for me, just not predictable for me

I'm using my first night (10/13) to try to do as many houses as possible, is this a good plan?
Halloween and Spirits at S&S, line up for DMP to do it ASAP, book it to Weeknd and then work my way counterclockwise around the lagoon, leaving Chupacabra and Hellblock for the end of the night. Food and scarezones aren't planned for me, just not predictable for me

That sounds very doable.

That sounds very doable.
I hope so. It won't be the end of the world if I can't do a few, since I'm going the following night with S&S too, but I'll feel super accomplished if I can relax and use my second night to see shows and redo my fav houses

We're headed down in less than two weeks now, planning on doing the stay & scream two days in a row (with express passes), after a day in the parks each day. Is it pretty much the same set up as before; holding pen next to Finnegan's for the houses in the top corner, and the other holding area is the sidewalk area across from Simpson's?

Assuming that's still the same, any strategies that have worked well for those who have done it so far this season (ie time to get in line, go left/right, etc)? Thanks!

We're headed down in less than two weeks now, planning on doing the stay & scream two days in a row (with express passes), after a day in the parks each day. Is it pretty much the same set up as before; holding pen next to Finnegan's for the houses in the top corner, and the other holding area is the sidewalk area across from Simpson's?

Assuming that's still the same, any strategies that have worked well for those who have done it so far this season (ie time to get in line, go left/right, etc)? Thanks!

There are more S&S locations now and some old ones changed:
  • NY - Same as before except only lets into Halloween and Coven at 515 pm, earliest S&S location. Chupacabra and Dead Man's Pier open around 6.
  • Springfield/Kidzone - Just lets into Weeknd and Monsters around 545 pm.
  • Richter's - New location for Blumhouse
  • Studio Store/Hellblock - Hellblock S&S but it is completely covered and climate controlled.
My suggestion is do NY one day and Springfield the other. NY line up early and hit Halloween, Spirits, and line up for Dead Man before park open. Springfield do Monsters then Weeknd, most guests run to Weeknd first and the line dissipates much quicker than Monsters.

I did 5 mazes by 7pm on Wednesday 9/21 with the goal to do as many mazes as possible early without express. Got into Finnegan's stay and scream and got in the first part of the queue for Halloween and breezed through that, then hit Spirits of the Coven in the same Stay and Scream area, and got straight through. Then got a quick run through Dead Man's Pier, Chupacabra was 40 minutes by the time we got out, so we headed down to Blumhouse and had no wait there. Then we hit Bughouse with about a 15 min wait. By that time the queues were all 30-40 mins plus so the rest of my group preferred to go to Express from that point. I could have kept going without express, but I was happy with what we achieved. Went back later and redid the houses we didn't use express for. Was a very crowded night, even when it was getting late - and that was from locals who come late with FFP and do a few houses.

Good feedback- thank you both. On the second day we're thinking about eating at one of the places in Krusty Burger and then heading out to get in the S&S line. I'm assuming that food court area inside is open during this time and we are good to just go out and join the line when we're done? Just want to be sure, as it's never a good thing to head into this thing hungry and grumpy. Thanks!

Hey everyone, planning to do HHN Friday/Saturday the 14th and 15th of October...is this within "hell week"? Where local schools are off?

Also, does express sell out on weekends? May wanna do an after-11 express on Saturday...

Hey everyone, planning to do HHN Friday/Saturday the 14th and 15th of October...is this within "hell week"? Where local schools are off?

Also, does express sell out on weekends? May wanna do an after-11 express on Saturday...

10/14 might be a little worse than usual (as well as the night before), Osceola Schools are out. Just one county but probably the second largest local one. But this upcoming Thursday to Sunday will be worse, I imagine.

I know this is probably a little difficult to answer, so apologies in advance, but how accurate have listed wait times been this year? I know obviously they won’t be exact but I’ve heard they’ve risen and fallen quickly over short periods of time.

I know this is probably a little difficult to answer, so apologies in advance, but how accurate have listed wait times been this year? I know obviously they won’t be exact but I’ve heard they’ve risen and fallen quickly over short periods of time.

I found them to be pretty accurate. Besides the night that Hellblock jumped from 20 to 80mins from the time we walked from the entrance to the main part of the queue.

I haven't been paying attention, is the event selling out lately?? I'm planning to buy tickets for the 14-15th (friday saturday), is it okay if I wait til Thursday morning to buy?

I haven't been paying attention, is the event selling out lately?? I'm planning to buy tickets for the 14-15th (friday saturday), is it okay if I wait til Thursday morning to buy?

Not lately, at least since Rush of Fear ended. (We also had a hurricane so not sure what effect that had.)

Excited to say I am finally attending the Orlando event next weekend. Cannot wait. I’ve always wanted to go. I have an express pass and plan on getting as much out of it as possible. Any other advice for an Orlando newbie?